Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

IT'S COTTERILL THEN !

We have to be realistic, it's about the best we can probably get.

The managers doing really well ie. at the top of div 1 and 2 aren't going to leave at this stage of the season.

Who else is there? Peter Reid? :cry:

If he's the best we can get I'm even more worried than I was before.

But if he is coming I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about it though. :cry:

Who did you think we would get?

The only other option I think we could of got is Dave Penney realistically. I think the board wanted someone with championship experience though, i'm sure I saw a quote saying that at some point.

... who would have thought the sale of Akinbiyi would have done this to a manager !

As I said this is the same manager who walked out on Stoke after 12 games to become number 2 to Wilkinson at Sunderland so he does have something of a history of Dummy Spitting - god knows what he'll do when he finds out he has to help manage you're debt in League 1 (thats division 3 in old money)

Still, lets hope we can help the cause tonight by going down to a heavy defeat in Brighton - well it seems our managers mind is elsewhere :D

But if he is coming I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about it though. :cry:

Were you upset that levein went by any chance :P

Upset with de vries going?

Crazy, are you the same person that told me we bought david connolly from oxford :P

Were you upset that levein went by any chance :P

Upset with de vries going?

Crazy, are you the same person that told me we bought david connolly from oxford :P

Does it need to have anything to do with that?

It's not much of an improvement in management in my opinion. Cotterill has a +9% win percentage at Burnley than Levein had here, i'm not impressed because it won't save us. Most of you seem pretty happy even though he's just a quick option for the board as he's been here before.

Does it need to have anything to do with that?

It's not much of an improvement in management in my opinion. Cotterill has a +9% win percentage at Burnley than Levein had here, i'm not impressed because it won't save us. Most of you seem pretty happy even though he's just a quick option for the board as he's been here before.

I'm inclined to think that survival is less about quality of management than a change at this point. If he comes in with some confidence and belief and can instill that in the players we have a chance. The very fact that he comes in would show he believed we will stay up. That must have an impact.

I'm inclined to think that survival is less about quality of management than a change at this point. If he comes in with some confidence and belief and can instill that in the players we have a chance. The very fact that he comes in would show he believed we will stay up. That must have an impact.

Forest employed a defensive manager in Megson to save them - who did remarkably well at West Brom, but took them down.

We're just following them. I don't think Tim Davies knows what to look for in a manager in this situation, he just knows him. This is just all so wrong.

I can't believe how negative most people here are. Steve Cotterill would be an excellent coup in my opinion. I'm putting my neck on the line so you can shoot me down if you want, but I really think Cotterill can change our fortunes.

As for stats - a 9% better win rate is just what we need. We will win some games for a change even if it means playing ugly football.

What do you people expect? Newell ain't gonna come, Lennon is quite frankly laughable cos he has no experience AT ANY LEVEL, Penney is unproven at this level, and Allen probably wouldn't come either. We've been down the route of up and coming lower league managers and that's what's got us into this mess, Cotterill is the best out there for this job.

Whatever happens, we have to BACK HIM AND THE TEAM.

I can't believe how negative most people here are. Steve Cotterill would be an excellent coup in my opinion. I'm putting my neck on the line so you can shoot me down if you want, but I really think Cotterill can change our fortunes.

As for stats - a 9% better win rate is just what we need. We will win some games for a change even if it means playing ugly football.

What do you people expect? Newell ain't gonna come, Lennon is quite frankly laughable cos he has no experience AT ANY LEVEL, Penney is unproven at this level, and Allen probably wouldn't come either. We've been down the route of up and coming lower league managers and that's what's got us into this mess, Cotterill is the best out there for this job.

Whoever comes in I'm excited by because it's a fresh start, I just have my worries about Cotterill.

Forest employed a defensive manager in Megson to save them - who did remarkably well at West Brom, but took them down.

We're just following them. I don't think Tim Davies knows what to look for in a manager in this situation, he just knows him. This is just all so wrong.

oh my god

for the last time

STEVE COTTERILL PLAYS 4-5-1 AT BURNLEY DUE TO LACK OF STRIKING OPTIONS!!!

I will always back the team. And I certainly won't boo the manager or anything. Not sure that means I must back him though.

As for who I would like, you've listed a lot of the managers that would appeal to me - Davies, Newell, Allen, Penny, Lennon - whether we could get any of them or not is surely speculation which could never be proven. Cotterill doesn't inspire me at all, as Mr C said he reminds me of the Megson appointment at Forest.

can report that earlier today I was with SC, BK and AC, who I work for. AC had been asked to mediate dealings with SC. All parties met at The Belgrave Hotel on the King's Road. SC voiced frustrations but will be with the club at least until the end of the season. The Club have accepted his concerns and negotiations will continue in the Summer after SC has rested. There is no need for panic. Statement to be released tomorrow by Club. No more signings today as it was agreed that with speculation of late detracting from dealings and clubs realistic position come end of season, it would be best to wait until Summer for all parties.

Hope this placates some concerns.

From the burnley board........ The thread i got this from has now been deleted after someone said he cud be in breach of the clubs policy, all very strange.

Well the Burnley fans are going nuts on their Fanzine, they've even rolled out the " you jumped your depts by going into administration" and "your a disgrace to football" quotes. Pathetic, someone should explain to them that having a winding up order served on you by the agent of a footballer sueing the club for wrongful dismissal after hitting, and breaking the jaw of another team mate, kind of forces you into admin. Espically when he's on 35k a week, more then likely ten times more then they have ever payed a player :whistle: .

I still wont bealive it till I see it.

Agreed, I won't believe anything until it is done and dusted. Though I have my doubts that Cotterill will sign.

As for the Burnley fans... I'm sure if they had Peter Taylor they would know how putting average players on high wages can cripple your finances.

Well the Burnley fans are going nuts on their Fanzine, they've even rolled out the " you jumped your depts by going into administration" and "your a disgrace to football" quotes. Pathetic, someone should explain to them that having a winding up order served on you by the agent of a footballer sueing the club for wrongful dismissal after hitting, and breaking the jaw of another team mate, kind of forces you into admin. Espically when he's on 35k a week, more then likely ten times more then they have ever payed a player :whistle: .

whats the adress for the fanzine?

All clues suggest that Burnley's Steve Cotterill will be officially named as Leicester City's new manager tomorrow morning.

Burnley chairman Brian Kilby confirmed he was set for crisis talks with Cotterill at the club today in which he was expected to offer an extended contract.

However a Manchester newspaper journalist has reportedly told his friend "bald reynard", a poster on Foxestalk who broke the Iain Hume story, that Burnley groundstaff have already revealed that Cotterill is saying his goodbyes and heading for Leicester.

Quite separately, Foxestalk poster Idea or Ikea says that he has heard that Cotterill is meeting with City officials after tonight's match against QPR (Burnley are at Brighton) for final talks then travelling to stay in Leicester overnight.

This links with news from the Burnley end saying the oficial announcement will be tomorrow morning.

A former Bournemouth and Wimbledon striker Cotterill, spent six months coaching at Leicester under Mickey Adams and knows many faces on the Board and around the ground.

He was an outstanding manager of Cheltenham, the best in their history, taking them from the Dr Martens Premier League through to firm establishment in the Football League.

If the appointment is confirmed it will be fairly popular.

Cotterill is criticised by some as a 4-5-1 merchant but that might have been the way he felt was best for his current club, Burnley, who have surprised many by occupying a place around the play-off places for a good part of this season.

Burnley beat City twice this year in dour games but Cotterill was demonstrably upset by the sale of striker Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United recently and his departure as a result would surprise no-one.

Indeed his team have struggled since and the consequence now looks like a complete change of scenery for Cotterill and the challenge of saving City's proud record of never having been out of the top two Divisions.

So What You Think to This True Or false

its the ONLY thing they have against us, I bet some of them would have supported us if they were in another division. This ONLY comes out when we are looking to nick someones gaffer! or Better players :devil:

Archived