Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Kelly In?

Kelly In?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly In?

• Yes
    • No

It makes perfect sense.

Why rush and appoint some average defensive manager in Cotterill now. It's the league that's important and Kelly has a 100% record. Of course as well all know, this may be a one off. But in this situation, we have to give the guy a chance, he's just took us out of the bottom 3.

It's only one game.

It's a win, it's a comeback win, it's 3 goals, so at the very least he should be given Wolves.

Yes. Kelly was supposed to be on a game-by-game basis, he's won his only league game - away from home as well which we usually struggle to do - which surely means he deserves at least one more game now. No point saying 'yes he should stay until the end of the season now on the basis of this one game' but at the same time if there is a chance that we could go on a run with him that would be preferable to spending lots on getting in someone else.

Yes. Kelly was supposed to be on a game-by-game basis, he's won his only league game - away from home as well which we usually struggle to do - which surely means he deserves at least one more game now. No point saying 'yes he should stay until the end of the season now on the basis of this one game' but at the same time if there is a chance that we could go on a run with him that would be preferable to spending lots on getting in someone else.

Here,Here ! (Thanks Louise you have just saved me a job typing)

and some people have the nerve to call you lot fickle :rolleyes:

Nice to see a win, wouldnt mind seeing him given another game. Certainly wouldnt mind if someone else was appointed by then.

I certainly will not be campaigning for his full time employment :ermm: well.... not unless he beats Derby giving us our 4th win in a row ( or at lest won 2 of the next three game)

It's an adage among successful clubs that you make your own luck.

Adams and Levein never grasped that. Rob Kelly might have done.

At 2-2 they would have sat back and tried to hang on for the point. He didn't. We went for the win and got it, scoring three goals in an away league game for the first time in nearly two years.

He was helped by a couple of slices of luck, though. Williams' injury early on and replacement by Weso made us a lot more competitive than would have been the case otherwise.

And radio reports suggested there may have been an element of offside about the move which brought our winner. Not that we should worry. After all, we've had plenty of dodgy calls go AGAINST us this season.

Although we're now out of the drop zone, there will be plenty of twists and turns ahead. But with four of the next six games at home, we now have the chance to put daylight between ourselves and the bottom 3.

Whoever is in charge, let's hope that the spirit and positive approach that was witnessed tonight can continue!

in the last poll about managers where it said about keeping kelly i said yes and i stand more firmly by that tonight! i would moan about having coteril but atleast kelly goes on the os and actually talks truth and he clearly has given the players some confidence!! :thumbup:

I'd like Kelly to succeed, not sure why, but I've got a good feeling about him. The offloading of MDV and the inspired substitutions tonight probably helped.

That said, it's much to early to judge him. He deserves a couple more games and if things go well and we pull away from the drop zone then, yes, I'd tend to agree that he may be a good choice for the rest of the season.

If he does extraorniarily well over the next 15 games then we'll have found our new manager.

Congratulations to Kelly for giving the lads the self belief to keep fighting until the end, that is exactly what we have got to do for the remaining 15 games. I'm not going to go too overboard with the victory but it's a welcome relief and Kelly and the lads deserve maximum credit in what must have been chaos in the club throughout the past week.

There's no need to rush to find a new manager, Kelly deserves another game and if we can't get Cotterill then i'd rather Kelly be given a chance on a game to game basis. Listening to his thoughts after the game I enjoyed what he had to say and he certainly isn't resting on his laurels. Nice to hear him mention Sheehan and Hamill and as he says this is a team game and every single memeber of the Leicester squad will be crucial for the cause.

If we can get back to back wins it will give the players alot of confidence and will also give Rob Kelly ammunition to get the job until the end of the season and beyond. If we're going for a short term manager then we might aswell give it Kelly and if he can keep us up then he's likely to have got us winning regular;y and that in itself would deserve a longer deal. I'm still unconvinced he's got what it takes as he's very inexperienced in management but that could work in his favour at getting the players playing to the best of their ability as he's got no pre-conceived ideas and he'll be working instinct.

Archived