Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Holloway is our man

People who want Martin Allen to be our next manager surely shouldn't be too disappointed with Holloway as they are very similar. I've watched Brentford a few times under Allen and they play a horrible style of football but get results because of the sheer motivation from their manager. Holloway did the same at QPR will no money whatsoever and a board that are a disgrace.

I don't want Holloway but from what i've read from QPR fans they are gutted he's going.

Don't forget they are both totally mad .....

Just got a reply from Tim Davies! I sent an e-mail saying please don't give holloway the job and all that, we want Newell or someone else!

He just said don't believe everything you read! Wow thanks Tim!!

Ditto! After expressing my concern at Holloway being touted as our potential new boss i got "dont believe all you read". Succinct but exactly what i wanted to hear! fingers crossed :)

Ditto! After expressing my concern at Holloway being touted as our potential new boss i got "dont believe all you read". Succinct but exactly what i wanted to hear! fingers crossed :)

Indeed. Maybe he's employed someone to filter his inbox, with any unknown e-mails from fans to get someone to write : 'Don't believe Everything You Read'

Indeed. Maybe he's employed someone to filter his inbox, with any unknown e-mails from fans to get someone to write : 'Don't believe Everything You Read'

I would be extremely suprised if he handles all his emails himself. More than likely he has a P.A. that filters the mail and 'auto-responds' to the majority of his emails.

I panicked a bit when I heard on RL that Holloway had been suspended for talking to us....but after thinking about it for a bit it seems like just the sort of stunt a club might conduct when trying to sack a manager without compensation 'oh he's been talking to other clubs' - reading the QPR official site it says its partly to do with speculation in the media about him coming here, nothing about him actually being contacted.

This is my email and reply, which I'm sure was wriiten by Tim as no self repsecting secretary would write so badly. ;)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 06 February 2006 09:05

Subject: RE: New Manager [GFI-T27385-43EB09DFD4EAE0D2]

dont believe press reports

Sent: 06 February 2006 08:53
    To: Tim Davies
    Subject: New Manager [GFI-T27385-43EB09DFD4EAE0D2]
    Dear Tim,
    This morning there are rumours circulating the media about the possible appointment of Ian Holloway (QPR) as our new manager. I feel compelled to let you know that if this happens then you can no longer rely on my son and I continuing to purchase season tickets. This man is, in my opinion a disgrace to the beautiful game employing underhand tactics that are nothing short of cheating, spiteful and detrimental to the game.

Any success achieved through these type of tactics would bring me no pleasure and I would have no desire to attend games managed by this man. I also doubt he has the necessary talents to return this club to the Premiership which I presume is still the aim of the Board at LCFC.
    Leicester City already has a tarnished reputation with administration, unjustly in my opinion and other unsavoury incidents. The potential employment of this individual would in my opinion further tarnish our reputation as a welcoming family oriented football club.

I sincerely hope that this is just a rumour but if it does come to fruition then my 40 plus years of attending Leicester City will come to an abrupt end.
    Regards

I e-mailed Tim too...

dont believe all you read in the press

Sent: 05 February 2006 13:24

Subject: New managerial appointment

Dear Tim,

I am a 20 year old season ticket holder who commutes from Sheffield for every home game and a good percentage of away games each season. Having read recent reports and heard rumours from various sources I am quite concerned that you may be looking at Ian Holloway as the man to fill our managerial vacancy. I, as well as many other fans that I know, would be extremely unhappy if this were to be the case. Holloway has instilled a very negative and dirty way of playing football at QPR and they are a very unattractive team to watch and this would certainly not suit the players we have at the club.

I know what I say is unlikely to hold any weight with the decision made by yourself and the other board members but my preferred choice would certainly be Mike Newell of Luton who in reports that I have seen has been careful not to rule himself out of the running, although of course from the outside we know very little other than what we read.

Also if Holloway is seriously being looked at as the best option I hope you would seriously reconsider and look at how well Rob Kelly has done within the space of two games. He has to be congratulated for motivating what everyone knows are a good set of players and with the excellent acquisition of Matty Fryatt we finally have the person there to score the goals.

So please I know you are unlikely to tell me if these rumours are true but please consider my opinion and take in to account the opinions of other fans who if you look on the messageboards around the Internet you will see share my opinion on this matter.

Kind regards,

Dan Watson

Got to be joking.

Newell is begging to come hear, he has said no approach from city, so untill then he stays at luton.

Virtually in them words anyway. Newall is the man (IMO)

Statement from Newell on Sky Sports:-

Mike Newell has dismissed speculation linking him with the vacant Leicester job.

A number of high profile names have been linked with the post since The Foxes sacked under-fire boss Craig Levein last week, with the Luton manager emerging as a leading candidate.

However, Newell has stressed that he has not been asked to fill the position, despite admitting that he had been in talks with Leicester officials.

"They've not offered me the job and until that happens there's nothing to talk about," he insisted.

"They approached Luton and asked to speak to me, which they have done, but I am sure they have spoken to a lot of other people as well.

"I'm not considering going until something comes up that I'd consider going for.

"Leicester have not offered me the job. If they did then I'd have to think about it, but that hasn't happened and I'm enjoying the job here."

Link:- http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...down+Foxes+link

I think the most interesting bit of the Newell interview was this:

"Leicester have not offered me the job. If they did then I'd have to think about it..."

I too think that he sounds like he's inviting Leicester to offer him the job ...

This is my email and reply, which I'm sure was wriiten by Tim as no self repsecting secretary would write so badly. ;)

Sent: 06 February 2006 09:05

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: New Manager [GFI-T27385-43EB09DFD4EAE0D2]

dont believe press reports

• -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 06 February 2006 08:53
    Subject: New Manager [GFI-T27385-43EB09DFD4EAE0D2]
    Dear Tim,
    This morning there are rumours circulating the media about the possible appointment of Ian Holloway (QPR) as our new manager. I feel compelled to let you know that if this happens then you can no longer rely on my son and I continuing to purchase season tickets. This man is, in my opinion a disgrace to the beautiful game employing underhand tactics that are nothing short of cheating, spiteful and detrimental to the game.

Any success achieved through these type of tactics would bring me no pleasure and I would have no desire to attend games managed by this man. I also doubt he has the necessary talents to return this club to the Premiership which I presume is still the aim of the Board at LCFC.
    Leicester City already has a tarnished reputation with administration, unjustly in my opinion and other unsavoury incidents. The potential employment of this individual would in my opinion further tarnish our reputation as a welcoming family oriented football club.

I sincerely hope that this is just a rumour but if it does come to fruition then my 40 plus years of attending Leicester City will come to an abrupt end.
    Regards

hey davie g . i remember you telling us craig levein would be a great appointment for the club . maybe tim will remember that too and say to the board right davie thinks holloway is shit , lets get holloway in !!! :whistle:

I'm going to email Tim and tell him to add all your names to his spam filter. That or change his email address. Poor bloke.

Come on, it's only part of his job (which he gets well paid for), if he didn't want people e-mail him he wouldn't have put his e-mail out there. It's an easy way to gauge the feeling amongst some of the fans and to calm some of their fears (last year I had a chat to him about the groundshare and then some of the questions I asked went up on the OS in an article he did - at the CL press conference he thanked the fans for their emails etc.) - if it gets too much for him he doesn't have to read them. That said, I do think he's great for replying to everyone etc. I can't think of another Chief Exec who does that.

Come on, it's only part of his job (which he gets well paid for), if he didn't want people e-mail him he wouldn't have put his e-mail out there. It's an easy way to gauge the feeling amongst some of the fans and to calm some of their fears (last year I had a chat to him about the groundshare and then some of the questions I asked went up on the OS in an article he did - at the CL press conference he thanked the fans for their emails etc.) - if it gets too much for him he doesn't have to read them. That said, I do think he's great for replying to everyone etc. I can't think of another Chief Exec who does that.

I agree. He also told me that James Wesolowski is very happy at this club and a new deal is in the pipeline!

Archived