Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Holloway is our man

In the cold light of day, this is of course the most appropriate response. However it does not lessem my implacable opposition to Holloway. At the risk of being called a twat again, I will disassociate myself financially from the Club if this were to go ahead. :cry:

You're not a twat stevo!! It was an out of order comment!

I really hope the NOTW are on form and spouting rubbish again. With Newell seemingly on a plate why go for someone with a worse record, known for violent tactics and who's very off the wall (unlike this clubs image).

Like many people, I'll wait to see if this is true before I get angry.

it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth to see Leicester fans slagging of a manager before they have even walked through the door!!! obviously it's everyones right to have an opinion but suggesting that you are going to boycott the club and things is so juvenile, what is it going to achieve? I understand people want the best for our club but whoever it is deserves our 100% backing and FULL support imo

it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth to see Leicester fans slagging of a manager before they have even walked through the door!!! obviously it's everyones right to have an opinion but suggesting that you are going to boycott the club and things is so juvenile, what is it going to achieve? I understand people want the best for our club but whoever it is deserves our 100% backing and FULL support imo

As a supporter we are not contracted to support City, if a fan decides to distant themselves away from the club due to a manager that employees bullying and cheating tactics then it's their progative.

That's your opinion but I'll put up with being called a juvenile, even at 58. Some of us have certain standards and this guy does not meet mine and I reserve the right to spend my money where I choose in the same way I would avoid knowingly supporting any organisation that deliberatly exploits people through ill treatment.

The recent LCFC / QPR game is the first and only game in 40 plus years of watching live football where I have felt the need to consider leaving at half-time and that was soley down to the tactics employed by the team managed by Ian Holloway.

At the risk of being called a twat and juvenile I will reiterate my opposition to Holloway and echo davieG's comment. ;):thumbup:

It seems to me that the NoW have put two and two together and got the wrong answer.

Leicester may well have found out, even agreed, any compensation for Holloway should he be offered the job and Holloway may well have said he would take the job but I don't believe it has been offered.

Leicester will be doing the same with other candidates.

Newell has himself said that he has spoken to Leicester but until he is offered a job he doesn't have to consider anything and I believe him.

Leicester will have to have a main man and alternatives but the longer it goes on the higher, I am sure, Rob Kelly and co move up the list.

My overall view is that they'd like Newell, that they are conducting interviews in a proper and legal manner, that Newell will, if offered the job, have to make his decision and that if he refuses Kelly and Co will continue until the end of the season.

It would not surprise me if City, in the event of Newell accepting an offer, try to ensure there is a place within the set-up for Kelly/Stowell but, in the end, that would probably be down to the new manager. Either way if there was no alternative to their leaving they would get a generous pay-off and a massive recommendation for any future appointment.

holloway isnt the way forward for this club , if the board appoint him it will show the true limit of their ambition and stupidity in appointing a manager a good number of the fans do not want.

holloway will only be good at keeping us in this division in my opinion and that isnt good enough.

if we were to appoint him and if he was to have a bad stint straight from the off or not long after the fanbase would fracture again because a number of poeple would want him to go.

dear foxestrust,

please use your influence with the club to discourage them from appointing holloway.

there may be some who rate the guy among the fanbase but if you have been reading the fans boards you will know that there is a number who do not want him here.

he isnt a name id pick for 'building for the future' so please , please , please no holloway.

I woke up happy and optimistic that either Kelly or Newell would be in charge both of which I feel ok about. Then read notw and ran for reassurance everyone else felt the same about Holloway The guy is funny but don’t want a joker in charge at city we’ve had enough of them.

To be fair the opinions on their chatrooms is mixed about Holloway leaving, not sure about this one...he has kept QPR in the championship on limited funds as well as initially getting them promoted from Div 1. Anyone got stats on his record as QPR manager?

Here you go. Link

Despite the legitimate concerns regarding the source of this story, there usually isn't smoke without fire and that worries me. Ian Holloway is not the kind of bloke we need at City, that said, I thought Peter Taylor and Craig Levein would be good and I wanted Mike Walker and not a certain Martin O'Neill!!!!!

However Ian Holloway is a cretin and his team are obnoxious.

I still harbour hope that Newell will be here in the week, but I wouldn't put it past the galacticaly incompetent Tim Davies and Jim McCahill to get this oh so wrong.

I haven't actually read through this thread because I am getting a little bored with all the 'inside sources' and 'definite appointments' but... a few friends of mine have said that NoTW are running a story saying that Holloway will be appointed as we have agreed terms with him and a compo package with QPR.

Don't know how much truth in it, obviously.. we seem to be definitely appointing Cotterill, Newell and Holloway! I wonder if any of them know that it's going to be a three-in-a-bed scenario... :P

I cannot believe the board would even contemplate a lightweight like Holloway. Could anyone let me know Tim Davies email address? Does he take any notice of our emails?

[email protected] is his e-mail adress mate, and he has replied to the e-mails I have sent him, and I know he has replied to alot of other members on this board.

Archived