Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Holloway is our man

Come on, it's only part of his job (which he gets well paid for), if he didn't want people e-mail him he wouldn't have put his e-mail out there. It's an easy way to gauge the feeling amongst some of the fans and to calm some of their fears (last year I had a chat to him about the groundshare and then some of the questions I asked went up on the OS in an article he did - at the CL press conference he thanked the fans for their emails etc.) - if it gets too much for him he doesn't have to read them. That said, I do think he's great for replying to everyone etc. I can't think of another Chief Exec who does that.

Louise, it was a joke.

Indeed! If we'd have posted that we would have looked right idiots ay :mad:

No you wouldn't, not that I know the content of the emails. I pressume TD said a new contract would be offered, maybe it was. If Joey doesn't want to sign there's not much we can do.

No you wouldn't, not that I know the content of the emails. I pressume TD said a new contract would be offered, maybe it was. If Joey doesn't want to sign there's not much we can do.

More like he'd already signed it :mad:

Yip

Perhaps one was offered?

As regards to Weso, i'm sure they'll be alot more concerned about keeping hold of him than Gudjonsson mainly because they'll get more for their money. 5k on a 4 year deal would tie the lad up and mean we've got a good bargaining tool if he were to move on further down the line.

WTF.... Oh god.

Looks like it'll be ian holloway then. :cry:

It would be quite funny if it was though. The fact either he or his PA spent so long replying to all the emails denying it and then appointing him as manager to piss everyone off. Go on Davies if you dare.

its going to make the QPR chairman look like a right knob if no one takes holloway.

then they would either have to sack him or reinstate the man.

wonder how it will effect their team?

you can only hope, badly

its going to make the QPR chairman look like a right knob if no one takes holloway.

then they would either have to sack him or reinstate the man.

wonder how it will effect their team?

I might read this wrong but my feelingis they don't want him back. This will be a means of hoping he goes away of his own accord and saving them having to make a pay off. Whether he goes to Derby I have no idea but I don't think he'll be coming here and if TD did then he would have said nothing about "not believing everything you read in the press". At least that's my interpretation.

if holloway is clever he will sit back and collect his cash and leave the ball in the QPR chairmans court.

already know what tim said , i sent him an e-mail over the weekend and got a reply :D though he mispelt what , whey :doh:

I might read this wrong but my feelingis they don't want him back. This will be a means of hoping he goes away of his own accord and saving them having to make a pay off. Whether he goes to Derby I have no idea but I don't think he'll be coming here and if TD did then he would have said nothing about "not believing everything you read in the press". At least that's my interpretation.

I agree. They are going to have to pay him compensation.. It's not that easy to avoid or everyone would be doing it. If you remove someone from their job you can't expect them to just sit around doing nothing while their career prospects take a nosedive. Gardening leave only works if they try and quit, and you refuse to release them from their contract on a point of principal.

If any one has Tim Davies emaikl address, please post it here...

If the rumours are true, and Ian Holloway is to be the next Leicester manager... we may as well say goodbye to our championship status now, in many opinions i have seen as of late, QPR fans will be happy to see the back of him - WHAT DOES THAT SAY FOR US?

Fair enough, he got a "too good for league one" team promoted to the championship (DIV1 & DIV2 respectively at the time) - but, hes not done much since? Whereas Newell has taken a poor Luton side from the old division 3 to a very stable position in the championship - WITH NEXT TO NO MONEY!

Do the maths! I was so pleased to see Levein go, not because I didnt like him, but as a manager, he just wasnt up to the job.

With the news of the possible Holloway arrival - I begin to wonder if our board are up to the job as well?

Good news everyone ... it says Ian Holloway is our next manager on football rumours.com so that means its never ever going to happen :P

Yes and that Martin Allen will be manager!!!!

With Rob Kelly we'll have three. They'll certainly not be taking any chances on us getting relegated!

Perhaps they could sort the Global Warming problems out in their team selection discussions as well with all the brain power they'll have between em.

It's a plan! City are going to have all the managers by the end of next week!!!!!!

Even Levein will be back :):):)

famous analysis of an ugly win over Chesterfield by Mr Holloway

"To put it in gentleman's terms," he began. "If you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good-looking and some weeks they are not the best. Our performance today would not have been the best-looking bird, but at least we got her in the taxi. She was not the best-looking lady we ended up taking home, but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have coffee."

Leicester City manager? Make this man poet laureate instead.

famous analysis of an ugly win over Chesterfield by Mr Holloway

"To put it in gentleman's terms," he began. "If you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good-looking and some weeks they are not the best. Our performance today would not have been the best-looking bird, but at least we got her in the taxi. She was not the best-looking lady we ended up taking home, but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have coffee."

Leicester City manager? Make this man poet laureate instead.

Or perhaps, if the worst comes to the worst and he does arrive, we could all send him a bird in a taxi on Saturday afternoons and while he's amusing himself choosing which ones to take home, the team could nip out onto the pitch and play the match with Kelly in charge.... :)

Archived