Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Holloway is our man

what's the point in merging the threads?

I did it because I was about to respond when I thought, I've answered this question along with many others in this thread.

to appoint a man a lot of fans do not want is asking for trouble , though a number of qpr fans on the rivals site are not that bothered if he leaves them :blink: . that should say a lot.

his stats arent that much cop either , winning 100 to losing 80 odd games while manager of qpr

We have a bad enough rep as it is with our players loosing thier rag .... we don't want holloway ... I was impressed on Saturday with how controlled the team was, i.e. no bookings, with Holloway it will be kick kick kick and thats not the ball...

Holloway was succesful at QPR after he got them back into the Championship he got them to the playoffs. Someone like Newell has had 1 season in the league and is doing very well and seems the part but is there any reason to believe Luton wont stagnate like QPR have. For instance Micky Adams was very succesful in his first full season in the league and then failed the second time. He didnt go from being a great manager to becoming a bad one. He was somewhere in between and all managers rely on luck and getting results that build confidence. I've heard Holloway as a pundit on many occasions and he seems to come across as quite an intelligent guy. All the talk of a mangers win records I think can distort whether they are good or not. Levein had a great record but it was in Scotland with Scotlands 3rd best club so can it really be compared to someone who has worked with limited finances in the Championship. All i'm saying is dont write Holloway off if he gets the job and give the man a chance. I know he doesnt play attractive football at QPR but he may change his strategy at Leicester to suit our more skillfull, young and talented players. However, remember under O'Neill Leicesters most successful period in my memory we didnt exactly play total football and knowone moaned then did they! Saying all this Newell or perhaps Phil parkinson would be my choices if we can get them now or give the job to kelly in the summer when clubs may be more likely to relinquish the most promising managers

Holloway was succesful at QPR after he got them back into the Championship he got them to the playoffs. Someone like Newell has had 1 season in the league and is doing very well and seems the part but is there any reason to believe Luton wont stagnate like QPR have. For instance Micky Adams was very succesful in his first full season in the league and then failed the second time. He didnt go from being a great manager to becoming a bad one. He was somewhere in between and all managers rely on luck and getting results that build confidence. I've heard Holloway as a pundit on many occasions and he seems to come across as quite an intelligent guy. All the talk of a mangers win records I think can distort whether they are good or not. Levein had a great record but it was in Scotland with Scotlands 3rd best club so can it really be compared to someone who has worked with limited finances in the Championship. All i'm saying is dont write Holloway off if he gets the job and give the man a chance. I know he doesnt play attractive football at QPR but he may change his strategy at Leicester to suit our more skillfull, young and talented players. However, remember under O'Neill Leicesters most successful period in my memory we didnt exactly play total football and knowone moaned then did they! Saying all this Newell or perhaps Phil parkinson would be my choices if we can get them now or give the job to kelly in the summer when clubs may be more likely to relinquish the most promising managers

Put some paragraphs in and we might consider reading it. :blink:

Whats wrong with keeping Rob Kelly on? Theres a marked improvement in team spirit aside from the two victories, we just look better. Why get a new manger in for the sake of it? If it aint broke don't fix it I say :D

Not sure how to take this news if it's true. The comments from Newell seem to me that he wants the job and it's down to the club to offer him it and sort the compensation out.

Holloway is a funny man, but QPR play grotesque football and the way they play acted at The Walkers was a disgrace this season. Let's hope it's bollocks. Kelly is doing fine by me.

This smells of board panic to me I hate to say ... they can't get the man they wanted first (by the sound of it cotteral) so instead of looking at the facts i.e. we seem to be sailing along pretty well under Kelly so no need at all to rush, they seem to want to get the first manager that says yes .... and sadly its this idiot ...

Tim Davis & co Calm down guys and take a chill pill this stinks of a panic appointment (if it *fingers crossed it doesn't* happens)

Not sure how to take this news if it's true. The comments from Newell seem to me that he wants the job and it's down to the club to offer him it and sort the compensation out.

Holloway is a funny man, but QPR play grotesque football and the way they play acted at The Walkers was a disgrace this season. Let's hope it's bollocks. Kelly is doing fine by me.

It's true. Ask any QPR fan what the most entertaining part of any of their matches, and they will tell you it's Ian Holloways post match interview. Plus It's unfair to get rid of Rob Kelly, who should be given at least another two games after securing difficult back to back wins, for that West Country Inbred. :whistle:. of names being thrown around I would take Newell, Cotteril or Lennon now. Otherwise keep Rob Kelly for the next couple of weeks at least.

This smells of board panic to me I hate to say ... they can't get the man they wanted first (by the sound of it cotteral) so instead of looking at the facts i.e. we seem to be sailing along pretty well under Kelly so no need at all to rush, they seem to want to get the first manager that says yes .... and sadly its this idiot ...

Tim Davis & co Calm down guys and take a chill pill this stinks of a panic appointment (if it *fingers crossed it doesn't* happens)

Chillll Winnsttonn.

It's not the first Tabloid rumour we have herd is it. Could be utter bollocks, no it has to be utter bollocks. I really dont think the board would be that stupid. Surely Davis watched the home game v QPR, that alone should be enough to put him off.

Why haven't the board offered the job to Mike Newell..??? I don't mind Kelly staying in a while longer, but it would be good to get a decent manager in soon.

And you gleaned all of that from a NOTW report. :rolleyes:

Someone on another forum emiled TD saying that Holloway was not wanted and that he hoped it wasn't true. TD has sent him a reply saying "Don't believe everything you read in the papers".

Someone on another forum emiled TD saying that Holloway was not wanted and that he hoped it wasn't true. TD has sent him a reply saying "Don't believe everything you read in the papers".

Well thats that then, next rumour please...........

Well with all the rumours floating around about holloway you never know. I prefer martin allen tho he shows the passion needed to gee up the players for matches against the likes of brighton woo hoo the glamour.

As i believe most of our first team are good enough to play in the prem bar a few. Holloway hasnt impressed me much the only times he has got in the papers is for saying outlandish things at the end of matches.

Hopefully the board will appoint martin allen within the next 2 to 3 matches

NO NO NO TO HOLLOWAY

Chillll Winnsttonn.

It's not the first Tabloid rumour we have herd is it. Could be utter bollocks, no it has to be utter bollocks. I really dont think the board would be that stupid. Surely Davis watched the home game v QPR, that alone should be enough to put him off.

I don't think there is any reason to believe this rumour. However, if City fans want to have as much influence as possible they need to continue letting the board know their feelings.

In my view Mike Newell is still the man they want but there is no guarantee that he will take the job and if he doesn't the Board will move on to their next alternative. The feeling I get is that the fans would as soon keep Kelly until the end of the season and if that is the case, or indeed, anything else, fans should continue to make it plain.

Holloway unquestionably has a decent record but the football he presides over is dire. I won't be doing anything to encourage his arrival.

I don't think there is any reason to believe this rumour. However, if City fans want to have as much influence as possible they need to continue letting the board know their feelings.

In my view Mike Newell is still the man they want but there is no guarantee that he will take the job and if he doesn't the Board will move on to their next alternative. The feeling I get is that the fans would as soon keep Kelly until the end of the season and if that is the case, or indeed, anything else, fans should continue to make it plain.

Holloway unquestionably has a decent record but the football he presides over is dire. I won't be doing anything to encourage his arrival.

Id rather have Newell over Holloway but I dont want either to be honest. We need to get the next appointment as right as we possibly can.

The NOTW is a highly reliable and extremely accurate news publication to only be beaten for reliability by the Sunday Sport.

I also believe in Santa and nessy :blush:

Now Holloway has been sacked by QPR after a string of poor results, why the hell would we want him? The fans were getting on his back and this is QPR we are talking about. Come on board of directors think about it!

Archived