Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Holloway is our man

From the News of the World. :mad::mad::mad::mad: If this is true then I will disassociate myself from the Club until he leaves.

Source

EXCLUSIVE: New manager for Leicester

Foxes get Holloway

By David Harrison

IAN HOLLOWAY will this week be unveiled as the new Leicester City manager.

The QPR boss led his side for the last time at Leeds yesterday before he succeeds the axed Craig Levein at the Walkers Stadium.

Leicester chairman Jim McCahill, who was also linked with Burnley's Steve Cotterill and Mike Newell of Luton, contacted Rangers last week and agreed a compensation package.

A Leicester source confirmed: "Ian has agreed to join us.

"Everyone has seen what a great job he's done at QPR. His enthusiasm and passion will inspire us to move away from the relegation zone."

Holloway, 42, a former QPR player, returned to Loftus Road as manager five years ago after a similar period as boss of Bristol Rovers.

He led Rangers to promotion to the Championship in 2004. in Despite the initial disappointment of relegation to League One, Holloway gradually turned the club round.

After narrowly missing out on the play-offs in 2002, QPR reached the play-off final in 2003 but were beaten 1-0 by Cardiff.

The following season he achieved promotion to the Championship as League One runners-up with a final-day victory over Sheffield Wednesday.

From the News of the World. :mad::mad::mad::mad: If this is true then I will disassociate myself from the Club until he leaves.

Source

Got to be joking.

Newell is begging to come hear, he has said no approach from city, so untill then he stays at luton.

Virtually in them words anyway. Newall is the man (IMO)

Statement from Newell on Sky Sports:-

Mike Newell has dismissed speculation linking him with the vacant Leicester job.

A number of high profile names have been linked with the post since The Foxes sacked under-fire boss Craig Levein last week, with the Luton manager emerging as a leading candidate.

However, Newell has stressed that he has not been asked to fill the position, despite admitting that he had been in talks with Leicester officials.

"They've not offered me the job and until that happens there's nothing to talk about," he insisted.

"They approached Luton and asked to speak to me, which they have done, but I am sure they have spoken to a lot of other people as well.

"I'm not considering going until something comes up that I'd consider going for.

"Leicester have not offered me the job. If they did then I'd have to think about it, but that hasn't happened and I'm enjoying the job here."

Link:- http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...down+Foxes+link

http://www.qpr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?top...=161828&t=47634

QPR fans seem rather happy about it. I just can't believe our board would actually think about him nevermind make an approach, have they gone mad? This is worse than the Cotterill link, i'd prefer him.

Going by some of Newell's comments he would be interested, he'd be my choice of those we've been linked with, and at least he has a connection with the club being an ex player.

You just have to be a twat for saying that.

Perhaps I am, but it is an expression of my utter disgust at even the thought of such a managerial appointment. :cry::cry::( <_<

Source

I've heard that he wants the job, but that doesn't mean the club necessarily want him.

Hopefully Kelly will be in with a serious shout now. Anyone at the game yesterday can hardly fail to notice the change in atmosphere around the club since he's been in charge

I've heard that he wants the job, but that doesn't mean the club necessarily want him.

Hopefully Kelly will be in with a serious shout now. Anyone at the game yesterday can hardly fail to notice the change in atmosphere around the club since he's been in charge

kelly has said he doesn't want to be a manager, just wants to coach

To be fair the opinions on their chatrooms is mixed about Holloway leaving, not sure about this one...he has kept QPR in the championship on limited funds as well as initially getting them promoted from Div 1. Anyone got stats on his record as QPR manager?

Lets mass email Davies quick. My God, I'd rather stick with Kelly

Amen to that. HOLLOWAY WOULD BE A DISASTER ! His record at Bristol Rovers was pretty much atrocious and at QPR he hasn't set the world alight. The most damming fact is the number of old players he uses - not what Davies wants, apparently (and the number he uses - the most used in the Championship last season - worse than CL !). THIS WOULD BE ANOTHER 'PETER REID' SELECTION - Tim Davies MUST know the fans views on this before its too late

If its not going to be Newell (perhaps he doesn't want to - or can't - come) we must push for Kelly's appointment.

I don't care what his stats are like, his teams are an abomination and resort to the worst kind of dishonest tactics I've ever seen employed.

I for one will not renew my season ticket if he is a appointed, that is not an idle threat that is a promise.

RN Fox from another forum!

I don't know where this rumour has come from. I have read the NOTW article but I believe it's someone having a blind stab in the dark. MN has not spurned our interest neither have the Luton board, in fact they have commented very favourably on our interest which is a sign that it's a foregone conclusion.

Let's see it all unfold over the next few days - keep your nerve folks it's a difficult time for our fans and to be honest if it was'nt MN then surely Kelly is a cert..........after yesterdays result.

Phew, good-ish news from the BBC Leicester City area!! (Can't do links). They've had a word with Tim McCahill(?) and he's saying no-where near ready to get a new bloke in, end of next week at the earliest. And he's still not ruled out Kelly, with an expieriences bloke with him until the end of the season!!

At least that must scotch the worrying Holloway rumours!!! :sweating:

BBC

Leicester are still "some way" from finding a replacement for sacked manager Craig Levein, club chairman Jim McCahill has told BBC Sport. Levein's 14-month spell in charge ended on 25 January with the Foxes facing relegation from the Championship.

"We are some way away yet from making a decision," McCahill said.

"By the end of next week we hope to be concentrating on the last two or three recommended candidates but I can't comment on any individuals."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has turned down an approach from Leicester while Preston did likewise when their manager Billy Davies was targeted.

Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson, QPR boss Ian Holloway and Luton manager Mike Newell have all been linked with the post.

The former Blackburn coach lost his first two games at the helm but saw the Foxes take a vital three points at QPR.

If Kelly builds up a run of results, McCahill said he could find himself in the position over the long-term.

"We mustn't forget Rob Kelly is doing a good job," said McCahill.

"We've not ruled out Rob continuing to the end of the season with extra support from an experienced coach or manager.

"The longer results go our way the more it takes away the urgency of making an appointment.

"However, from the time Craig left our priority has been to preserve our Championship status and we know we need to sort the manager's position out."

I'm not going to comment on NOTW speculation - my opinions will be reserved until I hear something more reliable, preferably from the club.

In the cold light of day, this is of course the most appropriate response. However it does not lessen my implacable opposition to Holloway. At the risk of being called a twat again, I will disassociate myself financially from the Club if this were to go ahead. :cry:

This would be a shit choice from the club to appoint him as manager, with the other choices being banded about such as Newell, Cotterill and Kelly, this would be an extremely bad appointment when you've got the other possibilities to choose from.

**** OFF HOLLOWAY

Archived