Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Brian Kidd

According to another board, Brian Kidd might well be appointed as Rob Kelly's assistant until the end of the season.

Does make sense. The board have said that Kelly is an option with an experienced coach. Brian Kidd has also come out in the media this week saying he's ready to get back involved in football.

Kelly has also worked with Kidd before i'm sure of it.

Brian Kidd was always a very good coach. Obviously, not all coaches can be managers and he is a perfect example of this, better suited to working with and improving players rather than the day-to-day management side. If he was to join our backroom staff, I think it would be a good addition.

I would be pleased with this but i am sure i heard, albeit a while a go that he was battling some sort of illness.

Brian Kidd was always a very good coach. Obviously, not all coaches can be managers and he is a perfect example of this, better suited to working with and improving players rather than the day-to-day management side. If he was to join our backroom staff, I think it would be a good addition.

Hell yes!! We are talking about a guy who did a great job at Man Utd, worked with the one of the most successful (and annoying) managers in history and got himself a Premiership managers job on the back of it. Just because he didn't succeed there doesn't detract from his excellent coaching record. Let's not forget the Leeds and England roles too.

Get him in! Would be a real coup.

According to another board, Brian Kidd might well be appointed as Rob Kelly's assistant until the end of the season.

Does make sense. The board have said that Kelly is an option with an experienced coach. Brian Kidd has also come out in the media this week saying he's ready to get back involved in football.

Kelly has also worked with Kidd before i'm sure of it.

Kidd was at blackburn at least i'm pretty sure he was.

Which is why this doesn't make sense.

Kelly's strength is coaching, so why being in another coach, surely it would someone skilled in the management side of the work

Which is why this doesn't make sense.

Kelly's strength is coaching, so why being in another coach, surely it would someone skilled in the management side of the work

The board have said that if Kelly were to get the job until atleast the end of the season that they would want an experienced coach alongside him aswell to help out. What with the club only having 2 recognised first team coaches at present (Kelly and Stowell). They didn't mention bringing in someone with a successfull managerial career alongside Kelly did they?

I know its posted earlier but i've heard a very convincing rumour that Kidd coming in as a coach is now the boards preferred option. I think this will be great for the club and fantastic news for the fans. Kidds legendary likes to get teams passing the ball and his knowledge will launch us up the league. I only hope he stays longer than the rest of the season if it happens....

If this is true i agree with you that it is brilliant news for the club. Install Rob Kelly as manager with Brian Kidd and Mike Stowel as his assistant. He would bring vast knowledge and coaching skills to our club. :whistle:

I know its posted earlier but i've heard a very convincing rumour that Kidd coming in as a coach is now the boards preferred option. I think this will be great for the club and fantastic news for the fans. Kidds legendary likes to get teams passing the ball and his knowledge will launch us up the league. I only hope he stays longer than the rest of the season if it happens....

To be honest I'm really fed up of all these "convincing", "my mate's Dad's sister" etc... rumours!! Until anything is concrete I'm giving up believing anything.... <_<

got nothing to do with my dad's sister's lesbian partners cousin. It was off a betting site on the net. Someone who worked for an internet bookmaker. Make of that what you will

Not a lot until he's down at the training ground!! But I do think IF it actually happens it would be a really good appointment. :thumbup: Assuming he's has recovered sufficiently from his illness (working in a hospital I get to see many cases like his, some good but some seem to have lost a lot of their spirit.)

Although, for the blood pressure, it's not a good idea to get excited about these things until they actually materialise, I wouldn't mind seeing this happening.

If current form in the manager search continues, we'll have asked EVERYONE.

Brian Kidd did an excellent job at Man Ure - even Fergie said he'd miss his input when he left for Blackburn.

When I suggested this as a viable option it was "moderated" to the suggestiong for a new manger thread!

I have emailed Tim Davies and asked him what he thought about bring in Brain to work alongside Rob, he said he agreed Rob was doign a good job and noted my opinions!

Archived