Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

I'm coming off the back of the Wheel of Time series, it's not going to be an issue. :P

You'll love it.

after that try the Malazan series by Eriksen. It'll blow you away.

coolidge-bookcover2.jpg

All about this at the moment.

One of the 20th Century's lesser-known presidents was actually fairly a hero, who offers lessons for our own time.

"The Government can supply no substitute for enterprise." Etc.

Man of few words wasn't he? Loved that quote from a dinner party he attended. Somebody sitting next to him said: 'I bet my best friend I could get you to say three words' to which he replied 'You lose'

• 3 weeks later...

i wanted to name my first daughter Rose of Sharon ( pronounced Rosheen) , but my missus at the time wouldn't have any of it.

I've not read the book but the film was terrific .

I can thoroughly recommend it, or anything else by Steinbeck for that matter. Edited by Buce

I can thoroughly recommend it, or anything else by Steinbeck for that matter.

Yes i've only read,  "Of Mice and Men" many years ago ( too many to remember) for O level  Eng lit .

I find it very difficult to read fiction and novels for some reason these last few years . i used to read a couple of novels a week , but i don't know why but i just can't seem to get interested in them anymore.

i can still read a bit of non fiction if the mood takes me.  

Yes i've only read, "Of Mice and Men" many years ago ( too many to remember) for O level Eng lit .

I find it very difficult to read fiction and novels for some reason these last few years . i used to read a couple of novels a week , but i don't know why but i just can't seem to get interested in them anymore.

i can still read a bit of non fiction if the mood takes me.

That's a shame; I hope that never happens to me, it's how I unwind.

If you rekindle your interest, try 'East of Eden' - it's probably Steinbeck's most readable novel.