Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Rumours for 06/07 Season

Im wondering. how about matt jansen? hes a bit of a sicknote but when hes fit he can run defences ragged. and hell be available on a free. theres also jay jay okocha, big duncan ferguson or even matty piper making a return

Im wondering. how about matt jansen? hes a bit of a sicknote but when hes fit he can run defences ragged. and hell be available on a free. theres also jay jay okocha, big duncan ferguson or even matty piper making a return

Are you serious :blink: , the seats at the walkers are not gold plated! I doubt our squad wage bill will reach his demands!

Player Profile

England under-21 international Dan arrived in the summer of 2005/06 from Brighton, for a fee later agreed by tribunal that could rise to £850,000, dependent on appearances and future success.

United beat off a host of clubs for his signature, including famously Manchester United and Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers. The left-back wasted no time in agreeing to join Leeds and even cut short a family holiday in Orlando to sign.

He impressed during pre-season and appeared to move ahead of the more experienced Stephen Crainey when he started the season, with the former Celtic man left on the bench. With both players fully fit though, they provide Kevin Blackwell with strong competition at left-back and are certain to enjoy a real tussle for control.

Signed a three year contract at Elland Road, but with Blackwell predicting a big future in the game for the defender - who became a Leeds fan after watching them play against QPR at Elland Road when he was a youngster - a lengthier stay seems certain.

From Leeds website, sounds a good prospect but have we got the money to sign him?

Player Profile

England under-21 international Dan arrived in the summer of 2005/06 from Brighton, for a fee later agreed by tribunal that could rise to £850,000, dependent on appearances and future success.

United beat off a host of clubs for his signature, including famously Manchester United and Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers. The left-back wasted no time in agreeing to join Leeds and even cut short a family holiday in Orlando to sign.

He impressed during pre-season and appeared to move ahead of the more experienced Stephen Crainey when he started the season, with the former Celtic man left on the bench. With both players fully fit though, they provide Kevin Blackwell with strong competition at left-back and are certain to enjoy a real tussle for control.

Signed a three year contract at Elland Road, but with Blackwell predicting a big future in the game for the defender - who became a Leeds fan after watching them play against QPR at Elland Road when he was a youngster - a lengthier stay seems certain.

From Leeds website, sounds a good prospect but have we got the money to sign him?

He has fallen out of favour big time at Leeds but even so i'm sure Leeds would want atleast £500k for him and if we've got that sort of cash then what's all the fuss about us being skint!!! The only possible reason behind this is perhaps Kisnorbo is definately off and Kelly will look to purchase Harding and get McAuley on a free with the cash we get for Paddy.

Cov were also linked with Harding last week.

according to fansfc.com we are intrested in signing him, my mate is a leeds fan and sed he aint a bad player,personally i wouldnt mind signing him as we havent got a natural left back, what does anyone else think

See other thread !

according to fansfc.com we are intrested in signing him, my mate is a leeds fan and sed he aint a bad player,personally i wouldnt mind signing him as we havent got a natural left back, what does anyone else think

The little money we have available needs to be spent on improving the midfield rather than in a position we already have decent cover for with Johansson and Sheehan

The little money we have available needs to be spent on improving the midfield rather than in a position we already have decent cover for with Johansson and Sheehan

I agree about Harding - he would be a good signing, but Leeds will want at least £500k to recoup their spending a few months ago - and we can't/shouldn't pay that on another defender. There are a few decent left backs available for free (see my post re Adam Green, who was at Fulham) and any £500k we have, should be spent on a/a couple of midfield players.

Dan Harding surely would be a decent signing.

When Rob Kelly first came here he was quick to bring in Brevett (leftback) allthough he didn't get much of a look in I think Kelly see's the left-back spot a weekness in our side. Have we got the money for him though?

I can't see Johansson being here next season you know. I'd take whatever fee we could get for him & play Kisnorbo & McCarthy at centre back with Gerrbrand on standby.

Adam Green also looked good last season, not bad & a free transfer.

one signing we missed out on is david thompson. im sure we have been linked with him a few times but since he has come back from injury for wigan he seems a quality player. did anyone see him against arsenal, he took the p***

one signing we missed out on is david thompson. im sure we have been linked with him a few times but since he has come back from injury for wigan he seems a quality player. did anyone see him against arsenal, he took the p***

Wigan have released him, he's available on a free.

I think I heard an interview with Jewell and he said he would've kept Thompson but he's constantly picking up little injuries.

Archived