Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carlo

Song at your Funeral

I'll have my ashes placed in a round container then kicked towards the kop end goal at the KP with Chris Weale between the sticks and where ever he drops the container that'll be where my ashes will be scattered..

Just copy and paste the URL onto your reply.

Cheers!!

[media=]

[/media]

Then this.

A line from the song is 'tomorrow I know I'm just dirt.' This is probably going to sound a bit hippy but I like the idea of becoming part of the planet.

Happy Talk - Captain Sensible (not a dry eye in the house)

or I See A Darkness - Bonnie Prince Billy (again, not a dry eye in the house, but for different reasons)

[media=]

or maybe the new version (which, in my opinion, is genius. THAT'S how you do a cover version! (even if it is your own song.))

Not heard of Bonnie Pince Billy but not a bad song. Macy take a few listens.

angels - robbie williams (yea soft touch) but eh, makes em cry. lol

stop cry your heart out - oasis

and the king....

are you lonesome tonight - elvis

EDIT: haha the missus just told me i evil for that lol

I should like them to play the greatest love song of all time, if not one of the greatest lyrics ever, namely this:

Good song,i live about 5 miles from Chatteris and its the Coventry of the fens,shithole,chavvy and,everyone wants a bare knuckle fight.To be fair it is getting better but im sure you couldnt give a toss either way.

Good song,i live about 5 miles from Chatteris and its the Coventry of the fens,shithole,chavvy and,everyone wants a bare knuckle fight.To be fair it is getting better but im sure you couldnt give a toss either way.

I bet you’re too young to remember the “Fen Tiger” aka Dave boy Green , he was from Chatteris . What a scrapper he was .

I’d like an angelic choir and me singing “ we’re the heaven side, we’re the heaven side ,we’re the heaven side over here.

And then the dearly beloved gathering would reply “we’re the earth side, we’re the earth side, we’re the earth side over here.”

Repeat

I bet you’re too young to remember the “Fen Tiger” aka Dave boy Green , he was from Chatteris . What a scrapper he was .

I’d like an angelic choir and me singing “ we’re the heaven side, we’re the heaven side ,we’re the heaven side over here.

And then the dearly beloved gathering would reply “we’re the earth side, we’re the earth side, we’re the earth side over here.”

Repeat

Yes,he knew my grandad well(.Who has the same name as a black american boxing promoter with odd hair!)DBG"the fen tiger"gave me one of his merchandise T shirts when i was a kid.i never took it off and it was hideous.A face of a tiger on a boxing glove!!!

Anyway DBG is one of my customers and i still wouldn't mess,although i did take the piss out of his dodgy Tshirts,he said he had a loft full of them.

Yes,he knew my grandad well(.Who has the same name as a black american boxing promoter with odd hair!)DBG"the fen tiger"gave me one of his merchandise T shirts when i was a kid.i never took it off and it was hideous.A face of a tiger on a boxing glove!!!

Anyway DBG is one of my customers and i still wouldn't mess,although i did take the piss out of his dodgy Tshirts,he said he had a loft full of them.

:thumbup: cheers for that CF , hope you kept the t shirt

I’ve just watched his epic fight beating the great John H Stracey, and his title fight with Sugar Ray Leonard .

OK has outclassed in that fight , but he was up against one of the all time greats., and no-one can take away the fact that he’s been in the ring with one of the best .

I've got some great memories of him and that era of boxing . Hopefully he’s had a good life since out of the ring,

What has he been doing CF , do you know ?

:thumbup: cheers for that CF , hope you kept the t shirt

I’ve just watched his epic fight beating the great John H Stracey, and his title fight with Sugar Ray Leonard .

OK has outclassed in that fight , but he was up against one of the all time greats., and no-one can take away the fact that he’s been in the ring with one of the best .

I've got some great memories of him and that era of boxing . Hopefully he’s had a good life since out of the ring,

What has he been doing CF , do you know ?

Not got the T shirt anymore and size is amajor problem these days!!!

He was doing loads of point of sale and stationery for Nat West doing well.

Found this on youtube from look East,as you can see you really would not like to upset him.He was my idol and still get a bit starstruck when ive seen him,really nice guy.His son didnt follow in his footsteps he is a hairdresser!Check out our lovely weather girl too.

Thanks CF that’s a really good story , and I’m so pleased he’s looks so good and done so well , as when I asked about him, I was really dreading that he’d gone the way of so many other fighters into that sad decline . :thumbup:

Archived