Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carlo

Song at your Funeral

Bryan Adams and Mel c

Bay when you're gone :w00t:

32113[/snapback]

Well, you're right; everyone will be crying at that one.....

32193[/snapback]

Never walk alone and Somewhere over the rainbow

32200[/snapback]

Imagine -John Lennon and Brothers In Arms Dire Straits.

• 7 years later...

This is oddly close to me. My Dad died from a heart attack in the middle of the night when I was 13. I was young and naive at the time and although I dealt with it, I'm not sure I grieved as such, I just got on with things.

Anyway, on my 21st birthday though, I had a moment with my mum. My friends had passed out, I'd had a wicked time and I danced with my mum to Bruce Springsteen in the garden. I'd been to see him in Hyde Park the previous summer and I use the word rarely but it was epic. Such presence for someone almost 60 years old. Phenomenal. Anyway, this was the most music had ever touched me. I'd play Born To Run at my funeral. Incredible song from an outstanding performer.

I have already posted mine Imagine John Lennon Not exactly my favourite but it sums up my view on the world.

Songs that may not be allowed but I'd like because of my weird sense of humor

Heaven can Wait Meatloaf

Who wants To Live Forever Queen

Road to Hell Chris Reare (sp)

I am sure there are others but if I go early some songs may upset remaining family such as Fire by Arthur Brown. As long as I get Imagine and Brothers in Arms and a non-religious themed service I won't care. I won't know either.

Happy Talk - Captain Sensible (not a dry eye in the house)

or I See A Darkness - Bonnie Prince Billy (again, not a dry eye in the house, but for different reasons)

or maybe the new version (which, in my opinion, is genius. THAT'S how you do a cover version! (even if it is your own song.))

Archived