Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Muzzy Izzet

on a 1 year deal to start with it may be worth a go, his injuries will have taken a massive tole on his ftness and ability, but if he can get fit, he could be the man to help along the likes of weso, hughes and williams

Part of me would love to see him back but another part of me thinks that if he has a nightmare season for us, it would take away some of the great memories..... Theres no doubt that his set piece skills would prove to be a huge asset to us but as someone mentioned, his fitness is lousy and we cant afford to have another Lee Morris on our hands, even if he is a legend!

Pay as you play if we bring him back - we can't afford to be sentimental.

Yes he could still do a job - but is he really fit enough? Or is he going to turn into Lee Morris Mk II once we sign him up? That's one scenario we truly cannot afford!

Guest Gist

Part of me would love to see him back but another part of me thinks that if he has a nightmare season for us, it would take away some of the great memories..... Theres no doubt that his set piece skills would prove to be a huge asset to us but as someone mentioned, his fitness is lousy and we cant afford to have another Lee Morris on our hands, even if he is a legend!

This is a problem, if he was to come back and did'nt perform like he used to because of his fitness or whatever, people will probably start thinking about him being a waste of space and will ruin the good memories we have of him.

does anyone think he regrets leaving us

This isn't sour grapes, I loved Muzzy he is a City legend and I wanted to see him succeed in the Prem again, However as far as i'm concerned his career ended when he left Leicester. (Due to injury and not being played)

If he'd agree to a pay as you play deal, then yes. Otherwise it's a no. Can't afford to have him round if he's constantly injured, the money would be better used else where.

This is a problem, if he was to come back and did'nt perform like he used to because of his fitness or whatever, people will probably start thinking about him being a waste of space and will ruin the good memories we have of him.

Spot on.

I think it'd be a big mistake to get him back.

As previously said too, it's rumoured that he's considering retirement because of his bad knee.

My heart says bring him back now. My head says...bring him back now! :cry: I mean... Pay as you play deal or a low basic way with add ons for appearances and goals etc. It's a hard area to comment on as we don't know how bad his injuries have been and if he wants to retire or if he thinks he still has a few more years left in him (he has had a few dodgy years, but players have come back from that before)... also depends on what he thinks about us, he may still want to try his hand at a higher level and go for pay as you play at Bolton or something, he may think the Championship is too much for him and go for a lower league club... he may not want to come back and change our memories of him, or he may decide that our club is the one closest to his heart and that he wants to play for just us or no-one else.... :blush: *wakes up* If it is true that he's getting a severance package with Birmingham then they must think he's not up to the Championship anymore... or they're just lightening the wage bill.. maybe he fancies getting some coaching badges... :unsure:

If he wants to come back and is happy with a pay as you play deal or something then get him in.

I'm sure Liverpool fans were sceptical about getting Robbie Fowler back but he's done well, and at the end of the day a fit Muzzy Izzet is too good for this league.

I don't believe this rumour but I have heard from someone with corporate interests and a good relationship with Tim Davies, that Muzzy Izzet will sign a deal in the summer at the club.

I would like to add that this rumour is not associated with myself what so ever, I don;t believe it myself, but is is just what I have heard ans I am passing on the information.

This story that has broken just further adds jest to this potential comeback, I want it to happen, but can't see it happening.

I don't believe this rumour but I have heard from someone with corporate interests and a good relationship with Tim Davies, that Muzzy Izzet will sign a deal in the summer at the club.

I would like to add that this rumour is not associated with myself what so ever, I don;t believe it myself, but is is just what I have heard ans I am passing on the information.

This story that has broken just further adds jest to this potential comeback, I want it to happen, but can't see it happening.

Sounds good to me! Come on, if you were Tim Davies and you had such a great opportunity to win the fans support you'd sign him. I bloody would anyway! He's always pandered to the fans somewhat, replying to emails and so on. I don't think he'll be able to resist it.

Sounds good to me! Come on, if you were Tim Davies and you had such a great opportunity to win the fans support you'd sign him. I bloody would anyway! He's always pandered to the fans somewhat, replying to emails and so on. I don't think he'll be able to resist it.

Shame it isn't Tim's choice then. If the rumours about Kelly not wanting Piper are true, then I doubt he'd want Muzzy, for similar reasons...

we need a new midfielder even if joey had stayed, muz back (as long as he would be able to play as muz could) would be beyond great, but i just cant see him being the same player, not for a good few months, though he would be great alongside wesolowski or even williams

I think Muzzy would come back a comletely different type of player, he'd still be great but i think that he obviously won't be flying round the pitch winning us the games we would normally draw like he used to

Archived