Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Muzzy Izzet

Email to and from TD...

----- Original Message -----

To: Steve Wilson

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:28 PM

Subject: RE: Muzzy Izzet released by Birmingham?

Not yet understand he has a serious knee injury ....

Kind regards

Tim

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 08 May 2006 16:27

To: Tim Davies

Subject: Muzzy Izzet released by Birmingham?

The fans would love to see him back and think what he'd do for season ticket sales...

Email to and from TD...

----- Original Message -----

To: Steve Wilson

Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:28 PM

Subject: RE: Muzzy Izzet released by Birmingham?

Not yet understand he has a serious knee injury ....

Kind regards

Tim

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 08 May 2006 16:27

To: Tim Davies

Subject: Muzzy Izzet released by Birmingham?

The fans would love to see him back and think what he'd do for season ticket sales...

Does Tim's reply make sense to anyone? Bless him :P

what do you think about heskey and the season he has had this year ?? , what is it 5 goals. i think he would play better in the championship as of the age he is.

He will command a million pound transfer fee, we cannot afford him.

Somebody tell me that it's not just me :huh:

It's not just you !

I seriously think he's a bit of a 'wind-up merchant' - teaches English Grammar at Cambridge and has an IQ of 150 (not to mention his close links with the City Board, the PFA and the FA) !

On the Gudjonsson issue...

How much was he being paid?

How much have AZ offered him?

Would he really have stayed and played Championship football as opposed to Champions League football, even if he did spend some time there on the bench?

We didn't have a chance once AZ came sniffing because of the money involved, Joey's ambition to play at the top level and the fact that whenever given a chance to move in the past he has taken it.

I don't think the club can be criticised over losing a player who undoubtedly had quality but often failed to show it. He was decent enough for us and he could certainly strike a good ball but then again he was often wasteful in possession and gave away far too many unnecessary fouls. Would you really have been satisfied to see us spend what little money we do have competing in terms of offered salary with a side playing Champions League football next season?

The club is run badly and sometimes the things you hear really do defy belief, but I believe that in this case, Joey leaving is probably a good move for him and I don't think there was too much more the club could have done.

Not that it really matters, but AZ won't play in the CL next season anyway. Ajax won the inaugural 4-way playoff for the second Champions League spot...

Going back to the original question.

Muzzy was always my favourite player at the club after the Legend Steve Walsh. In my eyes Im still waiting for the next guy to step up the plate and show real passion adn determination to play for our club. I hope someone out of our current crop of prospects wants to take it on.

With the departure of Joey, there is a place for a decent centre midfielder. I just think that Muzzy would be best staying away with his reputation in tact.

It would be chance that could pay off but with the finances limited next season I couldnt see RK taking that gamble should he become available.

Muzzy will remain an icon for fans my age adn the football he gave the club during the O'Neill and Adams era but I think its best we dont pursue him and developing or looking for the next Muzzy Izzet. They are out there!

Somebody tell me that it's not just me :huh:

It's not just you mate, This Gezzer has managed to take up 8 out of the 10 spots availbe in the Foxestalk hall of shame. With his first 8 posts.

" ask no questions tell no lies " being the highlight.

It's not just you mate, This Gezzer has managed to take up 8 out of the 10 spots availbe in the Foxestalk hall of shame. With his first 8 posts.

I always thought it was:

"Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

or when I was a little whippersnapper we used to sing this to the Patrolling Policemen*. "Ask no questions, tell no lies ever seen a copper doing up his flies".

*What's a Patrolling Policeman, you might ask, a distant memory I would answer :P;)

Nah this ones the best!

and in english that would mean ???

He can talk english?

:rolleyes::huh::blink::unsure::thumbup:

yes well other parts of the country have diffrent way of putting things, so dont judge me

Are you not from Leicestershire then? if not why are you a city fan?

Maybe we're getting our own Man U type glory hunters fan base!!

Are you not from Leicestershire then? if not why are you a city fan?

Maybe we're getting our own Man U type glory hunters fan base!!

Don't be so snotty, Davie G isn't from Leicestershire yet has been supporting them 50 odd years. What's with the exclusivity?

Manwell stop being a douche bag!!

WHAT!?

Im Interested why he suppourts Leicester if he's not from the county!! I can't think of any reason why you would suppourt Leicester if you weren't orginally from or bought up in Leicester (or shire, or fooking Kettering which someone will come out with no doubt) :rolleyes:

WHAT!?

Im Interested why he suppourts Leicester if he's not from the county!! I can't think of any reason why you would suppourt Leicester if you weren't orginally from or bought up in Leicester :rolleyes:

I'm not from Leicester, never lived in Leicestershire but I have been a season ticket holder for 13 years.

What's your point Pablo? Or are you just blinded by your own ignorance?

Archived