Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Muzzy Izzet

Shame it isn't Tim's choice then. If the rumours about Kelly not wanting Piper are true, then I doubt he'd want Muzzy, for similar reasons...

I'm assuming Kelly would want a player of Muzzy quality if the deal was right. Obviously if not no deal.

Shame it isn't Tim's choice then. If the rumours about Kelly not wanting Piper are true, then I doubt he'd want Muzzy, for similar reasons...

To be honest Kelly also seems to be a "fan's man" Which was shown when he released De-Vries and stopped playing Hammil.

The circumstances just seem ideal for Muzzy to make a return, he could even play as a defensive midfielder allowing Williams/Wesalowski to go forward. He would also make us a threat at set pieces again. Just sign him up for gods sake.

We want out muzzy back, we want out muzzy back :P

Also the situation at Birmingham could be similar to that of Fowler at Man City.

Muzzy's club is Leicester, Fowlers is Liverpool, therefore no matter how proffesional Izzet is, naturally he would try that bit harder to get himself in tip top shape at City. I;ve also seen muzzy at various city games.

Nothing can take the memories of Muzzy away, even if he comes back and plays badly....we still know he is a great player and nothing will change that.

Bring him back.

Exactly my point of view.

Muzzy will always be my favourite Leicester player regardless of what he does in the future , unless he turns into a Wise and sues us for summet :whistle:

Long live Mustafa!

I read in the Daily Mail he is retiering??

I know the standard of reporting in the Daily Mail has for a long time been reactionary, anti-everything, cringeworthy rubbish but I had no idea that their spelling had deteriorated to such a degree.

I know the standard of reporting in the Daily Mail has for a long time been reactionary, anti-everything, cringeworthy rubbish but I had no idea that their spelling had deteriorated to such a degree.

lolol u can speel, wel dun lololol u win da internet.

Izzet is leaving birmingham wether or not he retires or goes to a club I have no idea.

If the option is there and the wages are realistic I would take a gamble on him, because we know he will want to do well here and have the heart for it.

If fit he should be a class above the average player in this division and greatly help our attacking set peice plays. Obviously he wont do so much running but we have a younger squad now to do that for him.

I'd love to be 17 again.

Oh yes and is there any chance of getting Davie Gibson while we're at it?

On the one hand people seem to back the new strategy of buying "young and hungry" yet on the other hand seem to constantly want every old hero we can find back in the fold.

Even ignoring the fact that Muzzy, having been perpetually injured at Brum, can hardly be expected to suddenly enjoy a miraculous restoration to full fitness and first class working order (Lee Morris was never so touched or is that not warning enough) how would his arrival fit with the strategy? It wouldn't

What are we going for? Eleven young players, unless there's 11 veterans we fancy instead?

Buy and pick people who are and are seen to be young and playing well.

It's no different to buying centre-forwards with potential who have no track record. It mostly doesn't work. Even the youngest strikers should have scored at whatever level they've reached and the first essential in buying one is to look at his record.

Muzzy's record right now is "hardly ever plays".

Let is go for Heaven's sake. Live for the future not the past..

This is a problem, if he was to come back and did'nt perform like he used to because of his fitness or whatever, people will probably start thinking about him being a waste of space and will ruin the good memories we have of him.

I actually voice this particular concern in another thread. I adored Muzzy when he was here but with his injuries hes not going to be the player he once was and it would be a big disappointment.

Love you though Muz, I want to remember the magic memories I have of the lad.

I'd love to be 17 again.

On the one hand people seem to back the new strategy of buying "young and hungry" yet on the other hand seem to constantly want every old hero we can find back in the fold.

Even ignoring the fact that Muzzy, having been perpetually injured at Brum, can hardly be expected to suddenly enjoy a miraculous restoration to full fitness and first class working order (Lee Morris was never so touched or is that not warning enough) how would his arrival fit with the strategy? It wouldn't

What are we going for? Eleven young players, unless there's 11 veterans we fancy instead?

It's no different to buying centre-forwards with potential who have no track record. It mostly doesn't work. Even the youngest strikers should have scored at whatever level they've reached and the first essential in buying one is to look at his record.

Like it or not, we are going to be bringing in some 'experienced players', Kelly's comments suggest this, I'd rather have Muzzy than Brevett. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the same player, or to play every game, but most would love to see him back on a pay-as-you-play deal. As he seems to be being released from Brum rather than retiring, he clearly thinks he still has a few more years left in him.

Love you though Muz, I want to remember the magic memories I have of the lad.

Dont think Cobbo will be to pleased with you revealing that!

:o

I'd love to be 17 again.

Would you be happy with a team with no players over the age of 24, even if their were players in their 30's of better quality wanting to play for us?

Archived