Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Muzzy Izzet

Joey quotes published by the OS today:

The Icelander signed a pre-contract agreement in January to join the Dutch side on a four-year deal but revealed he was tempted to remain at the Walkers Stadium.

Gudjonsson said: "I'm leaving with mixed emotions, but the decision has been made.

"I was close to staying but the decision was made before Leicester came to me. I would've liked to have stayed, but I had to make a choice for myself and my family.

"From a personal point of view, my time here has been good - I've enjoyed my experiences, I've felt at home here and I've improved as a player."

"The decision was made before Leicester came to me....."

I appreciate all of the above mate and don't get me wrong, it's nothing personal... I just don't see what Leicester could have done to keep him?

You correctly identify that he was approached by AZ before Leicester approached him about a new contract, but that's not to say that the outcome would have been any different. If we couldn't afford to keep hold of him, it's irrelevant who approached him or when the approach came, we have to make our decisions based on the money we have and the players we want to keep. If in RK's mind we couldn't afford to keep him on or that it wouldn't have been worthwhile for the chunk of our budget it would have taken, then the club have done the right thing in letting him go.

I appreciate all of the above mate and don't get me wrong, it's nothing personal... I just don't see what Leicester could have done to keep him?

You correctly identify that he was approached by AZ before Leicester approached him about a new contract, but that's not to say that the outcome would have been any different. If we couldn't afford to keep hold of him, it's irrelevant who approached him or when the approach came, we have to make our decisions based on the money we have and the players we want to keep. If in RK's mind we couldn't afford to keep him on or that it wouldn't have been worthwhile for the chunk of our budget it would have taken, then the club have done the right thing in letting him go.

All you say may be right but I think we dragged our feet on the issue (because we were sidetracked by the Levein situation) and therefore lost a good player we might have kept.

Totally off topic, Ricey that cricket game looks good! Have you played cricket captain 2005? thats a really good cricket management game aswell and i wondered if that cricket coach is better than cricket captain... :cool:

Totally off topic, Ricey that cricket game looks good! Have you played cricket captain 2005? thats a really good cricket management game aswell and i wondered if that cricket coach is better than cricket captain... :cool:

IMO yes as it has many many more features and greater depth, but I'm slightly biased ;)

You can download it here (you get 2 days free trial), or look out for the retail version named Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach in shops such as Woolworths and Tesco.

This is the BumminghamTitty clearout list. No mention of Muz.

Jarosik

Butt

Vaesan

Clapham

Lazaridis

Sutton

Cunningham

Melchiot

all of those are out of contract thus cost nothing to release

People remember guppy for what he used to be - the best english left winger in the last 10 years - not what he was when he came back for a few games.

same wiv muz. if we can afford him, a years contract. rather have him than williams anyday!!! :D

he would improve youngsters such as weso as well. the guys a class act. he might not have the same energy, but hed still have the touch, control and creativity to carve open defences. am I right in sayin that in the MA year when we got promoted, we didnt win a game without muz - i clearly remember stoke 0-0 no invention whatsoever! we looked a different team when he was in it! even if he makes a little a difference on the field, he brings a bit of midfield leadership, which we miss, and the set pieces will always be good for stearman, paddy mac etc to cash in on.

no prem club will gamble on him - maybe a new club i.e. shef u, but other than, hed want to come to the club he loves.hes a West Ham fan, but they are not interested in an aging midfielder whos done nothing for a few years. money is everything though - if hes after anywhere near 30grand a week then hes dreaming. would anyone else gamle at 10grand week?for a year?

Form is temporary...class is permanent

i was watching sky sports news yesterday morning and it gave the list of birmingham players to be released and it said they were also in talks with muzzy about being released, it then went on to show you a video of muzzy getting injured whilst playing for brum.

there are talks that rob kelly wants to get muzzy izzet back to leicster city as the departure of joey the bord has said there is not enought money but rob is insisting that the club gets izzet back

and where have you got that little pearl of wisdom from. Rob Kellys cat?

there are talks so he cant get him but he wants him so maby loaning him might work ????

??? again in English please.

If he doesn't get his contract at Birmingham cancelled without retiring there is no way we can afford him, if he retires he can't play for at least 3 years. I can't see Muzzy giving up the wages he is on at Birmingham without a fight (would you?).

there are talks so he cant get him but he wants him so maby loaning him might work ????

What sort of English are they teaching in schools today ? What does the quoted sentence mean ? Am I right, in interpreting it as, "RK has had talks with Muzzy, they have not gone well (RK has not been able to negotiate a deal with Muzzy/Birmingham) and might now be considering a loan move" ?! Where does 'timmis-lcfc' get this information from anyway (as others have already asked) ?

Time to get real people, he aint coming back. It's nice to dream but we really need to get over this whole Lennon, Muzzy, O'Neil obsession.
Although I did hear that Ormondroyd is considering coming out of retirement.

Archived