Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casabian

Muzzy Izzet

Like it or not, we are going to be bringing in some 'experienced players', Kelly's comments suggest this, I'd rather have Muzzy than Brevett. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the same player, or to play every game, but most would love to see him back on a pay-as-you-play deal. As he seems to be being released from Brum rather than retiring, he clearly thinks he still has a few more years left in him.

Exactly, It's not as if he would be offered a five year deal. I can't see the problem in taking Muzzy on and I really expect it to happen if he suprises me by not hanging up his boots. He's knee hasn't had the best of times recently and if Muzzy thinks its had it then he should retire.

If he feels he can carry on though that is a differnt matter, he has more then enough quality still in him to play at this level and we need a creative midfielder, and Izzet would still be one of the best in this division, some people on here are talking like his 36.... he's 31 :rolleyes:. He knows the city and has a rapour with the fans, and he loves the club, a quality player on a free..... I struggle to think of a better signing to be quite honest.

Thats thinking with the head not the heart.

Tharcian I would like to ask you to stop continuely going on about this "young and hungry" strategy. The only place it exists is in your head. A blend of youth and experince is the key to any succesfull side.

Although I would like to congratualte you on finnally posting without mentioning Danny Tiatto's name.

he is hardly likely to move to london if there is interest from us, besides which i doubt most london prem clubs would be willing to sign him after his injuries

What are you on?

Just because there is "interest" from us it doesn't mean that he'll sign for us, he left us for a reason you know. Add the fact that he is a Londoner, that seems a pretty good shout, i can see him going to Charlton or West Ham.

I would love to see him back here though :wub:

Would you be happy with a team with no players over the age of 24, even if their were players in their 30's of better quality wanting to play for us?

I would certainly sanction a team under 24 but don't try to suggest I'm against anyone over that age. It is criminal we just sat back and allowed Gudjonsson to disappear.

But, generally, where are these marvellous over 24's we can afford to sign who, while being outstanding, are fit enough and able enough to leave what they are doing and who desperately want to give their all for Leicester?

Louise is right. Kelly will dilute the policy of "young and hungry". Me I'd stick with it. I've never been easy with compromise. Muzzy's an expensive, unnecessary risk and not one that is likely to work out.

he is hardly likely to move to london if there is interest from us, besides which i doubt most london prem clubs would be willing to sign him after his injuries

I don't think any interest we have in him (if any) will sway his decision, it will be purely monetary, his agent will make sure of that!

I'd love to be 17 again.

Oh yes and is there any chance of getting Davie Gibson while we're at it?

On the one hand people seem to back the new strategy of buying "young and hungry" yet on the other hand seem to constantly want every old hero we can find back in the fold.

Even ignoring the fact that Muzzy, having been perpetually injured at Brum, can hardly be expected to suddenly enjoy a miraculous restoration to full fitness and first class working order (Lee Morris was never so touched or is that not warning enough) how would his arrival fit with the strategy? It wouldn't

What are we going for? Eleven young players, unless there's 11 veterans we fancy instead?

Buy and pick people who are and are seen to be young and playing well.

It's no different to buying centre-forwards with potential who have no track record. It mostly doesn't work. Even the youngest strikers should have scored at whatever level they've reached and the first essential in buying one is to look at his record.

Muzzy's record right now is "hardly ever plays".

Let is go for Heaven's sake. Live for the future not the past..

Carlsberg don't do re-unions but if they did they'd do one for Leicester and Muzzy Izzet.

**** it, it's a gamble worth taking.

Bring the god home.

Also, if this club is serious about getting some more season tickets sold then this is a serious opportunity to do so if a) Izzet isn't permanently crippled and b) we could afford to put a package together worth his while.

If he cost us half a million in wages for a season, he could well raise that himself in increased revenue. I'm sure it would have an effect. The man is a living legend at Leicester, I know he's had injury problems but let's not make him out to be a Lee Morris. He's still played 30 games in 2 season, which isn't alot by any stretch but Morris made 10 in 2 and a half seasons and had an awful injury record before he came here.

If Izzet and our medical staff are confident he can still play professional football then there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't move heaven and earth to bring him home.

Your talking about needing a replacement for Gudjonsson. Muzzy Izzet is a championship clubs dream, he's class. Can he tackle? YES, Can he pass? YES!!!, Can he score? YES!!! Is he a leader?? YES, Is he a folk hero? YES.

Muzzy Izzet and James Wesolowski. There's some things money can't buy, for other things there's Mastercard.

It is criminal we just sat back and allowed Gudjonsson to disappear.
Joey himself has cited a number of reasons why he chose to move to the Netherlands. I don't think there's anything the club could have said and done to change his mind.

Joey himself has cited a number of reasons why he chose to move to the Netherlands. I don't think there's anything the club could have said and done to change his mind.

They didn't even offer him a contract did they?

Bringing Muzzy back would be a risk, but because we have no money any signing we make in the summer will be a risk as they will either be unproven or 'past-it'.

I don't think this will happen, but god I'd love it :D

Also, if this club is serious about getting some more season tickets sold then this is a serious opportunity to do so if a) Izzet isn't permanently crippled and b) we could afford to put a package together worth his while.

If he cost us half a million in wages for a season, he could well raise that himself in increased revenue. I'm sure it would have an effect. The man is a living legend at Leicester, I know he's had injury problems but let's not make him out to be a Lee Morris. He's still played 30 games in 2 season, which isn't alot by any stretch but Morris made 10 in 2 and a half seasons and had an awful injury record before he came here.

If Izzet and our medical staff are confident he can still play professional football then there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't move heaven and earth to bring him home.

Your talking about needing a replacement for Gudjonsson. Muzzy Izzet is a championship clubs dream, he's class. Can he tackle? YES, Can he pass? YES!!!, Can he score? YES!!! Is he a leader?? YES, Is he a folk hero? YES.

Muzzy Izzet and James Wesolowski. There's some things money can't buy, for other things there's Mastercard.

Thats the best excuse for bringing him back so far :thumbup:

I would certainly sanction a team under 24 but don't try to suggest I'm against anyone over that age. It is criminal we just sat back and allowed Gudjonsson to disappear.

But, generally, where are these marvellous over 24's we can afford to sign who, while being outstanding, are fit enough and able enough to leave what they are doing and who desperately want to give their all for Leicester?

Louise is right. Kelly will dilute the policy of "young and hungry". Me I'd stick with it. I've never been easy with compromise. Muzzy's an expensive, unnecessary risk and not one that is likely to work out.

On the Gudjonsson issue...

How much was he being paid?

How much have AZ offered him?

Would he really have stayed and played Championship football as opposed to Champions League football, even if he did spend some time there on the bench?

We didn't have a chance once AZ came sniffing because of the money involved, Joey's ambition to play at the top level and the fact that whenever given a chance to move in the past he has taken it.

I don't think the club can be criticised over losing a player who undoubtedly had quality but often failed to show it. He was decent enough for us and he could certainly strike a good ball but then again he was often wasteful in possession and gave away far too many unnecessary fouls. Would you really have been satisfied to see us spend what little money we do have competing in terms of offered salary with a side playing Champions League football next season?

The club is run badly and sometimes the things you hear really do defy belief, but I believe that in this case, Joey leaving is probably a good move for him and I don't think there was too much more the club could have done.

There are family reasons for him leaving as well, from what I understand, not just the football.

very good point, izzet would be a high profile signing which usually puts bums on seats.

id love it if the living legend muzzy walked out in a city shirt again

made me laugh after his last game when he said to us your great fans, and you not me clapped him back. then he jumped into his £20,000 car and left us to deal with the championship.

so it wont surprise me if he does the same at brum.

and for heavens sake, no one get the idea that he might come back, hes not interested in clubs like leicester.

made me laugh after his last game when he said to us your great fans, and you not me clapped him back. then he jumped into his £20,000 car and left us to deal with the championship.

so it wont surprise me if he does the same at brum.

and for heavens sake, no one get the idea that he might come back, hes not interested in clubs like leicester.

£20,000 Car? Muzzy? I'm sure he can do better than that! Maybe it was his Mum's... :P

Inspiring stuff Ric and I hope it comes to pass as you've outlined both for you and his other disciples. Sadly, as far as I know, Jesus has never come back and neither will Muzzy - not as anything like the player he was.

Inspiring stuff Ric and I hope it comes to pass as you've outlined both for you and his other disciples. Sadly, as far as I know, Jesus has never come back and neither will Muzzy - not as anything like the player he was.

Muzzy is Jesus! :rolleyes:

On the Gudjonsson issue...

How much was he being paid?

How much have AZ offered him?

Would he really have stayed and played Championship football as opposed to Champions League football, even if he did spend some time there on the bench?

We didn't have a chance once AZ came sniffing because of the money involved, Joey's ambition to play at the top level and the fact that whenever given a chance to move in the past he has taken it.

I don't think the club can be criticised over losing a player who undoubtedly had quality but often failed to show it. He was decent enough for us and he could certainly strike a good ball but then again he was often wasteful in possession and gave away far too many unnecessary fouls. Would you really have been satisfied to see us spend what little money we do have competing in terms of offered salary with a side playing Champions League football next season?

The club is run badly and sometimes the things you hear really do defy belief, but I believe that in this case, Joey leaving is probably a good move for him and I don't think there was too much more the club could

have done.

Joey quotes published by the OS today:

The Icelander signed a pre-contract agreement in January to join the Dutch side on a four-year deal but revealed he was tempted to remain at the Walkers Stadium.

Gudjonsson said: "I'm leaving with mixed emotions, but the decision has been made.

"I was close to staying but the decision was made before Leicester came to me. I would've liked to have stayed, but I had to make a choice for myself and my family.

"From a personal point of view, my time here has been good - I've enjoyed my experiences, I've felt at home here and I've improved as a player."

"The decision was made before Leicester came to me....."

They should have offered him a new contract before Jan imo

True, but if he wanted to stay he would have come to the club and asked what was on offer. To sign a contract with someone else before discussing a new contract with your current club means you want to leave regardless. The club were busy deciding whether to sack Levein or not. Much more important in the short term IMO.

Archived