Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

What would be an acceptable finish next season?

What would be an acceptable finish next season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would be an acceptable finish next season?

• Automatic Promotion
    • Playoffs
    • Just outside (7th - 9th)
    • Top half (10th - 12th)
    • Top of bottom half (13th - 15th)
    • Another struggle (16th - 18th)
    • Just avoiding relegation (19th - 21st)

Right I asked the same question this time last year and I think the answer was mixed between top-half and playoffs. Last season I just went for improvement on our current position and was still left disappointed. This season I'm gonna be a bit more optimistic based on our end of season form and say top half.

P.S. I missed off relegation because I don't think anyone would deem this an acceptable finish.

Right I asked the same question this time last year and I think the answer was mixed between top-half and playoffs. Last season I just went for improvement on our current position and was still left disappointed. This season I'm gonna be a bit more optimistic based on our end of season form and say top half.

P.S. I missed of relegation because I don't think anyone would deem this an acceptable finish.

I think top half to just outside the playoffs would be a very acceptable place.

But i really hope that we can push for play-off promotion next year! :thumbup:

There's no point starting a new season with anything other than first position as your goal. Realistic or not that's what LCFC should always strive for.

I remember Micky Adams saying we would finish top two when we came back down but look what happened we're still in this division two years on. Just getting out of this division either top two or play offs is what every manager should be striving for in this divison.

We were a couple of points off a top half finish this season, after a relegation fight, so no way will that be acceptable. Rob Kelly has a great spine of young players to build the team around this summer, but he's never signed a player before. :rolleyes: A playoff position should be the target, otherwise he's failed. I could settle for a 7th-9th finish as long as we're playing well, but if this is the case we're just going to lose all our young stars, then we'll be in this division for many years ahead.

6th place is the minimum acceptable finish. We really have to stop pissing about in this league and get our act together.

Hear, hear. :D:D;):thumbup:

We really have to be looking at 10th and above. There is no reason why we shouldn't be finishing above that, given the way we performed towards the end of last season. Of course we'll need to strengthen in a few areas (Which has been well documented on here) but we have enough talented players at our disposal to make us a competitive side in this division. One advantage we'll have over a number of teams is that we should have a settled team in place, which hasn't been the case over the past 3/4 seasons.

Saying that, I feel the play-offs are beyond us.

I don't see the point in being a fan unless you can indulge yourself in blind optimism at the outset of the season. I mean, aside from supporting Barnstoneworth United surely EVERY fan in the country hopes for sucess and glory...is there any point in being anything else?

"The shorts aren't important, it's what's in 'em that counts"

I'd like to finish in a promotion-enabling position, automatic or play-offs - but I'd be pleased with top-half - mainly because it'd make a nice change from messing around with the likes of Rotherham and Millwall at the bottom of the league.

With a great front pairing and a solid central defensive pairing that hopefully will stay Injury and suspension free we should be looking at the top half of the league. But having said that things could all change over the summer if we were to lose a couple of our most valuable assets.

Archived