Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Elvis Hammond

It amaze's me when he's referred to as a striker, ok he's knocked a couple in lately but in the last 5 years you can his goals on one hand.

Saying that I'm gonna look at him this season as a new striker and give him the benefit of the doubt, this is his first proper club and last season was a bit unsettled so get behind him I say.

Apparently, in the mercury, it says the Hammond O'Grady partndership is rivaling the Hume Fryatt one :huh:

Apparently i'm the queen.

Hume and Fryatt will be definetly starting against Luton bar any type of injury, it's just good to know that if these two do unfortunatly suffer an injury, we have two back-up strikers to come in who are playing pretty well.

Apparently i'm the queen.

Hume and Fryatt will be definetly starting against Luton bar any type of injury , it's just good to know that if these two do unfortunatly suffer an injury, we have two back-up strikers to come in who are playing pretty well.

Do you have inside information :blink: Nothing is a forgone conclusion

I don't think who he scores against matters. He didn't have a scoring record worth mentioning at Fulham - either at first team or reserve level.

That he has started scoring now may suggest that Kelly has had some effect on the coaching field and that Hammond has followed O'Grady and put significan effort into improving his game.

If so I'll be delighted because, unlike Sylla, he has often threatened to be dangerous and if he can finish clinically then he will be more than good enough for our first team.

I like both Hume and Fryatt but I don't subscribe to the view that either are any better than good. O'Grady and Hammond would be the same - and Ashley Chambers perhaps better than all four when he finally emerges.

What it means for Leicester City is that there is healthy competition for places and the problem for Kelly will be deciding who gets the nod and on what basis, and then keeping the other equally deserving players happy.

It appears he will have the same problem with people like Porter and Sheehan but so far, Kelly seems genuinely determined to keep all his squad members actively involved which ought to auger well.

He scored 15 goals in one season for Fulham reserves.

He scored 15 goals in one season for Fulham reserves.

Elvis was top scorer in the reserve league one season wasnt he? Hence when he got his call up from Chris Coleman to play against Chelsea on his debut I think.

Hammond always looks the kind of player who might sneak you a goal or two but lacks the composure in front of goal. On the wing he's impressed a lot for me, tracks back, good work rate and beats his man often, that could be an option for next season.

I read that, but regardless of how thw two partnerships do in pre-season, he will still start Hume and Fryatt after the way they ended the last.

Indeed. Suggesting otherwise is just media hype.

His goal at stoke proved that he can finish when he takes his time, that was a brilliant goal.

That goal was well taken but he was hardly under pressure. One of the Stoke defenders, can't remember which one, slipped over and it left Elvis one-on-one with Simonsen. Still had to put it away but I think he would've fluffed his lines if that Stoke defender hadn't have slipped and had been able to put him under pressure. I doubt there will be an abundance of opportunities where Hammond is under so little pressure in the Championship this season.

His goal at stoke proved that he can finish when he takes his time, that was a brilliant goal.

Over the years we have seen too many strikers who can't produce the goods. Elvis is one of these, I'm afraid. He tries hard but he will never be successful at this level with LCFC. I would only expect to see him make cameo appearances this season unless injuries are a major problem.

Over the years we have seen too many strikers who can't produce the goods. Elvis is one of these, I'm afraid. He tries hard but he will never be successful at this level with LCFC. I would only expect to see him make cameo appearances this season unless injuries are a major problem.

The guys goal scoring has never been great at this level....I can't see things improving for him!!! :rolleyes:

Am I he only one left with genuine faith in the guy.

Question, Who would you rather mark? Hammond or Maybury?

At the moment I believe he is one of our best 11 or 12 footballers and if it were up to me I would find a way of fitting our best players into the team.

If something didn't work I might adjust it or think again but I would rather have players that make things happen than players who don't and we have too many of the latter.

At the moment I believe he is one of our best 11 or 12 footballers and if it were up to me I would find a way of fitting our best players into the team.

If something didn't work I might adjust it or think again but I would rather have players that make things happen than players who don't and we have too many of the latter.

Personally, I think he has proven himself useful in the pre-season friendlies.

Granted League Two opposition isn't what we face week-in-week-out, but he and O'Grady seem to have a decent understanding between them, and that's useful to the team. Between them they could be pushing a serious claim for starting positions.

I think he could be a useful squad player at least.

One goal, one assist tonight so far for the lad. Maybe that's where another few of our 70 goals might come from!.

Someone must have worked on his shooting. Unlike others I might mention but won't, Hammond always had decent technique but the wrong mental attitude to finishing things off.

I cannot imagine it is coincidence that he has suddenly started scoring/creating - it has gone on for several matches now, and the important thing is for everyone to help him try to maintain his confidence when the season starts. :thumbup:

No you are not, I have had faith in him throughout his time here, even more so now.

Nice to know.

I wasn't sure about him until I saw his reaction to falling out of favour and into the Reserves.

He was never less than 100% and I thought to myself. His particular flaws can be sorted but there's a bloke who reaslly loves his football. A sort of E-type O'Grady really!!! :):):)

Archived