Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Hinckley Thread

Leicester: Conrad Logan, Joe Magunda, Patrick Kisnorbo, Patric Gerrbrand, Alan Sheehan, Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Tom Tejan-Sie, Levi Porter, Chris O'Grady, Louis Dodds.

Subs: Scott Lycett, Carl Pentley, Max Gradel, Eric Odihambo, Billy McKay, Ryan Beswick.

So much for a strong lineup as RK had said...

Wonder which one is playing central midfield though, Sylla or J. Low?

That's not a strong line up to play Hinkley then? :unsure:

Porter has played in central midfield before.

Leicester: Conrad Logan, Joe Magunda, Patrick Kisnorbo, Patric Gerrbrand, Alan Sheehan, Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Tom Tejan-Sie, Levi Porter, Chris O'Grady, Louis Dodds.

Subs: Scott Lycett, Carl Pentley, Max Gradel, Eric Odihambo, Billy McKay, Ryan Beswick.

NO MARK DE-VRIES, even on the bench :blink:

What's interesting is, the OS says it's Mike Stowell that picked the squad.

Interesting line-up, but I've never heard of that Sie lad - a recent addition to the academy, or just a less-famous one?

Good to see Dodds getting another run-out, and it makes sense for him to be paired up with O'Grady - that means all five strikers got a decent amount of game time this weekend (for those wondering, MDV is striker #6).

Logan is in goal to top it all off - he's played the most of all the goalkeepers in the last 4 matches now, surely. I wonder what we could read into that :whistle:lol

Low seems to know where the net is.

Hi goal against Boston was more a case of now being able to kick the ball anywhere but the net :D

But he looks a fairly solid and reliable player, power and pace.

What's interesting is, the OS says it's Mike Stowell that picked the squad.

Interesting line-up, but I've never heard of that Sie lad - a recent addition to the academy, or just a less-famous one?

Good to see Dodds getting another run-out, and it makes sense for him to be paired up with O'Grady - that means all five strikers got a decent amount of game time this weekend (for those wondering, MDV is striker #6).

Logan is in goal to top it all off - he's played the most of all the goalkeepers in the last 4 matches now, surely. I wonder what we could read into that :whistle:lol

Tom Tejan-Sie looked like a toy soldier in a grown-ups army when he first arrived and had changed so much I didn't recognise him at first. Well add another one to the growing list of kids that are gonna come through from the City Academy. What a gem.

Cracking game well worth the entrance fee, a team full of commitment all pushing forwards at times we had 5, 6, 7 men in or around their penalty area all well worked and taken goals.

Sylla played in central midfield most of the game and was pretty impressive, COG was like a giant, not in the physical sense although compared to Levi :P .

All in all a thouroughly good afternoon and I'm so glad that not only did I go but I didn't go last night.

Mike Stowell for manager :whistle::whistle::thumbup::thumbup::):):):)

Only joking but apparently he picked the team.

Watching City at Hinckley today was like watching an accomplished orchestra.

They took a while to tune their instruments, gradually got themselves in tune with one another and finally delivered a virtuoso performance under the guidance of that ever more accomplished and celebrated conductor Levi Porter.

Porter has emerged these last months with some fine displays but rarely have I seen such a compelling example of box to box accomplishment.

Time and again he made difficult situations easy, unpromising attacks lethal.

And not just for five minutes here and there but for a 90 minutes that saw him as enthusastically involved at the end as in the first few minutes.

On occasions he would be on City's goalline surrounded by opponents but finding time to lift his head off the ball and turn defensive relief into an artform with Sheehan, Kisnorbo and friends.

Next he would be offering the outlet ball for beseiged Chris O'Grady or the cultured Louis Dodds and finally he'd be threading the deftest of final passes through for his strikers to score.

And what strikers. O'Grady was Hinckley's worst nightmare, accepting all the close attention they could give him before so dominating that the home side were forced to stand of him, and let him dictate. He did that to the tune of two goals and plenty of assistance to help earn Dodds's a brace too.

Dodds may have started quietly but we counted off the gilt-edged chances I promised some watching friends that he would shortly create and both his goals were well anticipated because regular reserves fans know he so rarely misses once the goal's gaping and today was no exception.

Those two more goals added to his seemingly endless stream and further confirmed Kelly's view that he's City's most natural striker.

Tom Tejan-Sie, last season's little master of perpetual motion, always had a big heart but today, as a young man of far greater presence than last season, showed he also had the mouth to constantly demand the ball in midfield. A new name to remember.

Sheehan overcame an indifferent start to provide constant support for City's attacks to the point where there was an almost constant presence or seven or even eight blue shirts within 40 yards of Hinckley's goal. By the end City's barrage must have left Hinckley feeling like a boxer desperate for the bout to be stopped to save him further punishment.

What a treat it was to watch. Full marks City and full marks Mike Stowell for presenting a side which overcame always spirited opposition but gradually effected a full frontal assault of almost military proportions with blue shirts dominating every strategic vantage point.

If anyone has any doubts about the brightness of Leicester City's future they should have watched today's game.

Even Sylla had a good un - in midfield!!! - and was rightly applauded off the park.

How many Man of the Match nominees can there be cos there was Levi "Napoleon" Porter, Chris "The Biz" 'Grady, Louis "deadshot" Dodds for a start?

But what's it matter anyway. Cracking match, lovely atmosphere and the news that proper football is alive and well at Leicester City, even if the club are inclined to keep it hidden away.

Phube asked if the City team was close to my dream team.

I can say this. That game was played in the spirit of the great City teams of yesteryear with no thought of doing anything but winning the ball as quickly as possibly and then setting out to attack the opposition.

Did anyone there see any unforced hoof ball? We passed the ball in defence, in midfield and in attack and not just aimlessly but always with a purpose.

We fielded an abundance of different and complimentary talents and we weren't afraid to use them from beginning to end, finishing with an efforvescent demonstration of positive wingplay from Max Gradel. The team spirit and understanding would have graced a demonstration video.

Why would anyone not be proud of that sort of team playing that sort of football?

It was Hinckley :blink: yes there were some promising young players on show, but its nothing to get carried away about.

Were you there then, I think the big difference was the style of play, the approach and the attitude of the players which bears absolutely no resemblence to the first team which is turgid, defensive and like watching 11 eleven cats caught in the car head lamps or to put it in football terms they lack confidence in their own ability to actually go out and win a game.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and judge the outcome on that basis.

Rather over the top there Thracian however, O'Grady WAS an out and out nuisance, Dodds looked confident, Magunda had a good game, Momo did have a "combative" performance and was given a good round of applause when subbed, Kisnorbo was very very solid as was Gerrbrand (but looks short of pace), and as a whole the youngsters did not look either phased or out of their depth.

Was slightly worried by Sheehan for most of the first half who seemed extremely petulant and got himself involved in some daft challenges and situations but improved in the second half.

Let's hope the future is bright and is youth because we are going to need the youngster's to come through for us - a 5 - 0 will do no harm at all.

P.S Weso was there and looked fine. Nissa turned up to watch on his own steam. Gradel looks like a good prospect.

Archived