Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

One Thing You Want To See This Season

Apart from the obvious, i.e. 138 points, Champions... what is the one thing you want to see at the Walkers this season?

For me it has to be attacking football on a more consistent basis. For the past couple of seasons now we have had to suffer very mediocre football, with the odd good performance thrown in. I want the team to set out to attack and try to win every game instead of being content with a 0-0 draw. We even set out to achieve just that last season, (Wolves away) where's that attitude going to get us?

So as unlikely as it is ( :( ) more entertainment - that's what I want. How about you?

my dream season would be neck and neck with WBA and Brum in the top 3 all season with no promotion assured untill the last day where we play Wolves at home needing a win and not conceed many to go up and it depends on other results. we'd won the game 2-0 now just hope WBA or Brum drop points. then the tannoy man announces WBA and Brum both draw and we finish 1st as champions. that moment you hear that would be unreal. "we are going up" etc.

more entertainment, better goals, flowing football, good atmosphere, martin o neill to come back and be rob kellys number 2 (the dream team!)

not much i know.

I want to see us promoted...playing whatever style of football is required, because quite simply we need the money provided by the promised land of Premier football.

Of course it would be wonderful to see us blitz the division with full blooded attacking footie but frankly if it takes some grinding performances to get us up, I don't care !

Last minute charge to the 4th playoff spot with a 5 match winning streak and it all coming down to the last game of the season relliaing on other results and constantly hearing updates before hearing that derby/cov who were going to be going to the playoffs in our place have conceeded a last minute equaliser and that we have finished in 6th place. All this before we storm through the play-offs and make a glorious return to the prem.

lol like hell will that happen.

Whatever happens I would like to see just one game that is just brilliant, free flowing attacking football with 7 or 8 goals in it.

preferably 7 though as it'd be a 4-3 win?!

or we could win 5-3 i suppose. but i dont like the nervey side of football. id hate it if we ever got to an important match (uefa cup, champs league, fa cup semi, leage cup semi) and had penos. wouldnt be able to watch.

my dream season would be neck and neck with WBA and Brum in the top 3 all season with no promotion assured untill the last day where we play Wolves at home needing a win and not conceed many to go up and it depends on other results. we'd won the game 2-0 now just hope WBA or Brum drop points. then the tannoy man announces WBA and Brum both draw and we finish 1st as champions. that moment you hear that would be unreal. "we are going up" etc.

what a day that would be!would make it even more sweet if it was derby we pipped to it though! :P,i would realy like to see some agressive attacking football and make the walkers stadium a place to fear coming to!

1)Promotion

2) making the walkers stadium a dauting place for others!

3) 32500 attendence every home game

4) Dennis wise getting sacked

5) peter taylor getting sacked

6) Roman abramovich donating £25 mill to city!

I'd like to see a more realistic understanding of Leicester's current plight.

Enough of this ridiculous nonsense that we can attack our way to promotion with this group of players. Enough of this ridiculous nonsense that the kid's are somehow the magic key to get us out of what is the hardest division in the country to get promoted from. Enough of the ridiculous criticism of Rob Kelly's decisions without realising how much his hands are tied.

An acceptance that a win is a win, however it is acheived. An acceptance that a clean sheet goes a long way to obtaining that win. An acceptance that we are where we are now, and not where we might like to be. An acceptance that this club needs to dig deeper than it ever has in it's history to start climbing out of this almighty hole we're in.

I'd like to see a more realistic understanding of Leicester's current plight.

Enough of this ridiculous nonsense that we can attack our way to promotion with this group of players. Enough of this ridiculous nonsense that the kid's are somehow the magic key to get us out of what is the hardest division in the country to get promoted from. Enough of the ridiculous criticism of Rob Kelly's decisions without realising how much his hands are tied.

An acceptance that a win is a win, however it is acheived. An acceptance that a clean sheet goes a long way to obtaining that win. An acceptance that we are where we are now, and not where we might like to be. An acceptance that this club needs to dig deeper than it ever has in it's history to start climbing out of this almighty hole we're in.

we are not in a hole. Financially we may not have cash in hand but we have assests like Fryatt, Stearman, Hume and Wesolowski that can be made avaliable for transfer if we get anywhere near administration. Also these players can help us mount a promotion campaign. However I do appreciate your opinion. (I'm in a gracious mood with the season so close)

we are not in a hole. Financially we may not have cash in hand but we have assests like Fryatt, Stearman, Hume and Wesolowski that can be made avaliable for transfer if we get anywhere near administration. Also these players can help us mount a promotion campaign. However I do appreciate your opinion. (I'm in a gracious mood with the season so close)

With great respect Daniel, I've supported Leicester since Matt Gillies was boss and I can assure you that we are in a hole. None of the players you have named as "assets" would even be ranked in a list of our best 200 players since those days.

I just want to look back over the season and be proud of the effort put in by the team. Would also like to see a big win by five clear goals or more. Cant remember the last time we won by more than four in a league game

I think we're in a hole. Until we have a promotion campaign, we're in a hole. We've finished in the bottom half of the CCC for the past two years. We haven't kicked a ball this season, so we've done nothing to get out of the hole so far.

A lot of people are taling hypothetically about players coming good who have so far achieved very little, but until they come good......

My hope for this season is that we'll beat a side by 6 clear goals. A real, awful, embarrassing, thrashing. A Midlands side would be nice.

I want to see a gorgeous streaker like that girl from Hussle.

I want the stewards in due course to wrap her in a blanket and take her into the West Stand and sit her right next to me where she'll quickly feel the evening chill, wrap her arms around me and implore that I keep her warm.

And I hope that every time I get slightly inebriated this season I have a vision exactly like that. Hic!

(I am so much a 'burn out' rather than a 'fade away' person)

Give me glorious, memorable defeats over hard fought draws. Give me 4~3 victories where the last goal was scored in the dieing seconds, give me 9 men scrapping to a two-one win and give me hedonistic 6-0 frenzies.

Give me the bench on the touchline urging the team on to take a 3-2 victory in the ebbing seconds of the match. Give me a last gasp attack at goal from a corner kick where the keeper is in the box (and I know there are some that say he may as well be!)

Give me attack. Give me flowing, passing, entertaining football.

Give a crowd that and they will not care for championships, they'll not be bothered about promotion. Give a crowd passion and people will buy season tickets. Give a crowd a cause to believe.

Give me a reason to believe, Leicester.

Give me hope.

That's what I want.

Apart from the obvious, i.e. 138 points, Champions... what is the one thing you want to see at the Walkers this season?

For me it has to be attacking football on a more consistent basis. For the past couple of seasons now we have had to suffer very mediocre football, with the odd good performance thrown in. I want the team to set out to attack and try to win every game instead of being content with a 0-0 draw. We even set out to achieve just that last season, (Wolves away) where's that attitude going to get us?

So as unlikely as it is ( :( ) more entertainment - that's what I want. How about you?

Mark, at the end of the day mate, thats what we pay for.

Archived