Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

The 'my dad knows nothing about modern music' thread

:laugh: :laugh:

I am right though arent I???

Trust me Im a Dad, and I know how I felt when my Dad said stupid sh1t like that...to be fair though I DO know more about music than my son...unless Pop Jr is the benchmark :rolleyes:

My Dad is brilliant with music. If it wasn't for his record collection I quite possibly wouldn't have gotten into:

Elvis Costello

Joy Division

Television

The Cure

The Pixies

Bob Marley

Talking Heads

The Clash

Black Sabbath

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Tom Waits

and probably more!

I am right though arent I???

Trust me Im a Dad, and I know how I felt when my Dad said stupid sh1t like that...to be fair though I DO know more about music than my son...unless Pop Jr is the benchmark :rolleyes:

That's why i laughed because it's true. His music drives me mad though

My dad keeps claiming snow patrol are actually starsailor. If anything else comes on he'll just say is this muse? :(

Forget my dad. I can't tell the difference between the Kooks and the Feeling (I think!?), but I'm not sure if thats because I'm ignorant... or their both unoriginal.

My dad likes a variety of stuff.

Paul Weller

Bob Marley

Tupac

Beautiful South

Are just a few, and i do like certain songs from each of these artists!

My parents listen to Beautiful South a lot.

I grew up with them, along with the Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Lou Reed and Bob Marley.

Love them when I'm smaaaashed, I know all the words but couldn't tell you most of the song titles just because I used to hear my parents playing them all the time when I were a young 'un.

Hell, this wine is taking effect, I think I'm gonna stick some on when I finish my Bob Dylan fix.

My dad istened to Brenda Lee and Petula Clark and they're so ancient they were probably mentioned in The Bible!.

I didn't realise I was that much older than you Thracian :P

Did your Dad listen to 78's or wax cylinder pressings DG? :D

When I get to where ever I'm going I'll ask him, I can't guarantee being able to get an answer to you though :(

• 4 weeks later...

My Dad died in 1975 (RIP) so he knows nothing about modern music. He did once kick a Liverpool fan in the head when the Scouse gits invaded the Filbert Street end before the Charity Shield in 1971. Respect!

Did your Dad listen to 78's or wax cylinder pressings DG? :D

I listened to my Dad's 78's and use to go to Cowlings in Belvoir Street every Saturday afternoon to buy them. My friend in New York had a collection of 1000's of 78's he was one of two people in the world who had a Linn LP12 that would play 78's.

Archived