lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 McCarthy will be out by then Haha. Good point - never occured to me. Kisnorbo would then naturally take the captain's armband. That'd be quality - Kisnorbo + McAuley at the back.
DanTheFoxBhoy Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Good/lucky result, but lets not forget we wud of got battered if not for Logan. That's part of the lineup I guess... If we can have a crack at RK for starting shit players surely we can give him a pat on the arse for starting a good performer
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 That's part of the lineup I guess... If we can have a crack at RK for starting shit players surely we can give him a pat on the arse for starting a good performer Let's not forget McAuley.
Thracian Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 I'd be tempted to start 3 strikers, and have Dodds/Low on the bench - O'Grady and Hammond up front with Hume on the right wing. Williams and Weso in central midfield, with Porter continuing the good work on the left. The back four should be left alone, they've collectively done little wrong - McAuley's proving his worth, and deserves to continue his run. God knows what we should do when Kisnorbo's ban is lifted. So long as Hughes and Johnson stay at home you can pretty well play the others in any system you like. They'll work the ball from anywhere. And get Stearman back and Kenton on the left side. Kelly will doubtless feel smug but Hammond has saved his bacon. We could have lost the game by a distance on what went before. Big hand for Logan.
davieG Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 That's part of the lineup I guess... If we can have a crack at RK for starting shit players surely we can give him a pat on the arse for starting a good performer Mmmm I thought it was either kick up the arse or a pat on the back, can't say I'd go for a pat on the arse myself, but whatever takes your fancy
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 So long as Hughes and Johnson stay at home you can pretty well play the others in any system you like. They'll work the ball from anywhere. And get Stearman back and Kenton on the left side. Kelly will doubtless feel smug but Hammond has saved his bacon. We could have lost the game by a distance on what went before. Big hand for Logan. I'd ultimately like Nils to be removed from the LB slot - but as the defence has done little wrong, I can't see it being changed. I'm hoping Nils has a shocker when Sheehan returns from his loan. Johnson and Hughes just aren't working in the middle. We need Weso to be fit and healthy. I think Williams needs to give it a go - from what I remember, he did more in the little time he was on than Hughes/Johnson combined.
Leicfox Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 That's part of the lineup I guess... If we can have a crack at RK for starting shit players surely we can give him a pat on the arse for starting a good performer I aint knocking and for once it does feel good to this to a team which all others seem to do to us.
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 Mmmm I thought it was either kick up the arse or a pat on the back, can't say I'd go for a pat on the arse myself, but whatever takes your fancy After a few beers, you'll pat whatever you can find, I guess.
filbertway Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 I'd ultimately like Nils to be removed from the LB slot - but as the defence has done little wrong, I can't see it being changed. I'm hoping Nils has a shocker when Sheehan returns from his loan. Johnson and Hughes just aren't working in the middle. We need Weso to be fit and healthy. I think Williams needs to give it a go - from what I remember, he did more in the little time he was on than Hughes/Johnson combined. If the defence has done nothing wrong, why has logan had so much work to do?
DanTheFoxBhoy Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Mmmm I thought it was either kick up the arse or a pat on the back, can't say I'd go for a pat on the arse myself, but whatever takes your fancy Haha, reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, where George decides he doesn't want the pat on the arse from his boss anymore, but starts to feel left out when he doesn't get it
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 If the defence has done nothing wrong, why has logan had so much work to do? *little wrong They've made a few small mistakes here and there, but they've not been fatal. The goalkeeper played a large part in that, indeed. The defence and Logan seem to have a better understanding than previous defence/goalkeeper combinations... hopefully it'll continue. Our midfield giving the ball away, however, did cost us a goal.
Finnegan Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Interesting to see what the travellers say when they get back in. Logan MoM?
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 Interesting to see what the travellers say when they get back in. Logan MoM? Certainly. Can't possibly be anyone else, really... Logan kept us in the game when we were being fired at from all over the place. Hammond salvaged things, but wasn't on long enough... Logan, without doubt, MoM.
City_4_Life Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Certainly. Can't possibly be anyone else, really... Logan kept us in the game when we were being fired at from all over the place. Hammond salvaged things, but wasn't on long enough... Logan, without doubt, MoM. I thought you might of said McAuley.
lookwhaticando Posted 30 September 2006 Author Posted 30 September 2006 I thought you might of said McAuley. I would have put his name into the hat, but frankly everyone was overshadowed by Ireland's Number One.
ithuriel Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 on sky sports news they said the match was dire and that bruce would be unhappy for logan only getting a yellow and that hume handled the ball in the attack where leicester scored. will be interesting to watch the championship tomorrow. from whats been said on here looks like hughes and johnson were at their craptacular best again ten points from ten games , similar to last season another relegation struggle then. well , considering he has scored he should maybe start elvis and hume for the next game? as for why im not at the game , i had an accident just prior to the hull home game and am still not fit enough to watch a match , i spent the hull game stuck in ward 17 of the LRI and was in less pain than some who watched the game from what i was told
Fez of Mahrez Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Haha, reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, where George decides he doesn't want the pat on the arse from his boss anymore, but starts to feel left out when he doesn't get it That's Chandler in Friends!!
DanTheFoxBhoy Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 That's Chandler in Friends!! Right you are! I'm getting my quality sitcoms mixed up
Benji Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 I really enjoyed that, had we lost 1-0 i'd have left the ground really pissed off but a point was well earnt. It was the first time i have seen logan and mcAuley play and they were both outstanding. McCarthy had another great game, he was in the right place everytime, clearing up where others made mistakes and on the odd times that logan chose not to commit he was there to cover up. Nils is a weak link in my opinion, he knows only how to clip long balls and just offers nothing. Glad it was Hammond that scored, he isn't very good, but looked more attacking then any other player today. One thing that is concerning though is that Low has the ability to win us games, yet only in the last 10 minutes did he actually look worthy to us, he should be doing that from the off. Happy with the day out though!
Daggers Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 Just had sex? ...actually.... Nah, I'll spare you
Thracian Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 ...actually.... Nah, I'll spare you Me too.
BartonFox Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 I really enjoyed that, had we lost 1-0 i'd have left the ground really pissed off but a point was well earnt. It was the first time i have seen logan and mcAuley play and they were both outstanding. McCarthy had another great game, he was in the right place everytime, clearing up where others made mistakes and on the odd times that logan chose not to commit he was there to cover up. Nils is a weak link in my opinion, he knows only how to clip long balls and just offers nothing. Glad it was Hammond that scored, he isn't very good, but looked more attacking then any other player today. One thing that is concerning though is that Low has the ability to win us games, yet only in the last 10 minutes did he actually look worthy to us, he should be doing that from the off. Happy with the day out though! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, daylight robbery.
Benji Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, daylight robbery. Wow, keep them jokes coming, you may get someone to laugh one day. How can you argue with what i've said? Logan, McCauley and Mccarthy played well... Hammond is rubbish but its nice to see him score, Nils shouldn't be playing, and Low had a good last 10 minutes but a shit game in the whole, or does your ability to argue go no further than a smilie
Thracian Posted 30 September 2006 Posted 30 September 2006 At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, daylight robbery. No praise for Hammond?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.