Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The quality of a day out at the Walkers

Saturday was my first home game since about March, and although I enjoyed the game and the atmosphere I did think that the concourses could be better organised and the match entertainment could be better:

1. Playing the pumped up post horn gallop after a goal is corny and over americanised. I think it would be best left with no music after a goal, or play something simple like the Radio Leicester Goal Horn!

2. Thank god Birches mic didnt work

3. The music they played at half time was so corny, could they not have played some half tasteful and less intrusive music, I think if they looked to the sound tracks of say FIFA on the PS2 we would have some decent half time / pre game music

4. Seriosly, bring back the old post horn gallop. keep it simple. We all think the new one is gay and it just doesnt have the same air to it.

5. Could we lease out the food outlets to franchises such as Cafe Rizatta or something. If we had a Rizatta booth, and a Carling or a Fosters Booth, it would be better than getting a crap £1.40 cup of tea. This could bring in extra money by charging for the space in the ground, and would improve the general ambience of the stadium, which may improve our chances of bringing in fans from all social classes.

6. Set up a taxi rank outside the stadium - it would do wonders.

7. The crowd announcing the team is an OK idea but I wouldnt bother with it for much longer than a month or so, people will get tired of it and birch will just look like a prat standing there when no one shouts out the names - and what happens when more than one paddy is playing???

Thoughts on the back of a postcard

7. The crowd announcing the team is an OK idea but I wouldnt bother with it for much longer than a month or so, people will get tired of it and birch will just look like a prat standing there when no one shouts out the names - and what happens when more than one paddy is playing???

Exactly, there was enough problems with 'Number 14 Gareth!'....'Williams?'

I thought the quality of the day was drastically improved by the consumption of some pints before kick-off. Made me very sleepy by half-time though.

Come on City! Get it together and provide the fans with what they really want...hammocks with blankets.

I thought the quality of the day was drastically improved by the consumption of some pints before kick-off. Made me very sleepy by half-time though.

Come on City! Get it together and provide the fans with what they really want...hammocks with blankets.

I will not go to a city game without the tonic of a few beers, reality is alot bleaker at the game!!! :D

1. Playing the pumped up post horn gallop after a goal is corny and over americanised. I think it would be best left with no music after a goal, or play something simple like the Radio Leicester Goal Horn!

Agree

2. Thank god Birches mic didnt work

Agree

3. The music they played at half time was so corny, could they not have played some half tasteful and less intrusive music, I think if they looked to the sound tracks of say FIFA on the PS2 we would have some decent half time / pre game music

Agree

4. Seriosly, bring back the old post horn gallop. keep it simple. We all think the new one is gay and it just doesnt have the same air to it.

Agree

5. Could we lease out the food outlets to franchises such as Cafe Rizatta or something. If we had a Rizatta booth, and a Carling or a Fosters Booth, it would be better than getting a crap £1.40 cup of tea. This could bring in extra money by charging for the space in the ground, and would improve the general ambience of the stadium, which may improve our chances of bringing in fans from all social classes.

What's a Razatta Booth? Anything else can't be worse than the present incumbants surely?

6. Set up a taxi rank outside the stadium - it would do wonders.

Agree & some match day bus stops from town.

Why wait a month stop it now, we will not be manipulated, get the club to concentrate on playing attractive attacking football, the crowds will come back and will create an atmosphere of their own making.

What's a Razatta Booth? Anything else can't be worse than the present incumbants surely?

Rizatta is a coffee chain. Even a Starbucks, or a Cafe Nero or something. the quality of the tea and coffee at the moment is apalling.

Similarly if we had a "Carling Bar" Specifically for the beers thatd be pretty good too.

Maybe we could even generate enough money to stop having to sponsor injury time.

Best off pitch entertainment came from that paper aeroplane which swooped across the back of the kop end goal. Don't know who made it but you should be hearing from Rolls Royce.... :thumbup:

Yes i also saw that, i was hoping it would carry on and hit Kiraly. :thumbup:

Anyone know how much it costs to sponsor the 'a minimum of x minutes added time to be played' announcement?

Tempted to trump whoever's got it at the moment, and pretend my company's name is Huuuuuuuuuume.

Perhaps we could have a sponsor for corners, throw ins, free kicks and bookings, as in Danny Tiatto's booking was sponsored by Acme Legal Services. That free kick was sponsored by SpecSavers. That appearance by a physio was bought to you by BUPA.

Yes indeed, no aspect of the football experience should remain free from the sponsor's hand.......

Rizatta is a coffee chain. Even a Starbucks, or a Cafe Nero or something. the quality of the tea and coffee at the moment is apalling.

Similarly if we had a "Carling Bar" Specifically for the beers thatd be pretty good too.

Maybe we could even generate enough money to stop having to sponsor injury time.

I don't think the chains are interested in football catering.

Having a beer bar was discussed at a previous fans meeting - big problem is when sone wants a beer and a pie/hotdog/bag of crisps. There used to be specific queues when the stadium first opened, and people would go to the shortest one, and end up moaning cos they weren't in the food/beer queue.

To be honest, I would rather spend my money in the pub before the game.

Anyone know how much it costs to sponsor the 'a minimum of x minutes added time to be played' announcement?

Tempted to trump whoever's got it at the moment, and pretend my company's name is Huuuuuuuuuume.

Perhaps we could have a sponsor for corners, throw ins, free kicks and bookings, as in Danny Tiatto's booking was sponsored by Acme Legal Services. That free kick was sponsored by SpecSavers. That appearance by a physio was bought to you by BUPA.

Yes indeed, no aspect of the football experience should remain free from the sponsor's hand.......

Love it. :thumbup:

At least we don't sponsor Goal Kick, Corner Kicks, Free Kicks, e.t.c like Cov.

Sorry to bump this up to the top, but a lot of people discussing poor half time entertainment and poor food!

What are your suggestions maybe we can email them off to TD?

You all forgot about the ice cold cat piss they serve, they call it beer and charge a fortune for it!!

Archived