Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie-FOX

jamie redknapp for manager...

Like to elaborate? :blink:

milan mandaric wants sky pundit jamie redknapp to join him at leicester as manager.

mandoric who worked with father harry at portsmouth wants the ex england and liverpool midfielder to replace the struggling rob kelly.

the serb-americans £25million takeover of the foxes should be ratified this week.

page 76 of the notw..

Couldnt be any worse... might actually see some attacking football and I'd have thought that Redknapp jr might well be very effective in the transfer market, I've always liked him he speaks plenty of sense on TV, no idea what he'd be like as a manager but then again no one did when it came to Pardew, Hughes, Kean etc...

After the current run of results I think it's increasingly likley that a new manager might be brought in, you couldnt blame MM for thinking about it when you look at the kind of football we've been playing of late.

My friend and I were talking about Harry Redknapp's abilities in pulling players out of the hat and although inexperienced young Jamie would tick some of the right boxes for sure.

a) Good contacts at the top end of the game.

b) Articulate and a good communicator.

c) Attacking attitude and background.

d) Young and up-to-date in his thinking.

e) Will doubtless know a good many of the managerial pitfalls from his father.

f) Higher profile than RK.

On the other hand:

a) Has he got his coaches badges - even though he might not need them for the Championship?.

b) Inexperienced as a manager.

c) Big risk for MM but every manager is a risk - including the one we've got.

d) Are there better options available? I'm not sure Curbishley or Dowie are right for what we want.

My friend and I were talking about Harry Redknapp's abilities in pulling players out of the hat and although inexperienced young Jamie would tick some of the right boxes for sure.

On the other hand:

a) Has he got his coaches badges - even though he might not need them for the Championship?.

b) Inexperienced as a manager.

c) Big risk for MM but every manager is a risk - including the one we've got.

d) Are there better options available? I'm not sure Curbishley or Dowie are right for what we want.

We or you? :unsure:

Personally, despite being accused of being a Kelly apologist, I think he'll go as soon as MM comes in and, if it's what's needed to take the club forward then so be it.

Unfortunately, anyone coming in has got to be able to produce and quickly - I wish them well, they'll get support from some quarters and not from others within the club's fanbase whoever they may be.

Couldnt be any worse... might actually see some attacking football and I'd have thought that Redknapp jr might well be very effective in the transfer market, I've always liked him he speaks plenty of sense on TV, no idea what he'd be like as a manager but then again no one did when it came to Pardew, Hughes, Kean etc...

After the current run of results I think it's increasingly likley that a new manager might be brought in, you couldnt blame MM for thinking about it when you look at the kind of football we've been playing of late.

So does Chris Kamara. :thumbup:

So does Chris Kamara. :thumbup:

True... still he might have more of clue than RK, then again as Tharcian says there are + and - over actually making him manager, but we'll see personally I'd prefer somone with a bit of experiance, but the last few games and RK hopless tactics just make me despair, JR with a good assistent and some decent coaches behind him could be good for the club... then again it's probably just some stupid rumour going round, guess we'll find out more towards the end of the week.

milan mandaric wants sky pundit jamie redknapp to join him at leicester as manager.

mandoric who worked with father harry at portsmouth wants the ex england and liverpool midfielder to replace the struggling rob kelly.

the serb-americans £25million takeover of the foxes should be ratified this week.

page 76 of the notw..

What a load of shite. For starters Milan hasnt bid £25million, so they have got that wrong.....Jamie Redknapp as manager pfffft

Most of the above points applied equally to Frank McLintock when he was our boss. And look what he did! :rolleyes:

But let's hope Jamie can bring his missus to matches. At least we'd have something pretty to watch.. :D

Stan Collymore as player manager can you imagine that! After his comments on the world cup "I watched many games, and I didn't see any players that I feel are better than me" etc.

I bet he would make approaches for top class players, get them in for an interview just to massage his ego and if they turned him down he would probably just tell them that he's better than them!

What a legend, there would be no professionalism if Colly took over.

Stan Collymore as player manager can you imagine that! After his comments on the world cup "I watched many games, and I didn't see any players that I feel are better than me" etc.

I bet he would make approaches for top class players, get them in for an interview just to massage his ego and if they turned him down he would probably just tell them that he's better than them!

that's one of the reasons that great players can't make the transition to manager just ask Greame Souness!!

No but he'd see the car park's potential. :whistle::D:D:D

Archived