Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Next manager

Manager options  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as manager

• Keep Kelly
    • Jamie Redknapp
    • Iain Dowie
    • Nigel Clough
    • Joe Royle
    • Mike Newell
    • Super Steve Claridge
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Alex McLeish
    • old player experianced coach duo
    • Any other i can't think of

Claudio Ranieri is the way to go. We may never keep a clean sheet again but the attacking mentality of the man would be an inspiration. It might restore the excitement the Leicester's games once provided. Also, he is a very likeable man that could become a cult hero at the club.

Realistically though this will not happen and MM will be looking at keeping RK or getting Jamie Redknapp :pinch:

Claudio Ranieri is the way to go. We may never keep a clean sheet again but the attacking mentality of the man would be an inspiration. It might restore the excitement the Leicester's games once provided. Also, he is a very likeable man that could become a cult hero at the club.

Realistically though this will not happen and MM will be looking at keeping RK or getting Jamie Redknapp :pinch:

Personally i can't see Redknapp Jnr coming to Leicester and if i was him i would stick with the cushy SKY TV job.

Not saying he would come before people start on that :P although if Ranieri is in the hat...why not Sven? :smile::blush::mad::cry:

Because if Mandy splashed out 4 million quid a year on a useless tosser of a coach such as Sven, and only spent a million quid in transfer fees, he'd have 30,000 angry fans to contend with. :smile:

Why Raneri? Even if we did have a tiny of chance of getting him.

This is the man who failed to win the English Premier league after spending 120 million pounds on players. Got sacked becasue of it, and then managed to complete ruin Valencia after they had just won La Liga.

Why Raneri? Even if we did have a tiny of chance of getting him.

This is the man who failed to win the English Premier league after spending 120 million pounds on players. Got sacked becasue of it, and then managed to complete ruin Valencia after they had just won La Liga.

Agree, but his post match interviews are hilarious though!!!!

This poll actually beggers belief.

Ranieri FFS! Have a word, Douglas Hurd!!! I'd like to see him try and tinker with Andy Johnson or Josh Low and make a noticable difference to their imperious talent.

Redknapp!!! As in Jamie!!!??? To my knowledge, he's not even done a day's coaching in his life, never mind managing a side. Away trip to Burnley or early night with with missus? Hmm. Difficult one.

Clough!!! The Real Actual Nigel Clough??? About 18 years of doing nothing at Burton, and Mandaric is going to give him £10M to spend in January? So Albion are doing quite well this year? Well, I'm sorry but if you give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of Conference sides to manage, one of them is going to win it eventually.

You are all crazy in the coconut. :o

If I was forced to pick from that list I'd probably got for either Dowie, Royle or McLeish. However I don't know if I even want Kelly to go yet, I find it hard to discuss his replacement as anything other than an abstract choice between managers. I'm by no means Kelly's strongest supporter, however we could put together a strong run of form up until Xmas and then all the fickle fans will be praising him again.

If we're working under the assumption that either we're going to lose the next seven games or that MM is going to sack Kelly regardless of form, then there are very few managers out there I would like to come in as replacements as I think most of the available ones/lower league ones are pretty dull. Billy Davis was my first choice to take over from Levein, and he'd still be up there (although it's unlikely he'd come in January, we'd have to wait until the sheep drop out of the playoffs), I quite like Joe Royle as listed above (attacking, likes young players), whereas Dowie has that intelligence as well as being a hard man (although he is still pretty unproven in the Prem, and coming off a failure so might not be at his best). Keegan, I would only go for out of desperation for attacking football and goals, I think he'd be a problem in the long run. Curbishley would probably bring success but is a little dull.... No, I can't decide. And I'm not sure it matters if I do anyway, MM will either bring in some unknown manager from abroad or an old head who none of us would choose/would even think of coming here.

only eight poeple want to keep kelly in this poll.

then again we are very poor this season because kelly misjudged the midfield.

i know he hasnt had hardly any money to spend but after a blip of good performances we are returning to our early season form and sit four points from the drop zone.

i doubt we will go down this season but what do we do if we are still stuck with the same board and situation come the end of the season?

i guess ive been supporting city for too long and i will not believe any takeover until it has happened.

as for a manager , anyone who can weave a bit of magic and who is lucky.

people voting for poor choices since only poor choices are up there, curbishley should be on the list. It is only a matter of opinion if he is unrealistic or not.

No it's not. He has said he wants "a top job" managing Leicester City is not a top job. He has ruled himself out of managerial posistions at W.B.A and Leeds the minute they were vacant. There is no way on Gods Green he's coming here so it's not a matter of opinion at all.

No it's not. He has said he wants "a top job" managing Leicester City is not a top job. He has ruled himself out of managerial posistions at W.B.A and Leeds the minute they were vacant. There is no way on Gods Green he's coming here so it's not a matter of opinion at all.

In MY opinion it is Curbs all the way!

Never rule out Jose Mourinho or Bobby Gould though!!!!

Just a point on Curbishley. Surely evryone wants a "top job" but what equates as a "top job". He is not gonna get a sniff at the big four so he is likely to end up at another club the size of Charlton! Bizarre!

I'm not sure who I want and who MM would want.

I can see MM either wanting a foreign manager or someone he's been linked with before. So McLeish and Curbs will be in the running. Whetehr either would even slightly be interested is debatable, I wouldn't want it if I were either of them!

Dowie has some excellent managerial attributes at this level, but if we are aiming for the premiership and to stay there, should we take on a manager who in his 2 seasons in that league has a relegation to his name and a sacking after 12-15 games?

Ranieri is a pipe dream. He is a little crazy, but not crazy enough to come to a crap championship team.

I like Steve Cotterill, not got a bad word to say about him other than his accent. Classed as a defensive coach, but still play 3 strikers in his starting XI and is doing well at Burnley.

Archived