Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Josh Low

Ability  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Is J. Low Good enough to wear the shirt?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided / More time

There is no defending the decision to play Josh Low. But I'm sure if it'll help the boss, Anish might have a go.

To me, to my guests, to all the guys around me in the Kop the bloke was a bloody embarrassment.

Even Kelly seemed to think so by half-time but God knows what he saw wrong today that he hadn't seen before.

ok well i have stuck up for him in the past, coz i thought he may need more time!

he hasnt played recently but imo that should be more of an excuse to put in more effort when u finally get a start!

i dont however agree with the chears that the fans did when he was taken off at half time i am sure he knows he didnt do well enough there was no need for half the fans to boo him aswell, it doesnt help players!

Did anyone notice that every time Maybury had the ball Low would stand so that he couldn't see Maybury behind the Cardiff player marking him? He doesn't know how to make space for a bloody pass. It's not a question of him not quite making the game. He plays awfully. When we started ironically cheering his every touch toward the end of the second half I noticed he was hardly being passed to towards the end, either. Even his own teammates think he's crap.

Oh, and that sidefooted tap into the box from the left flank when we needed something somewards the far post - hilarious, but tragic.

There is no defending the decision to play Josh Low. But I'm sure if it'll help the boss, Anish might have a go.

To me, to my guests, to all the guys around me in the Kop the bloke was a bloody embarrassment.

Even Kelly seemed to think so by half-time but God knows what he saw wrong today that he hadn't seen before.

I think you should read my posts re: Low before you start having sly digs.

Besides, this coming from you who thinks Elvis Hammond has got what it takes to be a professional footballer. :rolleyes:

Besides, this coming from you who thinks Elvis Hammond has got what it takes to be a professional footballer. :rolleyes:

Ooh handbags.

Hammond would be a brilliant player if only he could finish consistantly. For a slender bloke he ain't too bad at holding the ball up.

You defend Kelly like an advocate facing the Hanging Judge. Kelly selected Low. For his debut? No. For his second game? No! He selected him knowing exactly what he's like. I'd love you to defend the decision for your pal.

As for Hammond at least his goals have won us some points to keep us above the relegation three. I've never condemned a bloke for one bad game and Hammond had that today. But I've made no excuses for him at all.

His performance raised questions that, as a manager I'd want to address. But there were no excuses. And I'll make none.

Not for the first time this season I would have been embarrassed to have presided over that selection and that performance.

We created so little and while we are prepared to play with so little balance that is inevitable. I won't elaborate - I've spelt it out so often I can't be bothered anymore.

But I'll sum it up thus. The system has to fit the players not vice-versa.

All together now "Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?""Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" Who are ya?" "Who are ya?" lol

me... an wha meight?! :whistle:

For the sake of OUR future! :P

lol can't argue with that! :P But seriously though, if we had the option of paying another club to take him away from us, I would do. I really dislike him as a player. He may be a nice, kind-hearted man, but his football skills make me want to do bad things to him :mad::@

I dont mind players who are crap (up to a point) so long as they try (Elvis is a prime example), but the likes of Low and Johnson who are both crap and dont even make the effort is simply inexcusable IMHO and not good enougth... to be honest its partly a reflection on RK that players like Low and Johnson can get away with being so half-arsed, a strong manager simply wouldnt have this problem, that should not take away from the fact that they are utter cack however. :angry:

to be honest its partly a reflection on RK that players like Low and Johnson can get away with being so half-arsed, a strong manager simply wouldnt have this problem

Which brings me nicely on to another point. Everyone is forever making out that Kelly is a "nice bloke" and he's "such a genuine, nice guy". Yeah great sure, that's what everyone wants you to be outside of your profession. I'm sure it's working wonders for him in his private life. But at the football club, being a nice guy isn't going to get you far. If the players feel like he is a mate, then they will not play for him exactly the way he wants them to. They'll take liberties and slack off, knowing that they'll be defended and excused because Kelly is a really nice bloke. I like the fact our gaffer is decent and genuine, it's a good quality, but he also needs to be a bit more assertive, show more authority and demonstrate a ruthless streak that will earn him the respect of the players, make them want to play under him, make him proud and be worried to let him down.

Did anyone notice that every time Maybury had the ball Low would stand so that he couldn't see Maybury behind the Cardiff player marking him? He doesn't know how to make space for a bloody pass. It's not a question of him not quite making the game. He plays awfully. When we started ironically cheering his every touch toward the end of the second half I noticed he was hardly being passed to towards the end, either. Even his own teammates think he's crap.

Oh, and that sidefooted tap into the box from the left flank when we needed something somewards the far post - hilarious, but tragic.

Yeah, I noticed that. He seems scared of receiving the ball, like he thinks if he doesn't have it, he can't fook it up and then get barracked by everyone. I think that may be partly to do with the fans getting on his back, or he just has very low confidence in his own ability.

He also has absolutely no footballing brain whatsoever.

Archived