Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Ultras

Well...

Is it just because we're going through a bad period?

Always_Ultra_Normal_Plus_mit_Flugeln__194801.jpg

Nice one TPH :thumbup:

No is ya answer, because i think it has come to a point where people like me think there is more to following your team than sitting down watching the game, paying your money and pissing off home every week like a zombie. The matchday experiance winning or not, used to be much better than it is now and there is no reason why it cannot be reclaimed.

Although I can understand your scepticisum as these things are usually pie in the sky, I think some fans are really bothered by this, and they are this time willing to do something about it, getting the club to agree is another thing, but they are very lienient on L1 for standing and at the top of the kop so maybe there is hope in their disinterest. I don't believe that they will like the idea one bit as the F.A would hate this for safety reasons or to some other reason.

I believe they allow the current situation as nothing bad has happened in the stadium due to standing, and until an authority makes some noise then they prob will let the status quo remain. The Ultra or whatever it will be called movement will ruffle a few feathers and open eyes to how the fans want their matchday experiance back, but some on here will not remember Filbo with the atmosphere and memories we have, and probably don't understand what all the fuss is about.

I still think it's a result of the rubbish football since we last got relegated the first season at the walkers had an amazing atmosphere and the Prem wasn't bad at times!!

the only thing needed to improve the atmosphere is a bit hope and belief!!

I would also like to point out that our fanbase was ruined/tarnished by Martin O'neils era, to many young fans grew up with us riding high in the premiership, playing in Europe, winning trophies and beating the likes of Chelsea and Manure away from home!! now...... most of our fans are starting to sound like a bunch of moaning Forest fans harking back to past decades and saying we should be were we belong in the premiership when this is what supporting Leicester is all about!!! we have always been a yo yo club it's just that we always had the dream... of better things around the corner!!

when that dream returns when Milan arrives and we can see great things in the future then the atmosphere will return!!

I still think it's a result of the rubbish football since we last got relegated the first season at the walkers had an amazing atmosphere and the Prem wasn't bad at times!!

the only thing needed to improve the atmosphere is a bit hope and belief!!

I would also like to point out that our fanbase was ruined/tarnished by Martin O'neils era, to many young fans grew up with us riding high in the premiership, playing in Europe, winning trophies and beating the likes of Chelsea and Manure away from home!! now...... most of our fans are starting to sound like a bunch of moaning Forest fans harking back to past decades and saying we should be were we belong in the premiership when this is what supporting Leicester is all about!!! we have always been a yo yo club it's just that we always had the dream... of better things around the corner!!

when that dream returns when Milan arrives and we can see great things in the future then the atmosphere will return!!

What get me is if the atmosphere is bad because we are playing badly then what does that say about our fans when the going gets tough?

By the logic that shitty football = Shitty atmosphere, you must be able to hear a pin drop at Torquay but there fans must be as passionate as any so I don't buy that arguement at all.

Leicester fans should be vocal at all times especially the tough ones as that is when the atmosphere can make a differance, its easy to follow a good side, that's why you get these dopy feckers in London, Thailand, China and where ever with Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool shirts on and prob could not even find em on a map.

Does this thread mean we can expect a heavy flow of posts?

What does the weather report say then? Danger of flying roofs still given?

As for the atmosphere, I've noticed during my few visits to the Walkers that only about a third of the fans do sing and cheer the team up on a regular basis, all concentrated around the Kop. Family Stand's usually really quiet and I don't hear a lot from the third stand, tbh. At times, even the guest fans are louder than us.

If the club would fancy a cooperation with the fans, a new initiative to improve the matchday experience, that'd be absolutely awesome.

Well...

I think so partly yes. If we were constantly winning then we wouldn't really find much to moan about. The atmosphere needs changing and because we are playing badly it is being highlighted as a big problem.

Well...

Oh what a funny picture that is. Seriously. My sides are splitting. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not being funny or anything TPH, and correct me if I'm wrong, but was it you who was on this board a couple of weeks ago moaning about how dire the atmosphere was during your recent trips to the Walkers? And how you wish it could change? Quite strange then that it is you leading the opposition against this idea and it is you who seems to be most against it.

As for the question in hand, you know yourself that the answer is going to contain some elements of yes. The original Ultras thread got closed so you couldn't have a pop at the idea in there as you so evidently want to at every opportunity (I have seen comments you have made across the FoxesTalk forums). And I dare say you have set this thread up to rid you of your boredom and to give you some cheap thrills. Ultra wasn't on so you didn't have a target.

If we're playing exhilarating football, then obviously we'll get more fans into the stadium. It doesn't take a genius to work that out. If we were in the Premiership, do you think we'd be struggling to get attendances of over 22,000? I don't. And if we were in the Premiership playing against teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool on a regular basis, how many more "fans" would pack into the stadium pretending that they were here through the good times and bad, sing and proclaim to be as loyal as any? My guess would be lots and so therefore more people in the ground to aid the atmosphere and help to make even more noise (provided they all knew what the songs/chants were :rolleyes: ).

However, I think KilworthFox has hit the nail on the head so far in this thread in all honesty in what he has said, especially the quote I have put below. This is also where the second part of the answer comes in - the answer you cannot believe - no.

By the logic that shitty football = Shitty atmosphere, you must be able to hear a pin drop at Torquay but there fans must be as passionate as any so I don't buy that arguement at all.

In all honesty TPH, just because we're not playing the greatest football in the world, why should we not want to get behind the team? Just because we're not setting the world on fire with our footballing abilities and performances, why should the matchday experience as a whole suffer? It shouldn't really. Maybe a more enjoyable matchday experience would actually help to bring in more fans regardless of the football? Alienating the team, not getting behind them and sitting in the ground like there is a ban on all noise isn't what football is about. Just because we did not grow up in the 80's and early part of the 90's at Filbert Street, it doesn't mean we're any less passionate than what you older fans are. It doesn't mean we're pleased that the atmosphere has massively deteriorated since then. We're not, which is why, believe it or not, why actually want to change things.

I trust that you are going on the logic outlined in KilworthFoxs' quote above.

Did you ever consider that shitty atmosphere may mean that the team gives less effort and looks less interested? I don't suppose you did really did you? We have shown at times this season that with 22/23,000 fans inside the stadium that we can make a decent amount of noise. I don't see why we cannot replicate that noise on a regular basis. There is no good reason why we cannot.

I seem to remember you saying in a thread a couple of days ago (maybe the MM thread?) "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem". After reading comments from you when you have attended games and comparing them to comments on the whole Ultras idea, I would probably class you more as part of the problem than the solution. It seems to me as though you want things to change yet you cannot be bothered to actively do something about it. Makes sense right? To me, it seems like you just like to cause controversy/get under peoples skin.

I don't think so specifically but I do think it is a rallying call - an effort to make the atmosphere rather than to necessarily have to wait for the team to inspire the atmosphere.

There have been occasions recently when fans arrived looking and feeling morose and couldn't really be bothered to stir themselves during the match.

Hopefully the Ultras will counter that and it is merely coincidence that their united voice will mark the start of a new era of well-founded optimism for the City and perhaps the opening pages of another great chapter in our history.

Mandaric won't put up with negative football and, to be fair, I don't think that is how Kelly wants to play either, assuming he gets the chance to continue building his team.

There are already signs of more positive general play even if we still avoid taking action to improve our weaknesses.

But that more postive approach will soon, presumably, be assisted by an influx of better quality players which should in turn help the atmosphere.

The Ultras will merely give focus and added impact to the glorious rising of the Phoenix that is Leicester City.

Just join in and feel the vibes TBH. :thumbup::D:D

I don't think so specifically but I do think it is a rallying call - an effort to make the atmosphere rather than to necessarily have to wait for the team to inspire the atmosphere.

There have been occasions recently when fans arrived looking and feeling morose and couldn't really be bothered to stir themselves during the match.

Hopefully the Ultras will counter that and it is merely coincidence that their united voice will mark the start of a new era of well-founded optimism for the City and perhaps the opening pages of another great chapter in our history.

Mandaric won't put up with negative football and, to be fair, I don't think that is how Kelly wants to play either, assuming he gets the chance to continue building his team.

There are already signs of more positive general play even if we still avoid taking action to improve our weaknesses.

But that more postive approach will soon, presumably, be assisted by an influx of better quality players which should in turn help the atmosphere.

The Ultras will merely give focus and added impact to the glorious rising of the Phoenix that is Leicester City.

Just join in and feel the vibes TBH. :thumbup::D:D

How beautiful is that quote! Top posting absolutely loved that! :thumbup:

For attn of Jme.

I got about half way through your post before I got bored of cliches, contradictions and examples of poor logic.

Let me just respond as follows...

I made some serious points about Ultras and the nature of these groups. By their very nature, they are strong organisations which exist independently of the club structure. They do not ask permission to do stuff. That is not an Ultra group. You're going about it all wrong... why not just all get together, stand and sing?

Anyway, this post was intended as a little light relief and no doubt gave a number of people a chuckle. Please stop taking yourself and this board so seriously as it doesn't do you any favours at all.

They usually have a representative who speaks with the club's bosses on a regular basis, mostly regarding ticket and seat allocation. Some of these relations are criticized by fans of the club

From Wikipedia, I guess the second sentence is referring to people lie you :P

Oh what a funny picture that is. Seriously. My sides are splitting. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not being funny or anything TPH, and correct me if I'm wrong, but was it you who was on this board a couple of weeks ago moaning about how dire the atmosphere was during your recent trips to the Walkers? And how you wish it could change? Quite strange then that it is you leading the opposition against this idea and it is you who seems to be most against it.

As for the question in hand, you know yourself that the answer is going to contain some elements of yes. The original Ultras thread got closed so you couldn't have a pop at the idea in there as you so evidently want to at every opportunity (I have seen comments you have made across the FoxesTalk forums). And I dare say you have set this thread up to rid you of your boredom and to give you some cheap thrills. Ultra wasn't on so you didn't have a target.

If we're playing exhilarating football, then obviously we'll get more fans into the stadium. It doesn't take a genius to work that out. If we were in the Premiership, do you think we'd be struggling to get attendances of over 22,000? I don't. And if we were in the Premiership playing against teams like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool on a regular basis, how many more "fans" would pack into the stadium pretending that they were here through the good times and bad, sing and proclaim to be as loyal as any? My guess would be lots and so therefore more people in the ground to aid the atmosphere and help to make even more noise (provided they all knew what the songs/chants were :rolleyes: ).

However, I think KilworthFox has hit the nail on the head so far in this thread in all honesty in what he has said, especially the quote I have put below. This is also where the second part of the answer comes in - the answer you cannot believe - no.

In all honesty TPH, just because we're not playing the greatest football in the world, why should we not want to get behind the team? Just because we're not setting the world on fire with our footballing abilities and performances, why should the matchday experience as a whole suffer? It shouldn't really. Maybe a more enjoyable matchday experience would actually help to bring in more fans regardless of the football? Alienating the team, not getting behind them and sitting in the ground like there is a ban on all noise isn't what football is about. Just because we did not grow up in the 80's and early part of the 90's at Filbert Street, it doesn't mean we're any less passionate than what you older fans are. It doesn't mean we're pleased that the atmosphere has massively deteriorated since then. We're not, which is why, believe it or not, why actually want to change things.

I trust that you are going on the logic outlined in KilworthFoxs' quote above.

Did you ever consider that shitty atmosphere may mean that the team gives less effort and looks less interested? I don't suppose you did really did you? We have shown at times this season that with 22/23,000 fans inside the stadium that we can make a decent amount of noise. I don't see why we cannot replicate that noise on a regular basis. There is no good reason why we cannot.

I seem to remember you saying in a thread a couple of days ago (maybe the MM thread?) "if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem". After reading comments from you when you have attended games and comparing them to comments on the whole Ultras idea, I would probably class you more as part of the problem than the solution. It seems to me as though you want things to change yet you cannot be bothered to actively do something about it. Makes sense right? To me, it seems like you just like to cause controversy/get under peoples skin.

****s sake, If I wanted to read a novel I go to Waterstones.

Quality of football shouldn't affect the atmosphere one bit. I remember tottenham away to some turkish team in the cup and despite the turkish team playing terribly and losing they created an amazing atmosphere.

If leicester fans can continue support throughout 90 minutes and help the team out it would be awesome thats the whole point in going to a game for me anyway.

For attn of Jme.

I got about half way through your post before I got bored of cliches, contradictions and examples of poor logic.

Let me just respond as follows...

I made some serious points about Ultras and the nature of these groups. By their very nature, they are strong organisations which exist independently of the club structure. They do not ask permission to do stuff. That is not an Ultra group. You're going about it all wrong... why not just all get together, stand and sing?

Anyway, this post was intended as a little light relief and no doubt gave a number of people a chuckle. Please stop taking yourself and this board so seriously as it doesn't do you any favours at all.

You might want to actaully get your facts right first before you mock people.

Most Ultra Groups in the UK do ask permission from thier clubs.

Again I will refer you to Crystal Palace who's group have weekly meetings with their club and co-operate with their clubs.

Again I will refer you to Crystal Palace who's group have weekly meetings with their club and co-operate with their clubs.

Can I just remind you that the club you're citing as a good example have actually taken about 6 years to set anything up... and when we say 'set it up' - have you ever seen any evidence of them having any Ultras? I haven't.

Perhaps whilst I'm sorting out 'my facts', you and Jme might like to get together to learn a bit of 'logic' and skills in terms of 'coherent arguing' and 'using relevant examples which support rather than weaken your argument'.

lollollol

You must be able to see why people are hesitant given the standing among most fans of previous club-endorsed fan groups. You only have to look at the Foxes Trust at the moment to see that people are both suspicious of and cynical towards groups that have gone down the route of gaining the club's approval.

Great idea for the fans, yes - but I don't see what's to be gained by going to the club about it. If you turn up on the OS every Saturday portrayed as a bunch of kids waving flags (which, let's face it, is perfect PR for the club and what they'll reduce you to), you're alienating a large section of the support who would be well up for standing and singing at games.

In my opinion anyway.

In my mind, talking to club should be not to ask permission (and from what I've gathered thats not what they're asking of the club) but to organise, with the aid of the club, a specific section for the group to use, amongst other issues.

But they're are not going to do that are they?

They have season ticket holders in every part of the ground so they cannot sanction a section for you without upsetting some ST holders - it's a non-starter.

They will say what's to stop you singing where you are or you should move to L1/Kop.

You need to decide where you want to go and make a mass move to that area - all those that are ST holders and want to join in move their seats. All others buy tickets in that area.

There's two things you need to decide - 1) what to call yourselves, although to me that's not even that important and 2) Where you going to be in the gorund.

If you can get 50/100 people all converging to one section of the ground you're up and running - what else is there but hot air and procrastination.

If people see this going on and want to join in they will!

You must be able to see why people are hesitant given the standing among most fans of previous club-endorsed fan groups. You only have to look at the Foxes Trust at the moment to see that people are both suspicious of and cynical towards groups that have gone down the route of gaining the club's approval.

Great idea for the fans, yes - but I don't see what's to be gained by going to the club about it. If you turn up on the OS every Saturday portrayed as a bunch of kids waving flags (which, let's face it, is perfect PR for the club and what they'll reduce you to), you're alienating a large section of the support who would be well up for standing and singing at games.

In my opinion anyway.

Fair point.

The whole point of going to the club about it is to try and get more people on board and not people just 16-18 whatever.

So we want all age groups, but If we just tried to do it by ourself then surely we would only be able to attract people that are in our age group?

It would help if people didnt think of us as kids. We will went to see what the ckub say anyway as an email has been sent :thumbup:

Fair point.

The whole point of going to the club about it is to try and get more people on board and not people just 16-18 whatever.

So we want all age groups, but If we just tried to do it by ourself then surely we would only be able to attract people that are in our age group?

It would help if people didnt think of us as kids. We will went to see what the ckub say anyway as an email has been sent :thumbup:

Genuine question - how do you imagine the club are going to get more people on board?

Archived