Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

There's only one Martin George, one Martin George

Wonderland.

lol lol i like your style, and still people think MM is great lol, daggers, your first post on this thread- does it remind you of anyone in control of the club now :whistle:

Didn't a bunch of fans write a fanzine called WHERES THE MONEY GONE ? Based on martin george ? He sold kitson to derby aswell and never spent big money at leicester ok ok i recall mark blake for a record 360,000 pound back in the day. Why would anyone want him back though ? He would never put in the money like Milan would. The only good thing about MG was his helicopter.

Didn't a bunch of fans write a fanzine called WHERES THE MONEY GONE ? Based on martin george ? He sold kitson to derby aswell and never spent big money at leicester ok ok i recall mark blake for a record 360,000 pound back in the day. Why would anyone want him back though ? He would never put in the money like Milan would. The only good thing about MG was his helicopter.

I would take him back he had one hell of a nack for picking managers.

I would take him back he had one hell of a nack for picking managers.

:rolleyes:

Ok He did pick Little and O'Neill

But Also picked Pleat, McGhee,

He also choose McGhee over O'Neill so lets not kiss at his feet!

He was wanted out for a long time as he did not put his money in his pocket which is why the fans produced a fanzine "where has the money gone" which was great :thumbup:

I hate this how we look upon MG as if he was a knight on a white horse when in fact he let our club languish for over a decade.

He was wanted out for a long time as he did not put his money in his pocket which is why the fans produced a fanzine "where has the money gone" which was great :thumbup:

I hate this how we look upon MG as if he was a knight on a white horse when in fact he let our club languish for over a decade.

McGhee was a good manager, just a disloyal arse.

To give Brian Little his big chance was George's crowning glory - got us from nothing to promotion contenders.

When Martin George was chairman also, we never had financial worries as Elsom led us too.

There are far worse chairmen in the world.

I think you'll find Martin George wanted O'Neill when he appointed McGhee, but O'Neill actually turned us down, just as he did when George approached him before Little was appointed. Besides, McGhee was a good manager, just disloyal and I think he even admitted he made a mistake going to Wolves.

As for picking Pleat, are you sure? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that that was the previous chairman.

Martin George was a good chairman, picked excellent up and coming managers and ran the club in a sensible manner. OK, he didn't put his hand in his pocket but it was his decisions that lead us to our most successful era since the 60s. Then along came Elsom, Taylor and the rest is history...

he didnt pick pleat , think it was shipman . little , mcghee and o neill were good picks . we played some of the best football in my lifetime under mcghee and as cobbo said it was just his loyalty that fecked him up , mcghee left us whilst we were top i belive.

all im saying in favour of mg is he knew how to pick a manager

mcghee was also good the fact he left didnt mean his time with us wasnt good.

:laugh: :worship::appl:

You don't suppose he was really Stephen Hughes do you? :unsure:

Barton pre-dates Hughes by some months - he started posting in pre-season for the 04/05 season. Hughes didn't turn up until January 2005, I think - half way through the 04/05 season.. :unsure:

Sadly, the truth isn't out there on this one. :ermm:

Thats two loony conspiracy theories in a day.

...Chandler, get out of Daggers account NOW.

Hmmm...

*thinks: it was mildly abusive but didn't mentioned being porked with a baseball bat...so that's Ultra out.*

...I wonder who has hacked into Flynny's account then. :unsure:

Hmmm...

*thinks: it was mildly abusive but didn't mentioned being porked with a baseball bat...so that's Ultra out.*

...I wonder who has hacked into Flynny's account then. :unsure:

It shall forever remain a sodding mystery. :whistle:

(dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds dodds )

It may look like I'm on a one man's mission to badmouth MG, but if you wish to remember the 1990's we did not want him to remain at the club. We also may have some MG lovers but for the life of me I cannot understand why :S

The Man may have a bit of money but he is no MM, he never put his hand in his pocket. I believe that he was interested in status not LCFC and my view will not change due to some on here! I prefer to remember the disgruntled thousands at the time. We did do well on the playing front on the face of it but we were in Division 2 (championship) and we have in the last 30 years been a club which has been hovering between the top flight and 2nd tier football.

He may have picked 2 good managers IMHO (what has McGhee ever done as a manager?) but does that mean we would rather have MG :@ than MM :worship: ?????? Never :w00t:

Archived