Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

There's only one Martin George, one Martin George

He knows what he's talking about when it comes to MG.

Good, cuz since those basterds went out of business I've no end of trouble with my radiator and my exhaust is making a funny noise, and finding parts is a right basterd. Could you give us a hand Barton?

Martin George was the man to bring in Martin O' Neill,, he actually wanted him before Mark 'fatbloke' Magee got the job.

I rate him, and have spoken to him after an away day at Villa, nice bloke. In what ever capacity for the club he should be around.

Maybe shirt sponsor ship..

:dunno:

We've available for pretty much fook all.

Some wise investment, could see SUBSTANTIAL gains, should we reach the premiership.

Opportunity to make this a really good investment.

Agreed. But this would take a chunky investment of loan / additional finance.

No, my point really concerned MG's involvement. He was always involved with the club and in all probability always minted so why step in now? He would know that acquiring the club was only the start of his financial commitment. In any case what's the point of speculating - we are not allowed to know what the grown-ups are doing and all will be revealed eventually.

I know what I am talking about when it comes to investment banking but that wouldnt stop me spouting a whole load of sheet about it would it?

No need to be specific. If he could kindly confirm whether or not something has happened that makes a MG takeover more likely? Don't have to confirm what the info is - but this thread is a bit vague at the moment!

I know what I am talking about when it comes to investment banking but that wouldnt stop me spouting a whole load of sheet about it would it?

No need to be specific. If he could kindly confirm whether or not something has happened that makes a MG takeover more likely? Don't have to confirm what the info is - but this thread is a bit vague at the moment!

always knew your were a cockney investment banking! lol

Agreed. But this would take a chunky investment of loan / additional finance.

No, my point really concerned MG's involvement. He was always involved with the club and in all probability always minted so why step in now? He would know that acquiring the club was only the start of his financial commitment. In any case what's the point of speculating - we are not allowed to know what the grown-ups are doing and all will be revealed eventually.

There is no reason to suggest that necessarily he wasn't interested previously.

I think now is, however, a better time than ever to buy the club. The proviso here, or the caveat if you like, is that the new owner must have sufficient funds to make the difference between this club being a struggling club and a successful one.

Let's just say MG has been a little piddled off with how this club has been ran for a long while and has been tempted several times to rescue us, there have been reasons why he hasn't though. I think it's come down to the fact that if the club really did need something doing to it, then he'd not hesitate to do so and perhaps time is of the essence.

Let's just say MG has been a little piddled off with how this club has been ran for a long while and has been tempted several times to rescue us, there have been reasons why he hasn't though. I think it's come down to the fact that if the club really did need something doing to it, then he'd not hesitate to do so and perhaps time is of the essence.

Lets hope this is the case. I'm not sure why, but I would much rather MG bought the club outright than Mandaric.

Spooky really, cos yesterday my Dad found a copy of Mark One (which was a 'glossy' sold for Mark Wallington's Testamonial) from the early 1980's.

And among the familiar faces within, was.... Martin George!

OK, maybe not really that exciting, but we have precious little else to be excited about at the moment, do we?

Martin George was the man to bring in Martin O' Neill,, he actually wanted him before Mark 'fatbloke' Magee got the job.I rate him, and have spoken to him after an away day at Villa, nice bloke. In what ever capacity for the club he should be around.

Maybe shirt sponsor ship..

:dunno:

Not sure about that bit, Magee turned down Leicester, Reading threw a party to celebrate.Magee ate all and the vol au vents and drank the booze and as the legend goes M George turned up crack of dawn the next morning with a case full of crisp notes... the rest is history

The majority of the board were against given MON the Job, Magee over rode this...Birch even said he wasn't up to the job

However now he has only got 25k in the club, and put very litle of his own money in when chairman....be nice though

Anyone with delusions of how great MG was in his time at LCFC are just plain MAD! He never invested in the club, the fanzine Where has all the money gone was around in his reign and that was no coincidence. Most on here wont remember him as chairman but all i remember was that was his reign was a long line of shysters who were status grabing non investing turds to infest our club for so long now!

Martin George will be no differant if his past is to go by!

Fook off Where is Milan

MG is a bit of a legend.

I'm glad he's still 'on the scene'.

Really sad when you read MG being linked to the club in a controlling capacity knowing that it's unlikely to happen...and what used to be

Were in a situation when the media, fans and club have got to beg, grovel and suck up to a foreign speculator who we hope and pray is not pulling a fast one (well hardly fast)

I realise its Hobsons choice, but even the most ardent supporters of MM would dance a jig if George was to say "your've fecked us about enough, we can't wait forever...I'm now the Daddy"

Getting silly now...dream on

Anyone with delusions of how great MG was in his time at LCFC are just plain MAD! He never invested in the club, the fanzine Where has all the money gone was around in his reign and that was no coincidence. Most on here wont remember him as chairman but all i remember was that was his reign was a long line of shysters who were status grabing non investing turds to infest our club for so long now!

Martin George will be no differant if his past is to go by!

Fook off Where is Milan

George always made it clear that he would not put his families money into the club.(acadamy aside)

He did act as guaranter for loans to buy players, he did employ are best 3 last managers and he also put a large wedge into and over saw the setting up of the acadamy.

Wheres the money gone was Shipmans era, The fanzine just kept the same name.

I have a sneaking feeling based on your comments that your expectation of Mandaric may be a tad too high

I hope i'm wrong

George always made it clear that he would not put his families money into the club.(acadamy aside)

He did act as guaranter for loans to buy players, he did employ are best 3 last managers and he also put a large wedge into and over saw the setting up of the acadamy.

Wheres the money gone was Shipmans era, The fanzine just kept the same name.

I have a sneaking feeling based on your comments that your expectation of Mandaric may be a tad too high

I hope i'm wrong

Would it be fair to say that even when he was Chairman, Martin didn't in fact own a great deal of shares? I get the impression he never had a controlling interest. If you don;t have that, then it is difficult to put more money in, especially if the other shareholders are not willing to dilute thei % shareholding or stump up more themsleves.

Maybe this time he wants complete control, and is willing to pay for it. 100% control means control over where your money gets spent.

Archived