Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Today's the day

I have beautiful day on by U2..... quite apt really

I love today not tomorrow

Forest are red

Leicester are blue

Mandaric says yes

thats why we love you.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6355687.stm

Mandaric set to seal Foxes deal

Milan Mandaric

Mandaric looks set to take the Leicester hot-seat

Milan Mandaric is set to be installed as Leicester City's new owner after the club called a news conference at 1200 GMT on Tuesday to confirm the deal.

Mandaric is believed to have had a £25m offer backed by shareholders.

The deal has not yet been officially rubber-stamped but the ex-Portsmouth chairman has outlined his plans.

He said: "If I didn't feel I could help I would not be buying the club. The Championship is a great division but my ambition is higher."

The 68-year-old added: "Things are going forward and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to bring everything to a final conclusion but we're not there yet.

"There are a few legalities to be overcome but I hope they will be just formalities."

Mandaric hinted that boss Rob Kelly would stay in charge - despite speculation that former Crystal Palace and Charlton boss Iain Dowie would be installed as manager once the takeover was completed.

He also refused to be drawn on how much the deal was costing him, saying: "I don't like to talk about money, it's too premature to talk about that. I need some time to talk about other things. It's been a stressful process.

"First I'd like to own the club then I can talk about details. Right now I don't see any changes to be made managerially."

Manager Kelly said he was delighted that the saga was set for a conclusion.

"It is a good thing for the supporters and the players that it looks as if it is all over," he told the Leicester Mercury.

"We have all had this hanging over us for so long now.

"We will now know where we are heading after all the uncertainty, and that can only be good for everyone.''

Archived