Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

Contrary to what some would have you believe, there were no impromptu street parties yesterday, nor massed celebrations in Town Hall Square.

And why should there be? After all, the club has changed hands something like SIX times in the past ten years. Another new owner is unlikely to change things that much.

Especially when Mandaric has already stated that Rob Kelly will be staying as manager for the rest of the season, and maybe next season too.

This might ensure some short-term stability at the club, and avoid the prospect of a FOURTH successive relegation battle.

But is there anyone out there sufficiently deluded enough to believe that Kelly has enough ability, even with millions to spend, to take us to the top flight and keep us there?

If Mandy really does have the football brain his army of sycophants credit him with, sooner or later he too will recognise that a new management team will be needed.

And the moment he takes a decision on a replacement will be the time to judge him.

Managers build great teams, NOT chairmen!

Contrary to what some would have you believe, there were no impromptu street parties yesterday, nor massed celebrations in Town Hall Square.

And why should there be? After all, the club has changed hands something like SIX times in the past ten years. Another new owner is unlikely to change things that much.

Especially when Mandaric has already stated that Rob Kelly will be staying as manager for the rest of the season, and maybe next season too.

This might ensure some short-term stability at the club, and avoid the prospect of a FOURTH successive relegation battle.

But is there anyone out there sufficiently deluded enough to believe that Kelly has enough ability, even with millions to spend, to take us to the top flight and keep us there?

If Mandy really does have the football brain his army of sycophants credit him with, sooner or later he too will recognise that a new management team will be needed.

And the moment he takes a decision on a replacement will be the time to judge him.

Mate, I dont want you to get offended with what I am about to say but are you still a virgin? :ph34r:

hahaha at the last comment... lets not forget Robs contract is up at the end of the season, I personally think he's done a very good job inheriting Leveins squad and operating with one hand behind his back... Lets give Rob all the support he fully deserves... Mandarics record at Pompey though suggests that a manager change is inevitable, 7 managers in 7 years..... :whistle:

Mate, I dont want you to get offended with what I am about to say but are you still a virgin? :ph34r:

:laugh: :worship::appl:

Ultra, tbh you need to get a grip. If you can't be happy, optimistic and look forward to things today, then you really shouldn't support this club. At least now we'll have the spending power to bring in players permanently when the window is open. Could we do that before? :rolleyes:

hahaha at the last comment... lets not forget Robs contract is up at the end of the season, I personally think he's done a very good job inheriting Leveins squad and operating with one hand behind his back... Lets give Rob all the support he fully deserves... Mandarics record at Pompey though suggests that a manager change is inevitable, 7 managers in 7 years..... :whistle:

Wasnt one of them Stevie Claridge???!! Soooooooper, Soooooooooooper Steve..... :D

94.44% voted in favour of the takeover...and yet this little person harps on as though they were all coerced.

Oh what it must be to have the moral and spiritual fortitude of Ultra :rolleyes:

Sour grapes they may well be, but we cannot deny some of the points he has made. TBH one of the main reasons i am excited Mandy is at the helm, is the fact i don't beleive he will tollerate Kelly's negativity for too long. Hopefully Kelly may now change his approach with the funds to demand a bit of creativity within the side.

Sour grapes they may well be, but we cannot deny some of the points he has made. TBH one of the main reasons i am excited Mandy is at the helm, is the fact i don't beleive he will tollerate Kelly's negativity for too long. Hopefully Kelly may now change his approach with the funds to demand a bit of creativity within the side.

I reckon a good percentage of the forum would agree that Kelly has to go - I'm not disputing that. Ultra has been totally unable to say anything positive about the takeover since the rumour first surfaced ~ adopting a head in the sand approach that everything in the garden is rosy. It's idiocy.

We all know that the greatest contribution MM can make is to appoint and support a good manager *cough Keegan cough* :D who will play attacking, attractive, winning football.

This was never going to happen under the old regime.

I reckon a good percentage of the forum would agree that Kelly has to go - I'm not disputing that. Ultra has been totally unable to say anything positive about the takeover since the rumour first surfaced ~ adopting a head in the sand approach that everything in the garden is rosy. It's idiocy.

We all know that the greatest contribution MM can make is to appoint and support a good manager *cough Keegan cough* :D who will play attacking, attractive, winning football.

This was never going to happen under the old regime.

Agree whole heartedly. I desperatly want Kelly out but believe it will serve no positive purpose now the transfer window has closed. Time is now hopefully, on our side. :thumbup:

The difference it makes is that the player's will now have hope, they will be playing for their positions (they don't want MM to buy a player who plays in their position) the manager will be scared to lose his job so he might actually try to motivate the players :ph34r:

Basically, lots have changed and more will change.

Err not to be pedantic but it isn't.

That it can basically be terminated at any time without any compensation.... just like Rob can leave at any time without the other club having to pay compensation.

I think

I was being sarastic and I believe you are wrong in any case.

His contract is effectively always 12 months long meaning that if we terminate we have to pay 12 months compensation.

MM wouldn't have been my first choice, but in this case he was the only option to the status quo, which by their own admission were going nowhere.

A blindingly obvious statement if I may say so, but Chairmen or in this case owners provide the building materials for the manager.

As for RK, if you feel he is the problem ask yourself who is in the best position to move him on if he doesn't improve when supplied with the building material? Certainly not the old set up, they hadn't got a pot to piss in, or should I say were not prepared to buy one.

MM is here to stay for the forseeable future one either gets on the bus and enjoys the ride or sulks behind the bus shelter waiting for the next bus that's going to arrive in years to come.

All aboard, plenty of room in N block :P

Controversial, suppose now that the takeover is done we've got to talk about something.

Archived