Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

New name for the Walkers

It's the future. They have been doing it for years in America. If someone wants to pay £Xmillion to name the stadium, why not?

The trick is to do it with a new ground and BEFORE it gets a local name. We never called ours anything other than the Walkers Stadium (well, I think it was the Walkers Bowl for a couple of days) so the naming thing has worked well. If you look at Southampton, they built a new stadium and it got called St Marys by everyone, so no-one calls it the Friends Provident Stadium or whatever it is now.

It's just St Marys now anyway, since the Friends Provident deal ran out in the summer.

Quite a few people refer to it as Filbert Way anyway.

Filbert Way would be my preferred name. MM never sold the rights to name Fratton park, so you never know he may rearrange Walkers as the shirt sponsors and give the stadium a proper name....

Filbert Way would be my preferred name. MM never sold the rights to name Fratton park, so you never know he may rearrange Walkers as the shirt sponsors and give the stadium a proper name....

I doubt he'd dump A&L and I also doubt Walkers would pay more than them, which is why we switched in the first place. If we change anything A&L will end up sponsors of the stadium having also offered more than Walkers last time around.

I doubt he'd dump A&L and I also doubt Walkers would pay more than them, which is why we switched in the first place. If we change anything A&L will end up sponsors of the stadium having also offered more than Walkers last time around.

Which would also be fine. So long as we can incorporate something LCFC ish into the name....

The A&L Filbert Stadium? Ugh

The A&L stadium doesnt have a great ring to it though does it!

I'd prefer to keep Walkers and A+L involved with the club. I like having solid local connections with the club.

Plus I think the A+L sponsorship of the shirts looks good. :cool:

Fuzzy logic there, I know. :ph34r:;):whistle:

Which would also be fine. So long as we can incorporate something LCFC ish into the name....

The A&L Filbert Stadium? Ugh

The A&L stadium doesnt have a great ring to it though does it!

A&L Stadium doesn't have a great ring to it at all. So people would probably just call it Filbert Way anyway. lol

But so long as the ground is named after something local or local-sounding, I don't mind at all.

Filbert Way.

Its short and sweet.

If it goes to a poll of the fans, we've a clear winner already. :P:D:thumbup:

Somehow, though, I think Mandaric won't dump the idea of stadium sponsorship. It's a useful stream of revenue he can look into. However, if we're going to continue to sponsor out the stadium name, I hope we secure a cushy long-term deal... I don't fancy a 3 year deal which could see us changing stadium name every few years. :whistle:

Archived