Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

N Block, L1, Kop - Got something to say about them put it in here.

well see im his younger brother and he was with his chav mates so he didnt want me or my dad to sit with him we sat in the kop wasnt as good but still had a great day out !! im coming over 4 the qpr game in to weeks so i hope leicester pick up some wins before that !!

we are unbeaten in 6 :o

Are there any new songs starting up?

One reason for a lack of singing form the whole crowd is because many of the songs are full of swearing, and not everyone in the ground wants to be joining in. "Iwan is welshman" was popular because everyone joined in, some forgetting that the "all f-ing night" was at the end! West Ham have no problems with getting everyone singing "bubbles", likewise Liverpool with 'Walk alone". No swearing in those. "When you're smiling" is perfect for us - and the club should find (or get someone to record) a version to play at halftime or whenever that is at the right tempo for a football crowd to join in. (plus, there are that many versions of it, they should play a different one each week whlist the fans are leaving the group to increase the familiarity of the song, and the fans' ownership of it)

I suggest some thought needs to go into some new songs with the right sort of rythm, tune and words to encourage as many fans as possible to join in. Songs everyone used to sing at school - that sort of thing. Lilly the Pink strikes me as a good one - don't think it's been used before.

Here's one - to the tune of "What's that going over the hill - is it a monster, is it a monster?"

"Who's that coming up from the back - is it McAuley, is it McAuley?"

(or something along those lines)

Who's next.....

i think this a brillint idea i watched the west ham game today ant the atmoshere was unbelievible i think leicester should try to get a song all the fans lik singing and play that also all the fans like the fox hunt tune so maybe if there was words put to that or something any suggestions ??

i think this a brillint idea i watched the west ham game today ant the atmoshere was unbelievible i think leicester should try to get a song all the fans lik singn and play that also all the fans lik the fox hunt tune so maybe if there was words put to that or soething any suggestions ??

been suggested many a time on here, but the club haven't done anything.

When you're smiling is our song btw

Yes i do need the flippin' things.

oh well you should be alright, my mate has been on crutches all is life and he came to leicester sunderland and stood all game, the stewards send nought

Are there any new songs starting up?

One reason for a lack of singing form the whole crowd is because many of the songs are full of swearing, and not everyone in the ground wants to be joining in. "Iwan is welshman" was popular because everyone joined in, some forgetting that the "all f-ing night" was at the end! West Ham have no problems with getting everyone singing "bubbles", likewise Liverpool with 'Walk alone". No swearing in those. "When you're smiling" is perfect for us - and the club should find (or get someone to record) a version to play at halftime or whenever that is at the right tempo for a football crowd to join in. (plus, there are that many versions of it, they should play a different one each week whlist the fans are leaving the group to increase the familiarity of the song, and the fans' ownership of it)

I suggest some thought needs to go into some new songs with the right sort of rythm, tune and words to encourage as many fans as possible to join in. Songs everyone used to sing at school - that sort of thing. Lilly the Pink strikes me as a good one - don't think it's been used before.

Here's one - to the tune of "What's that going over the hill - is it a monster, is it a monster?"

"Who's that coming up from the back - is it McAuley, is it McAuley?"

(or something along those lines)

Who's next.....

It's not starting them that's the problem, it seems to be them finishing before half the block has heard. What's wrong with 10 minutes of 'Blue Army!'? Especially with a drum that'd work fine.

I remember Sunderland had close to all their away fans sustaining 'Barmy Army' for close to 10 minutes and it was almost intimidating. Drowned out the home support almost entirely.

It's not starting them that's the problem, it seems to be them finishing before half the block has heard. What's wrong with 10 minutes of 'Blue Army!'? Especially with a drum that'd work fine.

I remember Sunderland had close to all their away fans sustaining 'Barmy Army' for close to 10 minutes and it was almost intimidating. Drowned out the home support almost entirely.

You are correct. I'll be standing at the back and if we aren't given the drum then I'll bang the metal bit (which I've been told where aloud to do) and try to keep it going for longer than 30 secs

If you're crocked can't you sit down at the bottom with the big one?

Indeed he could. 'Cos there's no way that the drum will be situated in the stands I'm afraid. Like you if you can't walk through the turnstiles and into the ground Bert. Speaking of being in the ground and in the stands, the atmosphere in the N-Block stands is quality. I know there's a lot of people in the ground who say they cannot hear us and we're relatively quiet/just another L1/a standing section, and they're entitled to their own opinions, but I'd challenge them to actually come to N1 when it is full (as it has been against Cov and WBA) so they can experience it for themselves.

Everyone who has been there and come back to me has told me it enhanced their matchday experience quite considerably, and that we had done a good job in organising it. Which is all I'm worried about tbf. As long as people keep coming and keep enjoying themselves, that's good enough for me.

:thumbup:

Won't be sitting there again after hearing racist abuse aimed at players AND referee during the West Brom game.

Have written to the club.

Fair comment TPH. If you don't mind me asking, front back or middle of the stand? I myself didn't hear this, and I cannot blame you for complaining to the club and not sitting there if this is what you heard.

In speaking to the club, I have to admit that this wasn't mentioned to me and wasn't raised as a concern like other things were (some of which I agreed with them on - I'm not biased in any way). But I do hope the club will be able to, by process of elimination, find out the perpetrator and remove them from all parts of the stadium. I do not condone racial abuse in any way, shape or form, and appreciate it needs dealing with very strictly by the club.

I was on row JJ and it was coming from some tw at behind me, directly behind me, row KK.

His language was obscene, he used racist slurs and spat whenever he shouted something.

A vile creature.

Otherwise I was a bit dissappointed with the atmosphere. It was loud and certainly an improvement over the old N block, but the songs just phase out too quickly. Also, only about 3 songs appear to be used.

Lot's of potential there mind, all the best with it... it's just been soured for me now and I don't know if I'll go N block again.

I was on row JJ and it was coming from some tw at behind me, directly behind me, row KK.

His language was obscene, he used racist slurs and spat whenever he shouted something.

A vile creature.

Otherwise I was a bit dissappointed with the atmosphere. It was loud and certainly an improvement over the old N block, but the songs just phase out too quickly. Also, only about 3 songs appear to be used.

Lot's of potential there mind, all the best with it... it's just been soured for me now and I don't know if I'll go N block again.

Fair enough at least I know it certainly wasn't anything to do with me or anybody I had moved across for it. As I say, I make no excuses for him and I do hope the club manage to weed him out and ban him from the ground. He certainly deserves it.

As for the atmosphere, I agree with what you say about it being loud but songs phase out too quickly. Though I don't really see how that'd be helped unless we were flying high in the league and winning comfortably in all fairness. We have no songs that go on for ages, and the songs such as "Milans Army" or "Barmy Army" which have potential to go on for a while (as Sunderland demonstrated earlier this year at the Walkers) do not get carried on for a long time because a high number of people get fed up with it too quickly. Strange. Though if you have a solution please let me know.

I also agree with the potential it has, and still view it as something that is in the developmental phase which will keep growing. Hopefully. It's just a shame that a complete fooking cretinous moron has ruined the experience as a whole for you. Hopefully he is caught and you will come back again at some point when he isn't there so you can enjoy it.

A vile creature.

Don't let the ignorant pig dictate where you sit. I'd love it if I, and others, were brave enough to rise up, surround these idiots, frogmarch them to a steward, and say, this idiot is an obscene embarrassing racist, I don't want him associated with my proud club, kindly remove him from the ground.

There's a bloke sits near me in the East Stand. He isn't racist, but the only time we hear him is when he's directing a volley of swear words at one of our own players who happens to make a mistake.

Remember that film Falling Down with Michael Douglas? About a bloke so hacked off with things that he eventually takes the law into his own hands in an attempt to clear the place up. Oh so tempting...

A vile creature.

I was going to ask you how it was in the 'N' block, but you've just summed it up for me!! :thumbup:

I'd love it if I, and others, were brave enough to rise up, surround these idiots, frogmarch them to a steward, and say, this idiot is an obscene embarrassing racist, I don't want him associated with my proud club, kindly remove him from the ground.

As I have already said, I hadn't heard it (for numerous reasons) and so I couldn't have told the stewards anything myself. Though if I did happen to hear any form of racial abuse when inside the ground, I'd be sure to have a word with the stewards. Maybe trying to tackle people like this yourself is just asking for a little too much trouble. But I'd definitely have had a word with the stewards and requested that he be removed by them. After all, they've shown they're not scared to do it when necessary.

I was going to ask you how it was in the 'N' block, but you've just summed it up for me!! :thumbup:

Don't let the ignorant pig dictate where you sit.

:):thumbup:

Archived