Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

N Block, L1, Kop - Got something to say about them put it in here.

Was in block K last night cos I was offered free tickets in there ( :D ). The atmosphere was decent, but I'm now convinced it's not as good as N block. :thumbup:

Although I have to say from where I was stood N block looked alot smaller than I imagined it would. Were there less people than there were against Cov and West Brom or something? :unsure:

I have a season ticket in L1 and it looked the same everyweek :blink:

n1 and l1 are both not working its pretty embarrassing, best thing i would say is go back to the kop at least when it gets going the away fans can hear it.

Sit in either N or L and see how many times you can actually hear the Kop in a game. Other than when the referee gives a dubious decision at that end, you can hardly hear them. I bet you could probably count the times they are heard on one hand. This isn't me having a go at the Kop, it's me making reference to the dreadful acoustics inside the stadium.

Sit in either N or L and see how many times you can actually hear the Kop in a game. Other than when the referee gives a dubious decision at that end, you can hardly hear them. I bet you could probably count the times they are heard on one hand. This isn't me having a go at the Kop, it's me making reference to the dreadful acoustics inside the stadium.

I hear you but as I posted in another thread there's only so much you can blame the acoustics. The real problem is the lack of singing en masse!

As you (hopefully) know I'm fully supportive of N Block and all that but take a trip to St. Mary's and you'll see/hear a new ground (a copy of ours in fact) that can still muster a fantastic atmosphere.

I hear you but as I posted in another thread there's only so much you can blame the acoustics. The real problem is the lack of singing en masse!

As you (hopefully) know I'm fully supportive of N Block and all that but take a trip to St. Mary's and you'll see/hear a new ground (a copy of ours in fact) that can still muster a fantastic atmosphere.

I know what you're saying and I agree - the acoustics can only be blamed to a certain extent. The thing about singing en masse is the most important thing though as you said. Whether you're in the Kop, N Block or L1, there are only handfuls of people prepared to sing throughout, unless the referee makes a decision against us that nobody agrees with. I've noticed this after sitting in all 3 places this season. Yesterday in N Block, the middle looked completely flat and like it wasn't joining in with the songs, so I went down there to see if I could get any going when the back started. Thankless task really. All you get is one or two joining in, and dodgy looks off of everyone else. I really am unsure how to improve things further because there's only so much you can do. You can't exactly force everyone to sing lol.

i sit in l1 and sat in n1 for the cov game, i just think we haven't got enough fans that want to sing, i think the singing section should be put in one of the corners of the kop.

I know what you're saying and I agree - the acoustics can only be blamed to a certain extent. The thing about singing en masse is the most important thing though as you said. Whether you're in the Kop, N Block or L1, there are only handfuls of people prepared to sing throughout, unless the referee makes a decision against us that nobody agrees with. I've noticed this after sitting in all 3 places this season. Yesterday in N Block, the middle looked completely flat and like it wasn't joining in with the songs, so I went down there to see if I could get any going when the back started. Thankless task really. All you get is one or two joining in, and dodgy looks off of everyone else. I really am unsure how to improve things further because there's only so much you can do. You can't exactly force everyone to sing lol.

Absolutely. I think you and Mr andSing have excelled yourselves in getting a singing section up and running in the first place. Let's hope over time this grows and develops.

To a certain extent however it may well be due to the "type" of fans that go to Leicester games nowadays meaning we will always struggle to generate Filbert Street/St Mary's/other clubs noise levels.

i was in the N-block last night and really enjoyed it, even though i didn't fancy it. i don't know about the kop not being able to hear, but i couldn't hear the lad next to me in the 1st first it was so loud, died down a bit in the 2nd half though.

n1 and l1 are both not working its pretty embarrassing, best thing i would say is go back to the kop at least when it gets going the away fans can hear it.

n1 couldn't of bin to bad because when leeds scored all the leeds fans pointed at n1 and started singing your not singing anymore

Care to make your mind up soon mate?

The Leeds fans were all doing what apart from being loud all match long?

Standing.

When there is a section of the ground that is terracing there will be an atmosphere...

Anyone want to start pressuring the club on this issue? Anyone?...

*Note to Foxes Trust: potential for you to cover yourselves in glory and increase membership*

The Leeds fans were all doing what apart from being loud all match long?

Standing.

When there is a section of the ground that is terracing there will be an atmosphere...

Anyone want to start pressuring the club on this issue? Anyone?...

*Note to Foxes Trust: potential for you to cover yourselves in glory and increase membership*

Most of N Block and L1 were standing as well Dave.. Why did we not drown them out in that case?? :whistle::P

Most of N Block and L1 were standing as well Dave.. Why did we not drown them out in that case?? :whistle::P

Most of N block weren't...just the top third.

I'm talking of a concentration of 2,000...not 150

I went down the front section in the second half and there was nothing...it was mousey quiet aside from one bloke giving a ball by ball commentary to his mates...which was handy because the excess of drink was making me feel dead drowsy...or was that what was on the pitch :D

Most of N block weren't...just the top third.

I'm talking of a concentration of 2,000...not 150

I went down the front section in the second half and there was nothing...it was mousey quiet aside from one bloke giving a ball by ball commentary to his mates...which was handy because the excess of drink was making me feel dead drowsy...or was that what was on the pitch :D

Pick apart my post then if you will!

Maybe if all of the people who were in N Block sang, it'd at least help to silence the away fans and others in the ground would hear it. And it might make them want to move over. Spilling into P. And if P began filling up and more people wanted to be a part, maybe the club would rethink the respective positions of the Kop and the Family Stand. Long shot but it's worth hoping for!

As for making you drowsy, it wasn't the beer. It was indeed the "professional footballers" on the "football pitch" that gave you the desire to go to sleep.

I did say the singing section would get drowned out when the location of N block was announced.

The problem is in order to make youself herd you need to have at least 3000 fans all singing, it's also harder to get L1 and N block singing the same sounds as it's difficult to hear L1 even from N block due to the noise made by the away fans (They have the advantage of being in one tight compact place.

lollollol you was right next to me then (good plan btw :thumbup: ). I was the one next to the huge bauld bloke that started songs (to your right). Though i would say their was only few of us singing, but when we was doing well we all sung. Another problem we have is that more than one song is being sung. :dunno: Anyways like i said before i thought the atmosphere was good last night, and tbh i dont care what others say.

To be honest, every away game I've been to this season, which actually isn't that many... about 3 ish, I've been appalled at the atmosphere the home team has created.

QPR and Palace immediately spring to mind.

Also, at both of these games, I stood throughout and no stewards had any problem, even standing in the aisles/steps whatever.

To be honest, every away game I've been to this season, which actually isn't that many... about 3 ish, I've been appalled at the atmosphere the home team has created.

QPR and Palace immediately spring to mind.

Also, at both of these games, I stood throughout and no stewards had any problem, even standing in the aisles/steps whatever.

I agree, we are not the only fans struggling to make noise at home. I know there are some exceptions with their teams playing poor but even the atmosphere at the top grounds this season have been average IMO.

I keep telling my Kop-living relatives that it doesn't matter if they can't hear the N block, all that matters is that we are having a good time within it.

I think more people are joining N/L as both had expanded into the next blocks (P1 and K1/J3 respectively) for last night's game. Hopefully more will come.

Does anyone have any idea roughly how many people stand up in N/L? Also, why the bottom half of N isn't part of the singing section?

people can dig our atmosphere all they like but in reality most home support is bad in the championship. I've been to most away games this year and the Only teams who have had reasonable home support have been WBA and Derby. QPR, Southend, Brum, Wolves, Luton etc. etc. All had much worse atmospheres than various home games we've had at the walkers.

This isnt a biased opinion it's the truth. When teams like Leeds come away, stand and sing all game its very hard for home fans to do anything, we in N block certainly tried but to no avail.

I bet Fulham, Brum, Palace etc. think the same thing when we go away and make alot of noise.

I keep telling my Kop-living relatives that it doesn't matter if they can't hear the N block, all that matters is that we are having a good time within it.

I think more people are joining N/L as both had expanded into the next blocks (P1 and K1/J3 respectively) for last night's game. Hopefully more will come.

Does anyone have any idea roughly how many people stand up in N/L? Also, why the bottom half of N isn't part of the singing section?

haha were the family stand over here lol

Well last night the standing started on row y, so that is 17 rows. I would say about 15 in each row so 17 times 15 = 250ish thats for the north stand

Its about the same in l block to

Archived