Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gosfox

Your choice of three

Who would you chose from three possible candidates  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Long term Manager

• Nigel Worthington
    • Paul Ince
    • Chris Coleman

How can you discount Chris Coleman's Fulham being 3 points from safety, playing shocking football (according to the Fulham fans) and wanted out by most of the fans??

I'm not hence the reason i posted Lewisnki's views on Coleman earlier, BUT Peter Reid's failings are far greater in my view, hence the reason no club will touch him with barge pole now! And any Manager we pick will have failings, either actual poor results or a lack of experience etc. For me Coleman at the moment is still our strongest bet at having a good manager. Newell propbably next choice.

I'm not hence the reason i posted Lewisnki's views on Coleman earlier, BUT Peter Reid's failings are far greater in my view, hence the reason no club will touch him with barge pole now! And any Manager we pick will have failings, either actual poor results or a lack of experience etc. For me Coleman at the moment is still our strongest bet at having a good manager. Newell propbably next choice.

Dario Gradi's the man... even his poo smells of flowers!!!

Woooooooo another poll!!

From the current 3 options I`ll go for Coleman. Not that he has done much apart from stop Fulham get relegated and buying half of the American national squad lol. Paul Ince seems to be the name branded about in the press as he was being linked to us in the summer and Wortho is here and may actually steal the job away from anyone else if we do well.

Coleman, if not for the reason that he'd bring in premiership players who he knew would cut it at this level and would make a bloody good fist of preserving their own reputations aswell as the club's. There are no more Martin O'Neils, there are no more muzzy's or Lennon's, with milan's money, he's our best bet.

Coleman, if not for the reason that he'd bring in premiership players who he knew would cut it at this level and would make a bloody good fist of preserving their own reputations aswell as the club's. There are no more Martin O'Neils, there are no more muzzy's or Lennon's, with milan's money, he's our best bet.

Link please! :unsure:

He looks like max from phoenix nights without the beard, no chance!!!

I have stated before, a womanising, drunk is what is needed!!!!

Preferably a good looking one!!!

Coleman for me!

Benitez is the last person you'd suspect of having an outrageous drink problem when you look at him. Then... look at some of his team sheets and you don't discount the possibility. :ph34r:

He also seems happily married, which is true... but it doesn't stop him womanising continually. The only way someone can look so cool, calm and collected on the sidelines is because the endless shagging has put him at ease (it's scientifically proven that sex reduces tension and so on before big important events like meetings, presentations, football matches...) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just stumbled here by accident looking for something else, and after reading all the comments about coleman I feel the need to stand up for him!! I am a fulham fan with a very high rating of coleman and i'm just gonna argue with some of the comments youve put...

“The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well either”

We were in the same position in the premiership that time round as we were this time round. :frusty:

“He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.”

Really? With the money he had available to him, I am chuffed to have the team he has made!! Bar the defence but we’ll get to that :yawn:

“Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?”

You probably know the history of marlet not performing for Fulham with a massive transfer fee hanging over him, but do you know what happened in his first start under coleman? Game of his life, man of the match, goal with weaker foot. After that game unfortunately marlet told everyone about his nightmare career at Fulham and left (and flopped elsewhere). :clap:

“I totally disagree with what you say about him being poor in the transfere market. Compared to most other teams in that division he's had no backing, Tiganas team have been sold off by Ali Fayed for in excess of 30 million pounds over the last three years, he's not had half of that back to spend, and he's still managed 12th and 13th place finishes.”

Very good point. Al fayed has lost interest and the reason coleman was fired was because big mo assumed anyone could pull off the 5 game miracle that coleman pulled off a few years back (general consensus of Fulham fans)

“Transfers matters are always going to be subjective but to be honest Routledge, Niemi and Rosenior apart Fulham can keep the rest.

Montella has flattered to deceive same with McBride.”

You can have Rosenior, he’s wank!! AND Zat Knight.. the reason our defence is so bad is because tigana put knight on a high wage and until coleman can find a buyer (which is unlikely now hes gone), he cannot buy another centre back. And who would want zat bloody knight?

But your telling me that you would turn down:

Montella

Brain McBride

Frank Quadrue

Simon Davies

Michael Brown

Jimmy Bullard

Mate, if you had chris coleman and all of our players..you don’t think you would go up? Dude, you would go and stay up (even with a defence like ours!! I like to refer to it as the most exciting defence in the premiership)

“Montellas not been given a fair crack at the whip he's started one game and come off the bench six times. I'll admit that is Colemans fault though.”

He wasn’t playing at roma so wasn’t match fit. Since then hes been injured and also served a suspension!!

“Coleman's buying hasn't been that bad, one or two players who've not lived up to expectations but generally okay. He's gone a good job of keeping a reasonable team together when the chairman's got bored of his toy and started selling instead of buying.”

Exactly!! And off the top of my head I will list a few top players hes been forced to sell:

Finnan

Melville

Van der sar

Saha

Boa morte

Sean davis

“Can somebody tell me what major acheievements Chris Coleman has made at Fulham to warrant him to be given a chance here? 99% of the reasoning behind him behind backed by most of you I'm sure is to do with the fact he was managing in the premiership and he is young (a similarly 'major' reason why people are backing Ince). I can't think of any other credentials.

If anything, Wortho would be a better appointment full time, at least he has won the league”

Would he have achived more if he got relegated and then won div 1?

“How can you discount Chris Coleman's Fulham being 3 points from safety, playing shocking football (according to the Fulham fans) and wanted out by most of the fans??”

Most fans wanted coleman to “sort it out” as our chat goes, but I think you’ll find that most fans were disappointed about the sacking and a lot more are now because of how poorly sanchez is doing.

'wanted out by MOST of the fans' = horse shit

By the way, hows elvis hammond playing for you? I didn’t see much of him at Fulham but he reminded me of saha a bit!!

Jamie

By the way, hows elvis hammond playing for you? I didn’t see much of him at Fulham but he reminded me of saha a bit!!

Well, I'll tell you one thing for free.

There are only two spaces left in my Quotes of the Week guest spot next Friday now. And with your very first post. Gentleman, I doff my cap. :worship:

Hey guys, I just stumbled here by accident looking for something else, and after reading all the comments about coleman I feel the need to stand up for him!! I am a fulham fan with a very high rating of coleman and i'm just gonna argue with some of the comments youve put...

“The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well eitherâ€

We were in the same position in the premiership that time round as we were this time round. :frusty:

“He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.â€

Really? With the money he had available to him, I am chuffed to have the team he has made!! Bar the defence but we’ll get to that :yawn:

“Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?â€

You probably know the history of marlet not performing for Fulham with a massive transfer fee hanging over him, but do you know what happened in his first start under coleman? Game of his life, man of the match, goal with weaker foot. After that game unfortunately marlet told everyone about his nightmare career at Fulham and left (and flopped elsewhere). :clap:

“I totally disagree with what you say about him being poor in the transfere market. Compared to most other teams in that division he's had no backing, Tiganas team have been sold off by Ali Fayed for in excess of 30 million pounds over the last three years, he's not had half of that back to spend, and he's still managed 12th and 13th place finishes.â€

Very good point. Al fayed has lost interest and the reason coleman was fired was because big mo assumed anyone could pull off the 5 game miracle that coleman pulled off a few years back (general consensus of Fulham fans)

“Transfers matters are always going to be subjective but to be honest Routledge, Niemi and Rosenior apart Fulham can keep the rest.

Montella has flattered to deceive same with McBride.â€

You can have Rosenior, he’s wank!! AND Zat Knight.. the reason our defence is so bad is because tigana put knight on a high wage and until coleman can find a buyer (which is unlikely now hes gone), he cannot buy another centre back. And who would want zat bloody knight?

Montella

Brain McBride

Frank Quadrue

Simon Davies

Michael Brown

Jimmy Bullard

Mate, if you had chris coleman and all of our players..you don’t think you would go up? Dude, you would go and stay up (even with a defence like ours!! I like to refer to it as the most exciting defence in the premiership)

“Montellas not been given a fair crack at the whip he's started one game and come off the bench six times. I'll admit that is Colemans fault though.â€

He wasn’t playing at roma so wasn’t match fit. Since then hes been injured and also served a suspension!!

“Coleman's buying hasn't been that bad, one or two players who've not lived up to expectations but generally okay. He's gone a good job of keeping a reasonable team together when the chairman's got bored of his toy and started selling instead of buying.â€

Exactly!! And off the top of my head I will list a few top players hes been forced to sell:

Finnan

Melville

Van der sar

Saha

Boa morte

Sean davis

“Can somebody tell me what major acheievements Chris Coleman has made at Fulham to warrant him to be given a chance here? 99% of the reasoning behind him behind backed by most of you I'm sure is to do with the fact he was managing in the premiership and he is young (a similarly 'major' reason why people are backing Ince). I can't think of any other credentials.

If anything, Wortho would be a better appointment full time, at least he has won the leagueâ€

“How can you discount Chris Coleman's Fulham being 3 points from safety, playing shocking football (according to the Fulham fans) and wanted out by most of the fans??â€

Most fans wanted coleman to “sort it out†as our chat goes, but I think you’ll find that most fans were disappointed about the sacking and a lot more are now because of how poorly sanchez is doing.

Jamie

Louis Saha and Elvis Hammond being compared. Jesus H Christ.

Ive said it before and il say it again, Mike Newell. Maybe sexist blah blah but he gets respect from his players and is very well disciplined.

“The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well eitherâ€

“He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.â€

“Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?â€

“I totally disagree with what you say about him being poor in the transfere market. Compared to most other teams in that division he's had no backing, Tiganas team have been sold off by Ali Fayed for in excess of 30 million pounds over the last three years, he's not had half of that back to spend, and he's still managed 12th and 13th place finishes.â€

Montella has flattered to deceive same with McBride.â€

Montella

Brain McBride

Frank Quadrue

Simon Davies

Michael Brown

Jimmy Bullard

“Montellas not been given a fair crack at the whip he's started one game and come off the bench six times. I'll admit that is Colemans fault though.â€

“Coleman's buying hasn't been that bad, one or two players who've not lived up to expectations but generally okay. He's gone a good job of keeping a reasonable team together when the chairman's got bored of his toy and started selling instead of buying.â€

Finnan

Melville

Van der sar

Saha

Boa morte

Sean davis

If anything, Wortho would be a better appointment full time, at least he has won the leagueâ€

“How can you discount Chris Coleman's Fulham being 3 points from safety, playing shocking football (according to the Fulham fans) and wanted out by most of the fans??â€

Most fans wanted coleman to “sort it out†as our chat goes, but I think you’ll find that most fans were disappointed about the sacking and a lot more are now because of how poorly sanchez is doing.

Jamie

Very interesting. Nice to read some praise of Coleman from someone in a position to judge. I've always thought Coleman to be head and shoulders above any other named contender for the next manager at Leicester.

To me it's a done deal. Ince is on his way.

The pedigree is there - if honours were buttons he could cover a Pearly King's coat.

Worthington's been there, done it and had lifted himself into second place for me before Sunday's game.

Sorry, but I cannot understand the clamour for Coleman at all. He wouldn't even be third choice on my list.

Archived