Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gosfox

Your choice of three

Who would you chose from three possible candidates  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Long term Manager

• Nigel Worthington
    • Paul Ince
    • Chris Coleman

Convincing argument on CC, I still think he's got what it takes to be a great manager though. He was being tipped for a managerial career in his early 20s and is a good leader. He coaxed good results out of an increasingly poor Fulham side, which was becoming poor through no fault of his own, and his signings aren't awful. I've a lot of time for him.

............and it was whose fault?

Can somebody tell me what major acheievements Chris Coleman has made at Fulham to warrant him to be given a chance here? 99% of the reasoning behind him behind backed by most of you I'm sure is to do with the fact he was managing in the premiership and he is young (a similarly 'major' reason why people are backing Ince). I can't think of any other credentials.

If anything, Wortho would be a better appointment full time, at least he has won the league, Coleman and Ince have done nothing.

I can't think of any other credentials.

If anything, Wortho would be a better appointment full time, at least he has won the league, Coleman and Ince have done nothing.

Coleman has kept a team up. Repeatedly. Admittedly, he's not perfect, but I think he's still a very good option.

I disagree with the poll out of the 3 I would choose in this order.

1st - worthington quite simply because he has the most experience in this division and has won promotion before.

2nd - ince, played under ferguson which seems to help and is doing well currently.

3rd - coleman, he is over rated and has no managerial experience in this division.

Just what would Coleman, or many other managers for that matter, need to have done to been seen as anything other than useless. Why can't people wake up and understand that all success is relative and that Chris Coleman's done a bloody good job at Fulham, as well as playing attractive football. For heavens sake, wake up, smell the coffee and accept that there just aren't that many Martin O'Neills in existence today

I disagree with the poll out of the 3 I would choose in this order.

1st - worthington quite simply because he has the most experience in this division and has won promotion before.

2nd - ince, played under ferguson which seems to help and is doing well currently.

3rd - coleman, he is over rated and has no managerial experience in this division.

Ladies and Gentlemen, at long last there's a Worthington fan among us! :smile:

Big up the Worthington boys! :worship:

PS: there's still room on the ol' WorthoWagon. ;)

Just what would Coleman, or many other managers for that matter, need to have done to been seen as anything other than useless. Why can't people wake up and understand that all success is relative and that Chris Coleman's done a bloody good job at Fulham, as well as playing attractive football. For heavens sake, wake up, smell the coffee and accept that there just aren't that many Martin O'Neills in existence today

There's one at Villa and his bubble seems to have burst!

Coleman is not the man for the job so get over it man!

There's one at Villa and his bubble seems to have burst!

Coleman is not the man for the job so get over it man!

Firstly, you might live regret the O'Neill statement.

Second point, that's just your opinion.

Thirdly, and I repeat, just what would Chris Coleman need to have done for you to accept that he may just have a little bit of talent?

Thirdly, and I repeat, just what would Chris Coleman need to have done for you to accept that he may just have a little bit of talent?

Four successive top-ten top flight finishes and a couple of good cup runs (read: cup final wins).

Just a hunch. :ph34r:

LEGWINSKI SLAMS SACKED COLEMAN

Former Fulham captain Sylvain Legwinski declared sacking Chris Coleman "was the best thing that could have happened" to the club - and insists the Cottagers went "backwards" under his management.

Coleman, 36, was axed earlier this week with the west-London club just four points above the relegation zone following an alarming slip down the Barclays Premiership table.

Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez has been brought in to take charge for the final five matches of the season.

Former Wales defender Coleman, whose playing career had ended prematurely following an horrific car crash six years ago, was promoted to the Craven Cottage hotseat after a successful caretaker spell when Jean Tigana left in April 2003.

Despite Coleman often gaining praise for keeping Fulham in the top flight on a limited budget compared to that afforded his predecessor, Legwinski believes the axe should have been wielded much earlier.

The midfielder left the club during the summer after falling out of favour with Coleman and joined Coca-Cola Championship side Ipswich, but is currently out injured.

Legwinski is in no doubt where the blame for the demise of the Cottagers' fortunes lies.

"Sacking Coleman was the best thing that could have happened to Fulham," Legwinski told the London Evening Standard.

"The only question is about the timing because it should have happened much earlier. It should have been done two years ago. I hope it is not too late."

The former Monaco midfielder, 33, added: "The club have gone backwards under him. This season was the first where it could be truly called his team as there was no one left from the Jean Tigana era.

"They are doing badly and it is sad to see where they are now, but in truth Fulham were lucky not to be in the relegation zone for the last two years and that is because of Coleman.

"It took him two years to realise how physical preparation in pre-season is vital in the Premiership.

"The work was different when Tigana was in charge. It was more intense - but under Coleman the training sessions were shorter, he did not work us as hard and we were given more days off.

"I found it very strange because I wanted to work harder and the players lacked fitness.

"But no one senior in the club was keeping an eye on him or seemed to know what it takes to run a football team."

Interesting read! I'm for Coleman BUT this puts a slight doubt in my mind, although a think it's more of a bitter ex player sticking the knife in!

LEGWINSKI SLAMS SACKED COLEMAN

Former Fulham captain Sylvain Legwinski declared sacking Chris Coleman "was the best thing that could have happened" to the club - and insists the Cottagers went "backwards" under his management.

Coleman, 36, was axed earlier this week with the west-London club just four points above the relegation zone following an alarming slip down the Barclays Premiership table.

Northern Ireland manager Lawrie Sanchez has been brought in to take charge for the final five matches of the season.

Former Wales defender Coleman, whose playing career had ended prematurely following an horrific car crash six years ago, was promoted to the Craven Cottage hotseat after a successful caretaker spell when Jean Tigana left in April 2003.

Despite Coleman often gaining praise for keeping Fulham in the top flight on a limited budget compared to that afforded his predecessor, Legwinski believes the axe should have been wielded much earlier.

The midfielder left the club during the summer after falling out of favour with Coleman and joined Coca-Cola Championship side Ipswich, but is currently out injured.

Legwinski is in no doubt where the blame for the demise of the Cottagers' fortunes lies.

"Sacking Coleman was the best thing that could have happened to Fulham," Legwinski told the London Evening Standard.

"The only question is about the timing because it should have happened much earlier. It should have been done two years ago. I hope it is not too late."

The former Monaco midfielder, 33, added: "The club have gone backwards under him. This season was the first where it could be truly called his team as there was no one left from the Jean Tigana era.

"They are doing badly and it is sad to see where they are now, but in truth Fulham were lucky not to be in the relegation zone for the last two years and that is because of Coleman.

"It took him two years to realise how physical preparation in pre-season is vital in the Premiership.

"The work was different when Tigana was in charge. It was more intense - but under Coleman the training sessions were shorter, he did not work us as hard and we were given more days off.

"I found it very strange because I wanted to work harder and the players lacked fitness.

"But no one senior in the club was keeping an eye on him or seemed to know what it takes to run a football team."

Interesting read! I'm for Coleman BUT this puts a slight doubt in my mind, although a think it's more of a bitter ex player sticking the knife in!

Doesn't sound good!!!

Here was a post of mine from earlier in this thread

Just my opinion mind :thumbup:

Question: Have you all on this forum have been watching too much championship football?

Answer: Too fookin right you must have been!

Chris Coleman as our next manager would be a disaster.

The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well either (Largely due to Tigana impending departure).

He got them to the dizzy heights of ninth the next season a great chunk off that due to Louis Saha might I add.

He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.

He has proven to be a failure in the Premiership where as you'll again agree is where we want to be.

He has a poor to below average record in the transfer market. Which again I think you'll agree is not a good quality if we are looking for promotion in the near future.

Last but not least. If, as I think we'll have no choice but to, keep 50-60% of our current squad.

Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?

Answer no to that last question and I rest my case.

The funny thing is a man 99.9999% of the forum wouldn't have anywhere near our club, also has the same credentials as Coleman.

Peter Reid kept Sunderland in the Prem for a few years (finishing 7th twice!!!), doing nothing spectacular. I know I wouldn't have him, would you!???

The funny thing is a man 99.9999% of the forum wouldn't have anywhere near our club, also has the same credentials as Coleman.

Peter Reid kept Sunderland in the Prem for a few years (finishing 7th twice!!!), doing nothing spectacular. I know I wouldn't have him, would you!???

What a stupid thing to say! How can you discount Peter Reid's failings?

What a stupid thing to say! How can you discount Peter Reid's failings?

How can you discount Chris Coleman's Fulham being 3 points from safety, playing shocking football (according to the Fulham fans) and wanted out by most of the fans??

I think Reid was a pretty good manager and was pretty harshly treated by both Man City and Sunderland..... but his best days as a manager are now behind him as it seems that apart from a few notable exceptions Managing a top or challenging club now requires a younger man in charge

Archived