Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gosfox

Your choice of three

Who would you chose from three possible candidates  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Long term Manager

• Nigel Worthington
    • Paul Ince
    • Chris Coleman

5830-c10356bf.jpg

Right that's Ince ruled out then :whistle:

See told you they were friends.

Dunno if they still are, after Ince walked out of Swindon after about 3 weeks. I do like the loyal type.

Not that Wise can really begrudge him it, seeing as he did exactly the same thing about a month later.

I personally would like Bryan Robson at the helm.
for me it would have to be Bryan Robson.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

useless, grumble grumble, drinking culture, grumble grumble, :angry:

I voted Coleman as he will probably have contacts and friends after managing in the Prem for a good few years. He also did quite well in the Prem but do we really want a manager who gets his car bugged? :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

useless, grumble grumble, drinking culture, grumble grumble, :angry:

You missed out gambling culture.

Coleman for me, Ince is too inexperienced & worthington is the new RK - do a job till the end of the season, except this time make him leave, like we should've done with RK.

I do not admire Paul Ince, one bit. Never have.

But the amount of times a manager goes to a club as an un-popular choice and turns it around tends to happen more often than the fans number 1 choice being chosen and succeeding.

Sadly, us fans usually know fook all when it comes to managers, especially at a club like ours.

Coleman for me, but if it is Ince, then i'm prepared to be proved wrong about him.

As Barton says, it's all about who he brings with him. I can see a big name coming in alongside him, we all know Mandaric likes a DoF type at his clubs.

Question: Have you all on this forum have been watching too much championship football?

Answer: Too fookin right you must have been!

Chris Coleman as our next manager would be a disaster.

The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well either (Largely due to Tigana impending departure).

He got them to the dizzy heights of ninth the next season a great chunk off that due to Louis Saha might I add.

He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.

He has proven to be a failure in the Premiership where as you'll again agree is where we want to be.

He has a poor to below average record in the transfer market. Which again I think you'll agree is not a good quality if we are looking for promotion in the near future.

Last but not least. If, as I think we'll have no choice but to, keep 50-60% of our current squad.

Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?

Answer no to that last question and I rest my case.

Paul Ince to follow :angry:

Question: Have you all on this forum have been watching too much championship football?

The guy took over a team(Jean Tigana's) not entirely useless and admittedly not doing too well either (Largely due to Tigana impending departure).

He got them to the dizzy heights of ninth the next season a great chunk off that due to Louis Saha might I add.

He has absolutely no idea of how to build a team which I think you'll all agree is what is needed at The Walkers in time for the start of next season.

He has proven to be a failure in the Premiership where as you'll again agree is where we want to be.

He has a poor to below average record in the transfer market. Which again I think you'll agree is not a good quality if we are looking for promotion in the near future.

Last but not least. If, as I think we'll have no choice but to, keep 50-60% of our current squad.

Can you really see a manger of his experience and temperament being able to get the useless bunch of sods playing any different to how they played last season?

I totally disagree with what you say about him being poor in the transfere market. Compared to most other teams in that division he's had no backing, Tiganas team have been sold off by Ali Fayed for in excess of 30 million pounds over the last three years, he's not had half of that back to spend, and he's still managed 12th and 13th place finishes.

Transfers matters are always going to be subjective but to be honest Routledge, Niemi and Rosenior apart Fulham can keep the rest.

Montella has flattered to deceive same with McBride.

The rest are all pretty much like the one's we have here at present and can't be arsed most of the time.

I agree though he hasn't had the same chance in the transfer market as Tigana but maybe this was down to MAF lack of confidence in him.

Transfers matters are always going to be subjective but to be honest Routledge, Niemi and Rosenior apart Fulham can keep the rest.

The rest are all pretty much like the one's we have here at present and can't be arsed most of the time.

I agree though he hasn't had the same chance in the transfer market as Tigana but maybe this was down to MAF lack of confidence in him.

Who is your suggestion for manager then if Coleman is such a poor choice??

Jimmy Bullard? They were unlucky to lose him to injury so early on in the season.

McBrides 34 and still nets goals in the Prem.

Montellas not been given a fair crack at the whip he's started one game and come off the bench six times. I'll admit that is Colemans fault though.

I see little wrong with Boconegra or Brown either, Christanval should be good enough but is struggling.

Coleman's buying hasn't been that bad, one or two players who've not lived up to expectations but generally okay. He's gone a good job of keeping a reasonable team together when the chairman's got bored of his toy and started selling instead of buying. Seems a bit unfair to basically describe him as a Premiership version of Rob Kelly!

McBride cost One Million Dollars, which is pretty cheap and has been consistent for them and scored, although not immense amounts, fairly regularly and has been a very solid performer - not flashy but works and gets the job done. I reckon he's rather good to be honest.

Who is your suggestion for manager then if Coleman is such a poor choice??

I don't really have a strong preference for anybody but if your going to give it to a novice(yes Coleman is still a novice IMO) I'd rather see somebody with some bollox who'll have the guts to rip the heads off the players for not giving their all.

John Collins springs to mind.

Hear hear!!! :worship:

Convincing argument on CC, I still think he's got what it takes to be a great manager though. He was being tipped for a managerial career in his early 20s and is a good leader. He coaxed good results out of an increasingly poor Fulham side, which was becoming poor through no fault of his own, and his signings aren't awful. I've a lot of time for him.

Archived