Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Paul Ince and Les Ferdinand

Are the next four weeks really going to be filled with threads like this? :rolleyes:

Come to think of it. Roy Cropper was there. You think he's taken his badges ? :P

This is now one of the most confusing threads in the Guinness Official History of Threads.

Let's start anew...now!

No, hang on a minute, I've just noticed my flies were open.

That's better...Let's start anew...now!

This is now one of the most confusing threads in the Guinness Official History of Threads.

Let's start anew...now!

No, hang on a minute, I've just noticed my flies were open.

That's better...Let's start anew...now!

now we have that sorted, nowt worse than seeing old wrinkled up willy.

PAUL INCE with Sir Les. ummmmmmmmmm. :dunno: Proper gamble on not one but two non whites, the BNP won't be going to the games thats for sure.

PAUL INCE with Sir Les. ummmmmmmmmm. :dunno: Proper gamble on not one but two non whites, the BNP won't be going to the games thats for sure.

That is the first compelling argument I've heard in favour of electing Ince to the job. I'm in :thumbup:

Ferdinand was on Radio 5 Live yesterday saying that he had no interest at this stage of going into management. He wants to concentrate on finishing his courses etc..

In all honesty I can't see Manadaric taking a chance with Ince. It would be a huge risk. I just don't think we can afford to take that kind of gambol. Ince is no Roy Keane that's for sure. The team is in total disarray and we desperately need a manager who can get a grip of things, and fast.

To my mind that means either Billy Davies, Coleman or Alladyce.

Allardyce???

In your dreams Pal!!

I like ice cream but it hurts my teeth. How annoying is that?

No, Alana, it's not ironic. Just annoying.

Sorry where were we?

Are we talking about the inevitable signing of Robbie Fowler yet or are we still on shall we move the Kop?

Paul Ince will not be our next manager! It will be a step in the wrong direction and MM must know this! I am suprised quite a few, even Thracian, thinks that he could do well for us! What is that based on?? The fact that he had a good playing career, maybe his firey personality!? He is no Roy Keane when it comes to Management! He doesn't have the same intelligence, carisma and genuine arrogance Keano has for management! Jumping from a bottom of the table league 2 club, to a play-off hopeful Championship club is a massive task and something I strongly believe Paul Ince cannot achieve!!!

I would take a host of managers over Ince at this stage! A successful playing career and strong personality does not guarantee a top manager!!

Unless he's changed his mind after seeing that lot I think Ince will be named manager and I think the days of us failing to compete in certain areas will quickly be over.

Youngsters will find it much harder to break through but for the right reasons - there will be big, strong, focused and skillful footballers ahead of them.

In other words the party will be quickly over.

Porter, for instance will have to learn that if he cannot learn quickly to produce his skills while travelling flat out and being much more purposeful and persistent, he'll soon be forgotten.

Wesolowski will learn never to take three touches when one and two will do the job faster.

Stearman will learn to get tighter and more limpet-like on his opponent or he'll be become a forgotten man.

Many won't have the chance to learn cos I'm sure they'll be out.

Getting your excuses in early, eh?

Seeing as he has never demonstrated any of those attributes it's :wave:

Allardyce???

In your dreams Pal!!

Yes probably so, but I was making the point that Manadaric has to go with somebody tried and tested who can attract good players and has plenty of tactical savvy. The risk of relegation next season is far too high for any experimentation with the likes of Ince and Ferdinand. Let's not forget, we very nearly joined Leeds at the bottom this time around!

However, having said that, I agree that the choice is pretty limited. Personally, I hope Mandaric can somehow to persuade Coleman to become the new manager. I think he'd be terrific.

Hmmm.

Anyone think... Ince to Leicester... Wise sacked from Leeds (at some point in the near future either pre or mid season), Ince wants to help out his old mate.... Wise coaching at Leicester?

I haven't been too keen on the idea of Ince as manager but yesterday a mate pointed something out that is interesting: three of the Man U players that played under Ferguson and have become managers have been quite successful - Keane, Bruce and Hughes. Couldn't think of any other Ferguson players that have gone on to management but it is something to bear in mind that Ince could well have picked up a lot from Ferguson.

Yes probably so, but I was making the point that Manadaric has to go with somebody tried and tested who can attract good players and has plenty of tactical savvy. The risk of relegation next season is far too high for any experimentation with the likes of Ince and Ferdinand. Let's not forget, we very nearly joined Leeds at the bottom this time around!

However, having said that, I agree that the choice is pretty limited. Personally, I hope Mandaric can somehow to persuade Coleman to become the new manager. I think he'd be terrific.

Agreed.

I think Colemans clearly the outstanding candidate, i cant beleive that Milan would offer the job to Ince, i think whoever started the rumour is just having a joke with us!

Agreed.

I think Colemans clearly the outstanding candidate, i cant beleive that Milan would offer the job to Ince, i think whoever started the rumour is just having a joke with us!

Coleman "outstanding"... how is he outstanding?

Coleman "outstanding"... how is he outstanding?

Well, If the candidates as people are assuming are Ince,Wortho,Coleman,Tigana then Coleman is the only one who's managed in the prem with any success, so in that respect he IS the outstanding candidate

Well, If the candidates as people are assuming are Ince,Wortho,Coleman,Tigana then Coleman is the only one who's managed in the prem with any success, so in that respect he IS the outstanding candidate

Success? I would hardly class getting sacked from your last post a success. If they are the best we can get i'm worried.

Getting your excuses in early, eh?

Seeing as he has never demonstrated any of those attributes it's :wave:

I have every faith in Porter's ability as a footballer and am quite sure he has the quality to demonstrate it at a decent level. I've noticed though that one thing Fergie gets players to do is perform their skills at a much faster pace than when they first join.

Of course that needs practice but it also requires repetition and supreme confidence both from the player and from the encouraging manager.

Porter has been subdued by fear. He's become far too inclined to play the percentages in recent weeks. Fergie would have none of that.

He accepts attackers will make mistakes and insists on them driving forwards with attitude whatever. If they have a bad un c'est la view, he invariably retains faith in them and doesn't dream of forcing them to compromise next time.

Porter has skill, but it is no use having such skill and not being prepared to ask questions of opponents constantly. Fear of losing the ball and being badmouthed by the crowd shouldn't come into it.

Forwards need to be 100% positive and Porter's approach and likely outcome can be much influenced by the manager's atitude.

Unfortunately Levein, Kelly and Worthington were all similar underneath. Hence the selection of Tiatto yesterday, for a start. Tiatto is no more a winger than Hughes is and I arefuse to make any excuses for such ridiculous ideas. If Worthington wants more competitiveness in midfield play 4-3-3 - it's that simple.

This approach of using wingers as supplementary supplementary defenders rather than out and out attackers has continually failed us and it's time we took the other tack and made opponents worry themselves silly about us.

Ronaldo and Giggs do their chasing back and helping out but their prime job is attacking and no-one is left in any doubt about that.

Until we take that approach we're going nowhere. Pace, skill and support in numbers is what's needed but we don't even pick the best players available to provide that....ever.

Success? I would hardly class getting sacked from your last post a success. If they are the best we can get i'm worried.

Wortho got sacked too mate, after getting Norwich relegated, at least Coleman kept Fulham up there!!

I agree none of them are exactly mothwatering prospects but who dyou think were gonna get??

I haven't been too keen on the idea of Ince as manager but yesterday a mate pointed something out that is interesting: three of the Man U players that played under Ferguson and have become managers have been quite successful - Keane, Bruce and Hughes. Couldn't think of any other Ferguson players that have gone on to management but it is something to bear in mind that Ince could well have picked up a lot from Ferguson.

Well lets get Lennon in then it is something to bear in mind that Lennon could well have picked up a lot from Martin O'Neill :rolleyes:

Archived