Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Paul Ince and Les Ferdinand

Wortho got sacked too mate, after getting Norwich relegated, at least Coleman kept Fulham up there!!

I agree none of them are exactly mothwatering prospects but who dyou think were gonna get??

I think we will get Ince purely because of what Keane did at Sunderland, I know that sounds silly but MM will think he could do that same here. Like you say none of those people are mentioning are mothwatering.

I haven't been too keen on the idea of Ince as manager but yesterday a mate pointed something out that is interesting: three of the Man U players that played under Ferguson and have become managers have been quite successful - Keane, Bruce and Hughes. Couldn't think of any other Ferguson players that have gone on to management but it is something to bear in mind that Ince could well have picked up a lot from Ferguson.

That means nothing mate. You have to look at these players/coaches/managers as individuals and despite loads of players having left Man Utd to become good managers (I suppose you can add the likes of Chris Casper, Alex McLeish, Steve McClaren and Bryan Robson to the list), you cant guarantee that Ince has what it takes to be become a top manager.

I must admit to not being a fan of his "know it all" mentality and the fact that he didnt listen to Alex Ferguson for the latterpart of his Man Utd career, thinking he should be a free scoring attacking mid when Sir Al wanted him to play the holding role. Also carrying on childish stuff like "The Guvnor" on his boots tells you a little about the bloke who does things his way and for show as aposed to sticking to the principles. Also, ex-players like Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce and Roy Keane never fell out with him to the extent that Van Nistleroy, Becks, Stam or Ince did who were sold on still in there apparent prime. The succesful managers seem to have been the ones who were loyal to Ferguson and didnt want to do things there way.

Right, I've had enough of this incessant bickering.

You all have 24 hours to sort out your differences and agree on a manager, or else I'm going to select one for you. :angry:

I'd take Ince and Ferdinand. High achieving players who I doubt are going to take any kind of shit. Their intent to prove that black managers/coaches can make it gives them extra motivation. Doing it in as diverse a place as Leicester would be almost poetically apt. Media attention around the club would increase, which is usually beneficial so long as it's not focused on the players.

There's no lower league managers I particularly fancy a punt on, and people who've been sacked aren't often the way forward unless they've been around a bit. (George Burley?)

Every decision's a gamble, at least this one will be a bit more interesting.

Wortho got sacked too mate, after getting Norwich relegated, at least Coleman kept Fulham up there!!

I agree none of them are exactly mothwatering prospects but who dyou think were gonna get??

What, just like Kelly kept us in the Championship...? :whistle:

Ince "apparently" is still to see his chairman and discuss the future (according to Ince on Saturday) so heres hoping he signs a new deal with them and keeps well away from us!

Who would take the now available Glenn "no lips" Roeder???!! i wouldnt want him anywhere near our club unless he wants a job as a coach!

Ince will be unveiled Tuesday... Mark my words.

Now moving on to a positive note :rolleyes: <_<

Well maybe not;

Portsmouth will be down the Walkers for a pre season friendly on the 4th August.

One part right! And the date!

Ince to surely come in soon then? :frusty::angry:

And what's his source? Basically how and who did this originally come from?

If i tell you this, i would have to kill you. mwuhahahahahahahaha...

No seriosuly i would have to :angry::thumbup:

:cool:

My sources are FBI confidential :dunno:

I'll let you know more when and if i get it...

You Better hope he dont get appointed tuesday or ur in for some stick.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

I wonder who is starting to feel like a donkey knob now...hmmm? :whistle:

Time to sign up for a different account now (if you haven't already done so) Einstein.

Archived