Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Paul Jewell? Has Resigned

Mandaric will not be prepared to spend money like Whelan has/will and Wigan do have potential to be a bigger club. Would have thought that Jewell would be looking at a club like Manchester City.

Agree Jewell will take the Man City job when Pearce goes if a takeover of the club succeeds.

Dave Whelan offered Jewell a job for life at the JJB Stadium outfit last year but also said he would not stand in his manager's way if he had an offer from a bigger club.

Would love him to turn up here but I really doubt it will happen. If he doesn't come here I hope that he turns up at Eastlands because the blue three quarters of manchester really do need something to smile about and I know it would make one or two friends of mine happy.

Reckon we will miss out on Coleman as I would have thought Wigan will be hiring him :|

Oh crap never thought about that! Wigan now have a vacancy!!! Coleman has to be the ideal candidate for that job or another one who we might have on our list! This could turn out bad for us! I guess if Jewell takes-over Man City, then Pearce will be available! Not too sure on him tho!

Oh crap never thought about that! Wigan now have a vacancy!!! Coleman has to be the ideal candidate for that job or another one who we might have on our list! This could turn out bad for us! I guess if Jewell takes-over Man City, then Pearce will be available! Not too sure on him tho!

This is Wigan we're talking about here. Nobody really wants to manage or play for them.

Hutchings took over from Jewell at Bradford all those years ago.

Oddly enough, the Bradford chairman deemed 17th position in the Premiership (widely regarded as a phenomenal season for Bradford by most) "insufficient" so Jewell left. Hutchings took over (stepped up from Assistant) and managed one win in a run of twelve in the following Premiership season. He was sacked after five months, 21 games.

Hutchings returned to being Jewell's assistant later, and it seems history is repeating itself.

Jewell saves a team from the slide, finish 17th, leaves the club for Hutchings to take over... :unsure:

One hopes he manages more than one win in twelve this time, though.

Hutchings took over from Jewell at Bradford all those years ago.

Oddly enough, the Bradford chairman deemed 17th position in the Premiership (widely regarded as a phenomenal season for Bradford by most) "insufficient" so Jewell left. Hutchings took over (stepped up from Assistant) and managed one win in twelve in the following Premiership season. He was sacked after five months.

Hutchings returned to being Jewell's assistant later, and it seems history is repeating itself.

Jewell saves a team from the slide, finish 17th, leaves the club for Hutchings to take over... :unsure:

One hopes he manages more than one win in twelve this time, though.

Can't understand the decision tbh.

huge gamble that appointment, think wigan will be in the relegation fight next year again bar some major spending. their defence is slow and ageing, and have a thin squad as it is.

as for jewell, having just secured prem status by 1 goal and netting £50 million odd (obviously he wouldnt get half of that to spend but still...) he aint gonna be dropping 20 odd plaaces/ a league for a team like us...i wish!

If Jewell were to take the Leicester job it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m aslo not convinced Man City would be that keen to install him, plus Stuart Pearce is still there.

Leaving the Wigan managerial position and coming to takeover at Leicester, is the equivalent of our Manager leaving to take over at Manchester Utd or Real Madrid.

I've heard on Talksport that Jewell needed a break from Football for a while as things were getting to him. So it was a mutual agreement by both him and Dave Whelan that he was to leave after the season was over..

If Jewell were to take the Leicester job it wouldn’t surprise me. I’m aslo not convinced Man City would be that keen to install him, plus Stuart Pearce is still there.

Leaving the Wigan managerial position and coming to takeover at Leicester, is the equivalent of our Manager leaving to take over at Manchester Utd or Real Madrid.

:rolleyes::unsure:

more like a giant leap sideways :whistle:

Wouldn't mind Jewell here, seems like a likeable bloke with a decent record, got promotion with Wigan, top 10 finish, yeah, I'd probably have him.

Heskey as well, did you see him in defence yesterday? Immense. :worship:

His overall record at Wigan is a win rate of around 43% (higher than almost all the other candidates mentioned as possibilities) - although some of that was in lower leagues than our own, as well as two seasons above our division. He has a points per game tally of about 1.56 - again, this includes seasons below us, in the same league as us and above us...

He has promoted Bradford (finished 2nd in Division one) and kept them in the Premiership (only to resign when the club Chairman described 17th as "disappointing"). He then promoted Wigan a couple of years ago, again by finishing 2nd, and kept them in the Premiership in spectacular fashion.

I'd have him here, without a doubt. I'm not sure we could pull it off, though. :(

Wigan have appointed Chris Hutchings

link

Possibly the daftest decision ever known to man. I would be willing to put everything I own on Hutchings getting the sack within 12 months, possibly a lot earlier.

Whelan is turning in to a clueless penis.

Not a chance in the world we could pull it off imo, when he does come back into football, possible that he will take a while out till someone gets sacked maybe mid season next year and he could step in, possibly at somewhere like Everton.

I really don't think he'd leave Wigan, because he needs a break from the game and then come here.

Yes I would take him but if he is feeling drained at Wigan why would he take this job?

Two very good promotion campaigns under his belt followed by survivals, definitely has the credentials. Furthermore I like his general attitude, the guy is full of passion and determination.

Archived