Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Paul Jewell? Has Resigned

Would absolutely LOVE Paul Jewell here. I think it's somewhat plausible, but by somewhat I mean about 10% likely and 90% raving bonkers. He's still the manager who is my favourite of all the mentioned names though.

Yes I would take him but if he is feeling drained at Wigan why would he take this job?

Two very good promotion campaigns under his belt followed by survivals, definitely has the credentials. Furthermore I like his general attitude, the guy is full of passion and determination.

I'm sure if he was offered the Man City job he won't feel quite so drained!

I'd have him here in a flash. Just the right credentials we need for our next manager. Admittedly not the best of seasons for him but come on it was Wigan.

Possibly the daftest decision ever known to man. I would be willing to put everything I own on Hutchings getting the sack within 12 months, possibly a lot earlier.

Whelan is turning in to a clueless penis.

Absolutely.

I can't see many Wigan fans be pleased.

May have a bet on Wigan being relegated next season. Won't get much odds but it's a cert imo.

I know footballers, managers, people in general do (We have had it done to us by people at this club) this but apparently Jewell has sworn on his kids lives that he is going no where for the moment, he genuinly needs a break.

Jewell won't come here, he's having a break from football and has promised Whelean that he doesn't have another job lined up. I would love him though.

As for Chris Hutchings, well, I thought Bolton appointing Sammy Lee was a risk...

Jewell won't come here, he's having a break from football and has promised Whelean that he doesn't have another job lined up. I would love him though.

As for Chris Hutchings, well, I thought Bolton appointing Sammy Lee was a risk...

Tbf it means fuk all. Players and managers have lied to us fans/clubs/chairmen publicly before whats saying Jewell isn't?

I do think Jewell is an honest bloke and he has sworn on his kids lives (Apparently) so I do think he will be having a break, but its not exactly hard to lie is it?!

Having said that even if he is telling porky pies he ain't coming here anyway!

I think a few of us have been at the sherry!!

No way is Jewell gonna consider coming here, i think he's already lined up his next job which will def be at a prem club.

Weve got the same chance of getting Jewell as Mourinho, Allardyce.

NONE

Spot on!

I just dont get the people who think we can actually get an Alladyce or a Jewell. I know they arent much but they are amongst the best that England has to offer so you would think they would be linked for Premiership jobs (Poor old Fulham rushed in getting Sanchez in lol).

We may be linked to SACKED Premiership managers like Pearce and Coleman because we are high profile but we wont get Alladyce or Jewell.

Jewell would never come here.

p.s Hutchings as Wigan boss is a huuuuuuggggggeeeeee risk! :frusty:

I would not be happy in getting chris coleman. i dont actually rate him... im not really sure who i would like to go for... Tigana never really did any good either. Would love newell to of come- i like a manager who speaks his mind. lol. but he had a terrible season at luton but his extenuating circumstances were that the luton board really tightened the purse strings. Having said that would prefer a manager with some Prem experience. Prem is alot tougher now (IMHO) then when o'niell got the job which brings us to wortho' . Worthington would of been in with a shout i reckon if we hadnt been wooped by wolves... typical last game leicester are safe kind of game though, but it still dameged his cause.

Would pearce come to leicester? I would be suprised. he had a good season and a bad season at Man. C. Jewell wants a break from the game so its not looking too good for quality managers available. Plenty of managers around but how many of them are in the papers because of their reputation rather than their abilities?

Then again, we could always ask Peter Taylor to come back.... :thumbup::frusty:

Still have a feeling that who ever the manager will be is still or was in a job when milan made he's "taking his time statement" last week.

I agree mate,

I have a feeling in my waters that Milan is going all out to get Billy Davies, i personally would be happy with that.

Although i hear Syston Park have a talented young manager. :P

Mandaric will not be prepared to spend money like Whelan has/will and Wigan do have potential to be a bigger club. Would have thought that Jewell would be looking at a club like Manchester City.

Why do Wigan have potential to be a big club? A small town in an area saturated by Premiership clubs i.e. Bolton, Blackburn, Man.City, Man.Utd and also further in the North West if you include Liverpool and Everton. Plus Wigan is built on Rugby League-afraid I disagree.

Without reading this whole thread.......I guess some think Jewell at City is a possibility and some are completely kicking it into touch. Trust me I would kick it out of Wembley stadium. Of course we would all welcome Jewell. But he WILL NOT be the next LCFC manager. End of.

True - he'll go on holiday for a week or two then come back to a nice new job at Man City.

Not according to Five Live... "BBC Radio Five Live understands the club are keen to appoint a continental successor to the departing Pearce". Names banded about in the media are van Gaal (and there was me thinking he'd come here!), Koeman, Houllier and Ranieri.

From Sky

Wigan Athletic will seek £750,000 in compensation if Paul Jewell accepts another managerial post within six months.

Jewell walked away from The Latics on Monday after six years at the club and just 24 hours after steering the club to Premiership safety.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has been assured Jewell wanted a break from the game, although he is covered should Jewell make a swift u-turn.

"If he has a three-week holiday and Manchester City or any one else approach him, there is a penalty clause," Whelan told the Daily Star.

"Had he said that City or Newcastle approached him then I would have released him, but I know he's not been chased or approached by another club."

Meanwhile, Whelan has revealed Jewell backed his former assistant Chris Hutchings to succeed him at The JJB Stadium.

"I spoke to Paul about his successor, and he said 'you have one here' and he recommended Hutch. I spoke to John Benson, he was our manager until he had his heart attack.

"He is very knowledgeable. The first man he mentioned was Hutch. And that was in my mind. Two of the best football people I know were giving me the advice.

"I feel in my bones that he can do the job. I have given him total backing, the same I gave Paul and total control of this club."

From Sky

Wigan Athletic will seek £750,000 in compensation if Paul Jewell accepts another managerial post within six months.

Damn... we don't want to handing that out... even if he is that good!

This thread is still going on?!

Absolutely no chance he would come here and after reading an article in The Independent this morning I seriously doubt he will go back on his word after telling Dave Whelan he would be out of football for 6 months. The guy was cracking up - a relegation fight in the Premiership with millions of pounds at stake has taken it's toll.

He won't be next manager of Man City either and quite how anyone could think we would be able to compete with a team like that over a manager anyway is beyond me - the front-runners for that job are Van Gaal, Ranieri and Houllier.

Realism. Please?

Why do Wigan have potential to be a big club? A small town in an area saturated by Premiership clubs i.e. Bolton, Blackburn, Man.City, Man.Utd and also further in the North West if you include Liverpool and Everton. Plus Wigan is built on Rugby League-afraid I disagree.

They havent got the potential at all. If they cant attract a decent attendance within the Premiership now, they never will. No one wants to sign for them and the fans are too interested in Rugby League and you wont get Rugby fans turning to football as its as good as "in the blood".

Archived