Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Pearce Sacked

His defensive tactics have been a disgrace this season, 10 home goals is just incredible.

Forest legend.

I thought he'd make a good manager, maybe he still will but he's not for us.

That sums it up.

He is over-rated and how he got the England job ahead of some fo the acdemey managers or England Youth set-up managers is beyond me. All this roaring English bulldog spirit is outdated and he simply hasnt moved with the times.

I know we had a bad season but look at Man Citys record at home lol. Samaras arrived at Eastlands as a Greek legend and was resorted to playing sub to some right donkeys or right-midfield. Pearce hasnt got a clue and the fact that he will probably lose Distin and hasnt been able to control Micah Richards (came out to say Arsenal are his club), Joey Barton (need I say more?) or Isakson (is using Man City as stepping stone lol) is typical of the way he has lost the dressing room and cant control his players.

Keep him well away from us and lets hope Forestr dont get promoted so he can go there and bugger them upa little more.

Strikes me that Pearce should be where Ince is, learning his new trade.

There are very few Roy Keane's - and even he will find it much harder coping with the depressing reality of setbacks next season - and a lot of differences between setting a personal example or cajolling the boys on the pitch and the vaguaries of management.

Steve Coppell had his problems in management early on only to return a seemingly wiser and better prepared man.

I imagine Pearce can do the same but the qualities he had as an individual are not the only ones you need in a football team. As the team's record seems to show.

He also learned far too late that you don't keep people like Barton around you. Tough as in Dave McKay, Chopper Harris, Norman Hunter, Gary Speed, is fine. Nasty as in Joey Barton, Denis Wise, forget it. Atmosphere is too important in a football club to be put at risk by people who go around whacking their own team-mates...and I don't mean just minor and quickly forgotten altercations.

No, Pearce would be a long way down my preferred list for manager here.

Oh come of it... he spent £6m on Samaras or whatever his name is.

Samaras signed for Manchester City in January 2006, when Pearce's managerial "skills" were all the rage. He signed after scoring 30 odd goals in 85 odd games over a two year period in the Dutch League. He then proceeded to score 5 goals in his first 15 Premiership matches. There weren't many armchair experts criticising him or Pearce then. He is also only 21 and therefore it is too quick to write him off, especially after his first season in this country. Even Thierry Henry took time to settle.

Either way, Pearce has had to operate with a shrinking playing budget. And he is not the plonker some armchair expects think. As Thracian suggests he probably started at too high a level. Furthermore, how many managers have achieved anything at Manchester City over the last 20 years anyway?

Strikes me that Pearce should be where Ince is, learning his new trade.

There are very few Roy Keane's - and even he will find it much harder coping with the depressing reality of setbacks next season - and a lot of differences between setting a personal example or cajolling the boys on the pitch and the vaguaries of management.

Steve Coppell had his problems in management early on only to return a seemingly wiser and better prepared man.

I imagine Pearce can do the same but the qualities he had as an individual are not the only ones you need in a football team. As the team's record seems to show.

He also learned far too late that you don't keep people like Barton around you. Tough as in Dave McKay, Chopper Harris, Norman Hunter, Gary Speed, is fine. Nasty as in Joey Barton, Denis Wise, forget it. Atmosphere is too important in a football club to be put at risk by people who go around whacking their own team-mates...and I don't mean just minor and quickly forgotten altercations.

No, Pearce would be a long way down my preferred list for manager here.

He convinces me more than Coleman does. Especially his youth policy. Man City have some of the best under 20s around in the first team. I would seriously consider him. He has a good eye for talent too and would help promote some of our players onto the under 21 scene. I think along Keith Hill he is my tip for manager.

Blood and guts will only get you so far. Lacks tactical nous; poor record in the transfer market; U-21 team is about his level. Plus I still haven't forgiven him for caning Paul Reid in front of the cowshed 17 years ago.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Blood and guts will only get you so far. Lacks tactical nous; poor record in the transfer market; U-21 team is about his level. Plus I still haven't forgiven him for caning Paul Reid in front of the cowshed 17 years ago.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Every manager has his limitations. As to poor tactics, where the fook have we even seen them in the past three years.

Get the fcker in! :thumbup:

Yeah... then we can have an entire squad of overpaid, ineffective, thugs that couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo! :rolleyes:

The man is totally out of his depth and has shown little or no ability as a manager... crickey!

Samaras signed for Manchester City in January 2006, when Pearce's managerial "skills" were all the rage. He signed after scoring 30 odd goals in 85 odd games over a two year period in the Dutch League. He then proceeded to score 5 goals in his first 15 Premiership matches. There weren't many armchair experts criticising him or Pearce then. He is also only 21 and therefore it is too quick to write him off, especially after his first season in this country. Even Thierry Henry took time to settle.

Either way, Pearce has had to operate with a shrinking playing budget. And he is not the plonker some armchair expects think. As Thracian suggests he probably started at too high a level. Furthermore, how many managers have achieved anything at Manchester City over the last 20 years anyway?

Being of Greek origin I know a little about Greek football and I can categorically say that Pearce is wasting a talented player. Samaras has showed glimpses of what he can do but is being wasted by Pearce who doesnt know how to manage him. He is one of those silly buggers who needs to be told he is the best and almost "loved" to get the best out of him and not publically critized like his captain Dunne did earlier in the season. Also, he is still young (a yaer older than Fryatt) and its his first season in England but he has been totally mismanaged. You watch him thrive elsewhere!

Every manager has his limitations. As to poor tactics, where the fook have we even seen them in the past three years.

Yeah but we're moving on like arent' we???? I think that's the plan......

Nobody takes things like that into account when we actually have a manager, let alone when we are searching for one.

Im not sure Mr. Mandaric will bother considering him.

He has his plans and has already started talking to potential managers, about players that we could sign.

Unless he wants to start this all over again, I can't see Jewell or Pearce being considering. Anyway, Jewell has already said he wants a break,

It used to be a lot of fun to be a Manchester City fan. It used to be an exciting, unpredictable rollercoaster ride. We never won anything, but that wasn't the point.

Football is about thrills and spills, ups and downs, and City were once one of the most entertaining clubs around. There is a perverse pride to be taken from a sequence of 10 promotions and relegations in a 19-year spell.

And so, it came as no surprise when Stuart Pearce was sacked on Monday. A 14th-place finish wins no friends in the Blue half of Manchester. His crime, truthfully, was bringing the club too much stability.

The last thing a fan wants in their football club is stability. You want your job to be stable. You want your house or your flat to be stable. You want your company pension scheme to be stable .

But football clubs shouldn't be stable. Football clubs should be thrilling. They should be rousing. They should be risky and reckless and a little bit kinky.

I don't want my football club to finish the season with a good defensive record. Good defensive records are frumpy and frigid; they wear floral dresses and stay at home at night and drink tea.

Show me the fan that truly wants that passionless granny as their girlfriend, and I'll show you a fan who has lost his way in life.

I want my football club to dress up in short skirts and high heels and to have expensive tastes in Champagne. I want my football club to wink at me, to take my hand and to lead me on wild and sordid adventures in dark foreign cities, leaving me broke and ashamed and a little bit dirty.

I want my football club to be a high-maintenance good-time girl. I want my football club to be Holly Golightly. Stuart Pearce had turned Manchester City into Ugly Betty.

Who's next in charge? Your guess is as good as mine. Whoever it is, I want them to put the sauciness back in to watching Manchester City. I want to rediscover my football libido.

I want to watch Peter Beagrie, Uwe Rosler, Georgiou Kinkladze, Nicolas Anelka, Shaun Wright-Phillips. Sweet Valley High, even watching Darren Huckerby is more pleasurable than watching Bernado Corradi.

I want the new manager to play with four strikers, not one. I want us to recreate the 1957-58 season, when City scored 104 goals and conceded 100 in finishing fifth in Division One. I want to feel a tingle downstairs when someone asks me who I support.

I want the new manager to be a whore for attacking football. I want him to be Kevin Keegan, multiplied by Arsene Wenger, multiplied by Ossie Ardiles.

Quite likeable for an article from Eurosport

It used to be a lot of fun to be a Manchester City fan. It used to be an exciting, unpredictable rollercoaster ride. We never won anything, but that wasn't the point.

Football is about thrills and spills, ups and downs, and City were once one of the most entertaining clubs around. There is a perverse pride to be taken from a sequence of 10 promotions and relegations in a 19-year spell.

And so, it came as no surprise when Stuart Pearce was sacked on Monday. A 14th-place finish wins no friends in the Blue half of Manchester. His crime, truthfully, was bringing the club too much stability.

The last thing a fan wants in their football club is stability. You want your job to be stable. You want your house or your flat to be stable. You want your company pension scheme to be stable .

But football clubs shouldn't be stable. Football clubs should be thrilling. They should be rousing. They should be risky and reckless and a little bit kinky.

I don't want my football club to finish the season with a good defensive record. Good defensive records are frumpy and frigid; they wear floral dresses and stay at home at night and drink tea.

Show me the fan that truly wants that passionless granny as their girlfriend, and I'll show you a fan who has lost his way in life.

I want my football club to dress up in short skirts and high heels and to have expensive tastes in Champagne. I want my football club to wink at me, to take my hand and to lead me on wild and sordid adventures in dark foreign cities, leaving me broke and ashamed and a little bit dirty.

I want my football club to be a high-maintenance good-time girl. I want my football club to be Holly Golightly. Stuart Pearce had turned Manchester City into Ugly Betty.

Who's next in charge? Your guess is as good as mine. Whoever it is, I want them to put the sauciness back in to watching Manchester City. I want to rediscover my football libido.

I want to watch Peter Beagrie, Uwe Rosler, Georgiou Kinkladze, Nicolas Anelka, Shaun Wright-Phillips. Sweet Valley High, even watching Darren Huckerby is more pleasurable than watching Bernado Corradi.

I want the new manager to play with four strikers, not one. I want us to recreate the 1957-58 season, when City scored 104 goals and conceded 100 in finishing fifth in Division One. I want to feel a tingle downstairs when someone asks me who I support.

I want the new manager to be a whore for attacking football. I want him to be Kevin Keegan, multiplied by Arsene Wenger, multiplied by Ossie Ardiles.

Quite likeable for an article from Eurosport

And catches the spirit of football perfectly...

You do have to feel sorry for him a bit when you see it from his side http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

They obviously spent crazy money when KK was in charge and he had to balance the books and selling the likes of SWP couldnt of helped. the facts are though they he didnt excel with his limited resources and Man City seemed to be a club always in the headlines for the wrong reasons so even he should put his hand up and say I couldve done better.

A 14th-place finish wins no friends in the Blue half of Manchester

3/4's of Manchester :rolleyes::thumbup:

Seriously though, Manchester City spent so little last summer, less than some Championship clubs...certainly less than Birmingham and Sunderland. With their squad a 14th place finish was to be expected really and while they didn't score many goals but they were also pretty good defensively.

I think that he has been treaten unfairly, especially when you consider that they finished one point above West Ham and one point behind Newcastle...clubs that had some real quality in their squads.

Expectations within football are becoming too high and as a result managers are being put under so much pressure to produce results in a short space of time. Ferguson, Allardyce, Moyes, Sidwell, Bruce and Jewell are good examples of what can be achieved if you stick with the manager and allow them time to do their job properly. We feel that we should be in the premiership...but then so do at least sixteen other teams in the division and unfortunately some clubs aren't going to make it. The same goes for the premiership too.

Pearce's nickname Psycho was chanted towards the end of Forest's match against Yeovil. After failing to catch promotion, Calderwood is more than likely to get the sack as Pearce is set to make an emotional return to Forest.

I hope he struggles with Forest and flirt with relegation!

Archived