Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Another England prospect?

Expect Leicester City to have another England youth prospect next season.

Following hard on the heels of Joe Mattock's success as an England Under 17 left-back, word is that Jorrin John could challenge for the place in the England Victory Shield squad next season.

John is still at school and qualifies as an under 16.

Word to me is that he's quality although I emphasise that's third party opinion cos I've never seen him play.

John is a versatile footballer but feelings are that he could well end up in right midfield.

No predictions but seemingly someone to look out for in future.

Following hard on the heels of Joe Mattock's success as an England Under 17 left-back, word is that Jorrin John could challenge for the place in the England Victory Shield squad next season.

Word to me is that he's "head and shoulders above the rest" although I emphasise that's third party opinion cos I've never seen him play.

John is a versatile footballer but feelings are that he could well end up in right midfield.

Im sure you mentioned this lad the other day.

these players may look good now etc but only time will tell if they will be good players, look at the LOOOOOOOONG list of players that have not made the grade at City who were 'England Prospects'

I think the fact we can say we've had so many England prospects through the Academy is an achievement.

Only one in every four players makes the grade they begin at so some of them are bound to dwindle on the way. The fact that the fans recognize them can only be good for them.

Is he in the year below Mattock then? And Thracian, hows Ashley Chambers' recovery going from the knee injury because i assume he still isn't fully fit because if he was he would have started against Sunderland?

its pleasing to see the academy picking up good players and bringing good players through but only time will tell to see how many of these players make the grade

Word to me is that he's quality although I emphasise that's third party opinion cos I've never seen him play.

You're bigging up this kid who you've never seen play? Ridiculous. Fair enough you had a bit of credibility when you were harping on about Alan Sheehan and Louis Dodds (who you at least saw play) but praising a 16 year old in this way is a joke.

So it's not ok for me to slag off Louis Dodds (who, coincidentally I have never seen play, but based my judgment on other people's opinions and his non-inspiring record in the football league), but it's ok for you to hail this next England international on the same basis?

I no this kid he's good, normally plays upfront or on the wing

I think accusing Thracian of bigging him up is harsh, he made it fairly explicit that he's never seen him play. I for one am interested to here which of the new crop of youngsters will be ones to watch.

You're bigging up this kid who you've never seen play? Ridiculous. Fair enough you had a bit of credibility when you were harping on about Alan Sheehan and Louis Dodds (who you at least saw play) but praising a 16 year old in this way is a joke.

So it's not ok for me to slag off Louis Dodds (who, coincidentally I have never seen play, but based my judgment on other people's opinions and his non-inspiring record in the football league), but it's ok for you to hail this next England international on the same basis?

Don't ever try for a job as an intepreter!.

I mentioned him as a matter of interest - because there are demonstrably people on our forum who do take an interest in any promising players we might have.

I didn't "hail" him at all and apologise if I gave that impression. I passed on the view of a contact and made it perfectly clear that I had not seen the lad play and couldn't vouch for that opinion one way or the other - though I do trust it and NBlock seems to share a similar view.

Jorrin John was simply someone I thought people might be interested to look out for - those, that is, who choose to follow our other teams (which was between 600-1500 based on our last season with the reserves at Hinckley).

If he was playing for our under 16s last season then I think I remember seeing him a couple of times for brief spells. There's plenty of talent coming through though. A young lad called Claudio but not sure of his last name looked promising as a winger, I think he's been given scholarship. Billy Kee's a strong lad who's been playing up front for the 16s this season and then there's Craig King who was used as a winger/striker when I saw him play. These lads are only 15/16 though. They're a long way off and players develop at different speeds. Some of the new scholars will appear to be less able than others but then over-take them at a later date.

What's your problem mate? :dunno: Most people are pleased at the thought of a good young propect.

I've nothing against giving Thrac some good natured ribbing, but your taking it far too seriously.

Is he in the year below Mattock then? And Thracian, hows Ashley Chambers' recovery going from the knee injury because i assume he still isn't fully fit because if he was he would have started against Sunderland?

Sunderland came just in time for him to make a worthwhile contribution as a substitute. He had a wretched season through the consequence of his injuries but seemed to be much more like his old self against the Black Cats.

Indeed his inclusion eased a little of the pressure at Leicester at a crucial time. He got inolved with in general play and with his set pieces. It may have been an illusion or just early days, but I never saw the raw speed he used to show in the Reserves.

Fingers crossed that he's back to his best for the start of next season and can rediscover the confidence and eye for goal which made him such a threat.

There would seem to be considerable competition for the striking berths among the under 18's.

Hopefully we can also find some defenders and a good multi-purpose central midfield player.

If he was playing for our under 16s last season then I think I remember seeing him a couple of times for brief spells. There's plenty of talent coming through though. A young lad called Claudio but not sure of his last name looked promising as a winger, I think he's been given scholarship. Billy Kee's a strong lad who's been playing up front for the 16s this season and then there's Craig King who was used as a winger/striker when I saw him play. These lads are only 15/16 though. They're a long way off and players develop at different speeds. Some of the new scholars will appear to be less able than others but then over-take them at a later date.

Billy is a beast! He looks about 25 and he is only 16. Built like a brick shithouse aswell :thumbup:

JOE MATTOCK, STAR STAR STAR, I used to live near him and he's a great lad, even though he broke inot the 1st team he still is so down to earth, he's also MASSIVE, for a 16 year old, and in 5-7 years he will be one of the best players who are english !! :worship:

Archived