Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raj

Jamal Campbell-Ryce

:blink::unsure:

TAKE EASTWOOD....Waaaaahhhhheeeeeeyyyyyyy...cue Benny Hill theme,as Eastwood runs away whilst you chase him round apark....or something like that!!! :thumbup:

I like the idea, I think he's a good player and not for much money, it's gotta be worth a go, he also ripped Johansson to shreda last season, but then again, most right wingers generally did !!

• 2 weeks later...

Skysports:

Jamal Campbell-Ryce has expressed concern at Southend's lack of transfer activity this summer.

Charlie MacDonald from non-league side Ebbsfleet has been boss Steve Tilson's only signing so far despite the Shrimpers being linked with several other players.

Campbell-Ryce has just a year remaining on his current deal at Roots Hall and has yet to hear about his future, with Leicester and Coventry reportedly interested in the winger.

"I haven't been able to talk to anyone at the club. I want to stay but I am becoming very concerned at the lack of activity," he told the Echo.

"I have heard the rumours but I leave all that side of things to my agent and the club.

"I want to stay at Southend though, because I love the supporters."

Why is it everytime were linked with a player it reads, "is being chased by Leicester, and Coventry"

Because Mandaric has made Dowie go to Coventry to fook them up. So Mandaric checks the player out, if they are crap he sends them to Dowie and if they are remotely any good then we'll sign them.

• 1 month later...

Barnsley have had a £250,000 bid rejected by Southend for winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

Campbell-Ryce has been strongly linked with a move back to the Championship this summer following The Shrimpers' relegation.

Leicester and Coventry are also believed to be suitors of the 24-year-old, but Barnsley boss Simon Davey has made the first move.

Southend manager Steve Tilson wants to hang onto Campbell-Ryce after seeing star striker Freddy Eastwood join Wolves this summer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11713_2635271,00.html

Who is this guy? Is he actually any good? He can't be that good if Coventry are after him as well! I believe there are much better wingers out there that are possibilities for us, don't need more Josh Lows from lower leagues!

I read elsewnere that Lee Bowyer may be on his way. We don't need two right-wingers.

Interesting point here - if West Ham do sign Dyer, is Bowyer likely to stay.

Remember the handbags?

I'd like to see more of that.

If Bowyer comes here - I won't go and watch City.

Remember the handbags?

I can't see him dropping to our level.

I bet that's the only time he's ever been on a higher level than anyone.

Remember the handbags?

You're spot on, I hope it is nothing more than the usual speculation. It would be bad for the club and its relations with our multi-cultural City. Back to Jamal, I lived in Southend for a bit and they speak highly of him.

Couldn't see Bowyer and Kaabi getting on too well. I think his signing would send a bad message to the community and if Mandaric is serious about getting 20,000 more people going to games regularly he needs to appeal to Leicesters ethnic communities.

Archived