Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raj

Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Can this guy cross a ball? I always thought he was quick, tricky, direct and generally impressive until the final ball.

If he can pick out a forward though - get him in.

A perfect ball makes for an easy header (ref: my goal following Tomassi's perfect cross).

Wingers with pace flatter to decieve, give me one that can cross, I'll be happy.

If we get as many people in the box with heading ability as last season it won't make the slightest difference.

Apart from free-kicks, the only reason anyone crossed the ball under Kelly was cos its what footballers do.

When wingers crossed at most clubs you heard a reassuring thud as the ball was launched and the crowd watched in expectation as forwards hurtled into the box.

At Leicester the wingers simply cried: "Is anybody there" and fans shook their heads in despair at the question.

Someone even said they were going to market a Geoff Horsfield Jack-in-the-Box.

Apparently they could save on costs cos they didn't need a spring. :whistle:

Wingers with pace flatter to decieve, give me one that can cross, I'll be happy.

How much you willing to spend then?

Real wingers are a rare commodity these days, and the chances are that if they have pace and can cross, they'll be in the Prem.

I understand your point about wanting one that can cross, but really is it necessary, with Cort most probably not going to play a game thrun injury meaning we have no strikers over 6 foot?

I've always been impressed as well and would be all for it but we've a near identical player already in the squad that no one gives a second look, Gradel.

Competition will do him good.

arrf this again.

blah blah quick skillfull can't cross gets pushed off the ball to easy.

i agree...wow he woz southends best player last season and where did they end up..bak to league 1...we need quality players not sum best playa for an awful team :blink:

i agree...wow he woz southends best player last season and where did they end up..bak to league 1...we need quality players not sum best playa for an awful team :blink:

I hav 2 sA I fundamNtLlE disagree w yor tinkN hEr. He hz alwys lookd a bit lytw8 2 me & I also tink he wud not offer NEthing mo thN Porter o Gradel. I tink I wud rather W8 untl a BetA plAR came along. ;):thumbup:

Newton would be better.

He'll be expensive on wages but was the best loan for 2/3 years. As someone pointed out Gradel deserves matches. I'd give Porter his chances too, if he fails to perform on wing or anywhere else, he should go by January while his stock is still high.

How much you willing to spend then?

Real wingers are a rare commodity these days, and the chances are that if they have pace and can cross, they'll be in the Prem.

I understand your point about wanting one that can cross, but really is it necessary, with Cort most probably not going to play a game thrun injury meaning we have no strikers over 6 foot?

I didn't say that they had to have pace.

The team needs to be able to attack in different ways even if it's only just to keep the other team guessing, keeping the ball on the deck and repatidly attempting to go through the middle it just as easy to combat as aimless long balls if you set your team out in the right way.

I've said Chris Brunt before but I don't know if we have the financial clout to table offer that Wednesday would consider. Seeing as Mark Kennedy is getting on a bit we might be able to get him off Palace?

TBH Max Gradel isn't far off Jamals level (from what I've seen from each player probabley 6 or 7 games each) as has been said.

250k is an alright price but if we have intentions of bringing better in there is no point signing him for the sake of it.

Also I'd like to think that there is one more big striker on his way.

I didn't say that they had to have pace.

The team needs to be able to attack in different ways even if it's only just to keep the other team guessing, keeping the ball on the deck and repatidly attempting to go through the middle it just as easy to combat as aimless long balls if you set your team out in the right way.

I've said Chris Brunt before but I don't know if we have the financial clout to table offer that Wednesday would consider. Seeing as Mark Kennedy is getting on a bit we might be able to get him off Palace?

TBH Max Gradel isn't far off Jamals level (from what I've seen from each player probabley 6 or 7 games each) as has been said.

250k is an alright price but if we have intentions of bringing better in there is no point signing him for the sake of it.

Also I'd like to think that there is one more big striker on his way.

I agree, but what concerned me was the hype that MA & MM stirred up around the 'capture' of Cort, as if he was gonna be our 'big striker'!! :unsure:

I agree, but what concerned me was the hype that MA & MM stirred up around the 'capture' of Cort, as if he was gonna be our 'big striker'!! :unsure:

Think the young lad we signed might be the back up target man.

Archived