Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

James the Blue's Reminder

And obviously if it was tongue in cheek then fair enough, my mistake.

I don't have enough anger in me to put that much effort into a reply, like most sarcasm there's a wee element of truth in there but generally I'm ok with the proceedings so far, we're all entitled to bitch about the detail, but football wise it can never be done with the full knowledge of what the reality is so it's just ends up being a way of letting off some steam.

smiley-7-1-02.gif

A Chairman with experience, business sense, a proven track record, a desire to succeed and a bit of cash.

Yes but he's only in it for the money and adoration a fecking ego maniac

A Manager who connects with the fans, passionate, no nonsense, no poncing about, no fluffing, and a strong desire to succeed.

A manager who's won FA and is one sandwich short of a picnic, more interested in the flowerbeds than the footy pitch, thinks he's Marco Polo with his incessant holidays and who only knows one way to play - HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

A Sporting Director with connections, experience and a wealth of knowledge of the European game.

Who achieved FA when he was a manager, apart from some two bit promotion in Scotland so experience of failure - great

6 new players – some more promising than others but ALL of them adding something valuable to the squad.

Yes I'm wetting myself with excitement, an invalid, pensioner, a belligerent yoof, a foreign aging mercenary, a goalie who's crap at crosses and someone who dropped off the face of the earth for a year.

A club that will exploit commercial opportunities, grow organically and finally realise its potential in terms of stadium, fanbase and strategic capabilities.

So exploiting the fans then

A revitalised club pursuing a place in the Premiership within 3 years.

So revitalised we've missed out on Varney, Miguel Mostto, Karl Hawley and other 1st & 2nd Division and foreign wonder kids.

Get real we're small beer compared to giants like Barnsley and Stoke, big clubs with big ideas and bigger ambitions.

Bloody hell :yawn::yawn:

How much have we spent on these 6 players adding valuable dimensions to the squad?

Yes its great to have a passionate boss and a bit of financial muscle and I'm quite confident we have an exciting future.

The signings are poor though and you cant deny that. Whats wrong with moaning about them?

How much have we spent on these 6 players adding valuable dimensions to the squad?

Yes its great to have a passionate boss and a bit of financial muscle and I'm quite confident we have an exciting future.

The signings are poor though and you cant deny that. Whats wrong with moaning about them?

Because they're the start of building a better team than we've had for years.

Compare these with the rubbish we've seen come through the doors under Levein and Kelly.

N'Gotty will add experience and strength to the defence, Cort (IF he maintains his fitness) will score 15-20 goals (yes he's a risk but if we get another decent striker in it's a risk worth taking), Kishishev is the first of some much needed midfielders, Sappleton is a "beast of a player" (enough said), Nielsen I'm sure is an improvement on our current goalkeepers and Hellings who knows!

Who exactly were you expecting? Because while I'm not inspired by the signings I'm certainly satisfied.

Do you remember Fist of Fun? Some of you lot want the moon on a stick.

You can.

Hands up whose watched Hellings? Nielsen? Sappleton?

How do you know that they're poor? Is it because they're not a *gasp* Big Name?

As for Cort, N'gotty and Kishishev, again, how do you know they're poor? Have you watched them extensively recently, and know them to be worse players than those already at the club? If you have, then fair play, I apologise. If not, then I fail to see what basis you're saying their poor, apart from the "We've not signed Billy Sharp, Freddy Eastwood, Matt Jarvis for £5 million, therefore they must be rubbish!" line.

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.

I'm going to see Stewart Lee perform on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Fist of Fun was a great show. Curious orange originates from The Fall record 'I Am Kurious Oranj' which is an interesting listen in itself.

You learn something new everyday. And that's my thing for today.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Curious orange originates from The Fall record 'I Am Kurious Oranj' which is an interesting listen in itself.

A friend of ours did the set design for the shows in Edinburgh

I have all the Fall LP's

Two more exciting Facts for a Friday

A friend of ours did the set design for the shows in Edinburgh

I have all the Fall LP's

Two more exciting Facts for a Friday

I think I have read before that you have all the fall lp's. I knew that somebody had. A colleague of mine used to live next door to Mark E. Smith in Salford when they were at uni and used to go round to his house for cups of tea whilst they were working on Bend Sinister. Chances are though in Manchester you are going to meet someone who knows the Fall, worked with the Fall or was a member of the Fall.

i think everyone on here thinks N'Gotty will be made captain, Kishishev will be the playmaker and are expecting Sappleton to score 30 odd goals . i dont think anyone realises these freebies may just be to strengthen the squad. after all we did get rid of AJ, Tiatto and more deadwood and atleast 6 are on their way out (Transfer Listed players).

Milan will splash the cash soon i am sure but i do expect moans when we sign them too. you cannot please everyone. if you want it all go support FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Ac Milan or Liverpool.

Chances are though in Manchester you are going to meet someone who knows the Fall, worked with the Fall or was a member of the Fall.

Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't.

Musical ability was never a bar :D

Archived