Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Leicester City

But if Hendrie arrives why the hell should Weso be dropped? I rate Hendrie but he should have to justify his inclusion like everyone else. If he plays well and Weso plays even better then the manager should either pick Weso or both.

I agree Hendrie should have to fight for his place but if the contract is anything like the papers are suggesting, MA would be committing suicide benching his highest wage earner & I doubt Hendrie would sign knowing this. I guess MA will probably sign a left back and 2 wide players meaning the young guys occupy the bench anyway.

I've not posted for a while but I'd thought I'd give you an update on my views.

I'm sitting here with my signed Alan Maybury shirt on and remember like yesterday the day I received it. It was the CL revolution, LCFC.com were going mad with their propaganda bull shit "BUY A SIGNED SHIRT BY ALAN MAYBURY!!!!! THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE MR LCFC IN A FEW YEARS!!!!" yeah right!

My view on our signings so far -

Carl Cort - I still think Fryatt has a future at our club, we have a 20 goal a season striker that we need to instill confidence, come on martin, nurture the lad.

Neilsen - I think this guy could be the difference next season, Henderson and Logan were really prone to being shite just when it mattered last season. This guy is favourite on a peno? How much pressure if we concede a peno that matters in the 90th min at the walkers against blackpool!!!

N'Gotty - One of these that'll do a job. I hope we don't notice him but we notice the 10 clean sheets in a row. I use take taggs for granted, then realised the man mountain was winning us games.

Hellings - I hope it's not just a mackay pressure suggestion..........

mackays head - "SHITE I better start recommending players!!! but none of them would want to sign for leicester, hang on that Hellings will do"

Ricky Sappleton - He's on FM2007 but you can't click on him! Hope he's not the same as above. Anyway, haven't we got a mint youth team?

Kishishev - This is the gem after neilsen - What did we lack last year? A weso in midfield, now we have two!!! Some one who'll do the dirty work. I really liked hughes but the amount of times he exposed us was horrendous - I want rottweilers in midfield.

My starting line up for Blackpool

Neilson

New Kisnorbo N'Gotty Mattock

New Kishishev Weso Porter

Hume Fryatt

It's nice to worry about putting players in i.e Mcauley, Stearman, Hellings, Cort - they would be good cover

I still feel we're really shite down the right.

Agree with the lineup except maybe start Cort upfront with Hume. They got potential to be an electric partnership. I think Fryatt had an off season and will be revitalised and ready to go for next season. I don't think you can partner him with Hume though. Big man, Little man for me.

Also it is a make or break season for the likes of Stearman, Sheehan, Weso, Porter as to whether the lads can perform, I think all have potential to suceed and I really hope that they do. Would be nice to see the academy lads get a try being as how well they did last year, the likes of Odihambo, Gradel, Mckay obviously along with Mattock. I'm confident of a top of the table finish with a good blend of youth and experience. From what I hear about Hellings it is kind of telling you two different things, 1: amature football player, finished bottom the dutch league 2: used to be wanted by Boro & Leeds, came through Ajax youth team, signed for 2mil euros by Anderlect. I don't know which one to believe :dunno: we'l have to wait and see! :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong I would love to see us go up, what Leicester fan wouldn't. There is no doubt what MA has to do, Mandaric won't mess around.

To be honest I just can't see us making the Premiership next season. The club is going through huge changes on the playing side alone. If we go up, I will run through the streets naked and you can hold me to that (although don't watch!). Reading are a prime example of a consistant squad and starting XI. They havn't had huge funds but they field an XI in the Premier League that got them promoted. 7 of this seasons usual XI were in the first team 3 seasons ago. I just want to see some consistancy but with good players. I think a few of our lads have the potential too.

The trouble is, we would make more money by going up and coming straight back down, and despite MM, we need as much money as we can get. I'm sure that the Sunderland fans are not too disappointed to be yo-yoing at the moment. :dunno: (Obviously if they hadn't been relegated etc etc etc..... before any pedants get involved).

If clubs want to be s successful premier side they need to plan in advance for every situation. Yo-yoing won't help the clubs finances what so ever. Reading have a five year plan, and Bolton are the perfect example. Just four years ago they where relegation contenders now with a good board and to be great previous manager they where challenging for the champions league. I'd rather we be in the championship for the next 2/3 seasons creating a strong inferstructure and sound base that will enable us to become a top half premiership side. There is no point being a yo-yo club!

If clubs want to be s successful premier side they need to plan in advance for every situation. Yo-yoing won't help the clubs finances what so ever. Reading have a five year plan, and Bolton are the perfect example. Just four years ago they where relegation contenders now with a good board and to be great previous manager they where challenging for the champions league. I'd rather we be in the championship for the next 2/3 seasons creating a strong inferstructure and sound base that will enable us to become a top half premiership side. There is no point being a yo-yo club!

You can plan all you like, first of all it doesn't guarantee promotion just when you feel you are ready for it and secondly clubs like Leicester, Reading, Bolton, Charlton et al can only plan for as long as they have a decent manager, we were doing what Reading and Bolton are doing when we had MON in charge, 4 top ten finishes, plans for a new ground etc - MON left the rest is history, Charlton the same, who would bet on Bolton and Wigan still being in the Premier next year, I wouldn't and if Coppell left the same goes for Reading.

There's so many clubs like us that are only as good/bad as their last manager if they're are bad they yo-yo, if they are good the manager eventually leaves for somewhere bigger e.g Allardyce, Curbishley and you end up yo-yoing.

Your best bet is if you get a manager who is ambitious and good enough to want to manage in the Premier but either not interested or wanted by one of the bigger clubs, Allen :dunno: unfortunately that rarely if ever happens.

So you have to take your chances when they come and make the most of them, football isn't like other businesses, sure you need a decent infrastructure and business plan but it guarantees FA when your best players and management team can walk out of the door at the drop of a hat and we all know the effect of that can be far more serious then for a 'normal' business.

I'm not unhappy in the Championship anyway but I'll take promotion when and however it comes even if it means relegation the next season because the experience and money gained cannot be dismissed lightly.

I've not posted for a while but I'd thought I'd give you an update on my views.

I'm sitting here with my signed Alan Maybury shirt on and remember like yesterday the day I received it. It was the CL revolution, LCFC.com were going mad with their propaganda bull shit "BUY A SIGNED SHIRT BY ALAN MAYBURY!!!!! THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE MR LCFC IN A FEW YEARS!!!!" yeah right!

My view on our signings so far -

Carl Cort - I still think Fryatt has a future at our club, we have a 20 goal a season striker that we need to instill confidence, come on martin, nurture the lad.

Neilsen - I think this guy could be the difference next season, Henderson and Logan were really prone to being shite just when it mattered last season. This guy is favourite on a peno? How much pressure if we concede a peno that matters in the 90th min at the walkers against blackpool!!!

N'Gotty - One of these that'll do a job. I hope we don't notice him but we notice the 10 clean sheets in a row. I use take taggs for granted, then realised the man mountain was winning us games.

Hellings - I hope it's not just a mackay pressure suggestion..........

mackays head - "SHITE I better start recommending players!!! but none of them would want to sign for leicester, hang on that Hellings will do"

Ricky Sappleton - He's on FM2007 but you can't click on him! Hope he's not the same as above. Anyway, haven't we got a mint youth team?

Kishishev - This is the gem after neilsen - What did we lack last year? A weso in midfield, now we have two!!! Some one who'll do the dirty work. I really liked hughes but the amount of times he exposed us was horrendous - I want rottweilers in midfield.

My starting line up for Blackpool

Neilson

New Kisnorbo N'Gotty Mattock

New Kishishev Weso Porter

Hume Fryatt

It's nice to worry about putting players in i.e Mcauley, Stearman, Hellings, Cort - they would be good cover

I still feel we're really shite down the right.

Neilson

(running down wing)NEW Kisnorbo N'Gotty NEW(runnin down wing)

Kishishev

Hellings Porter

Hume

Cort Fryatt

...just a thought :whistle:

i agree with most of the suggestions made, although i'd revert to a 3-5-2. No teams in the championship play three up top, and i think by playing hume in the hole behind fryatt and cort we can be very successful. Mattock and steraman are both attacking players and would make perfect wing backs, in a team that would have strength and depth throughout that could finish on the top ten. Think thats a realistic target our season,

I quite like that idea. It'd be putting a lot of pressure on Stearman and Mattock's shoulders, but the extra centre-back should provide the cover if they get caught up the wrong end of the pitch.

Any way of incorporating Hume, Fryatt and Cort into the same side gets my vote. :thumbup:

You can plan all you like, first of all it doesn't guarantee promotion just when you feel you are ready for it and secondly clubs like Leicester, Reading, Bolton, Charlton et al can only plan for as long as they have a decent manager, we were doing what Reading and Bolton are doing when we had MON in charge, 4 top ten finishes, plans for a new ground etc - MON left the rest is history, Charlton the same, who would bet on Bolton and Wigan still being in the Premier next year, I wouldn't and if Coppell left the same goes for Reading.

There's so many clubs like us that are only as good/bad as their last manager if they're are bad they yo-yo, if they are good the manager eventually leaves for somewhere bigger e.g Allardyce, Curbishley and you end up yo-yoing.

Your best bet is if you get a manager who is ambitious and good enough to want to manage in the Premier but either not interested or wanted by one of the bigger clubs, Allen :dunno: unfortunately that rarely if ever happens.

So you have to take your chances when they come and make the most of them, football isn't like other businesses, sure you need a decent infrastructure and business plan but it guarantees FA when your best players and management team can walk out of the door at the drop of a hat and we all know the effect of that can be far more serious then for a 'normal' business.

I'm not unhappy in the Championship anyway but I'll take promotion when and however it comes even if it means relegation the next season because the experience and money gained cannot be dismissed lightly.

Absolutely spot on.

Absolutely spot on.

Hi stranger, how are you, are you planning on going down next season or is it going to be too difficult expensive to get there?

There will still be a club called Leicester City long after each of us has passed away. They will still be winning matches and losing matches, getting promoted and getting relegated. Take what joy you can from each game and make the most of it. The last few years haven't been the most exciting to watch but even last season which was pretty desperate for the most part, we had some incredible times.

I am determined to enjoy this season whatever happens. Expectations may be raised now but I am going to try and keep in mind games like Crystal Palace away and QPR at home last season when we sank without any trace of effort or endeavour. Whatever the quality of football and wherever we end up in the league, seeing a cohesive team that will actually fight for every ball is top of my agenda now. That hasn't always been the case but things change. I am hoping players like Kishishev and Wesolowski will play major parts this season and actually let the other team know they have been in a game.

If we end up anywhere near the play-offs then so be it, but for the main part let's just give it a go as fans and fingers crossed we will have a team we can identify with a little bit again.

F'ckin Levi Porter :dunno:

Out of all the shite that was last season that little nomark put in the worst performance of all, home against Derby, he was disgusting, Christ he was worse than Low was against Villa. He won't make it past week 2 of pre-season before Allen and MacKay start making plans to ship him out to Notts County.

F'ckin Levi Porter :dunno:

Out of all the shite that was last season that little nomark put in the worst performance of all, home against Derby, he was disgusting, Christ he was worse than Low was against Villa. He won't make it past week 2 of pre-season before Allen and MacKay start making plans to ship him out to Notts County.

We surely msut be able to get a better left winger than Porter. He was ok last season, but hes just not strong or fast enough to make it as a winger at this level. He might be a better centre midfeilder I don't know. A season on loan in league 1 wouldn't do him any harm though.

Porter FFS... we need to get a new winger as he isn't good enough.

He's good enough for lower mid-table championship but not if we want to be pushing for championship. Wingers, plus at least one more CM must surely be on MA's shopping list. I'm expecting some serious action in the transfer market over the next couple of weeks.

I'm still not convinced that hume will play up front next season. though i think he will play.

Poor old porter gets a bashing doesn't here, i don't think he is amazing, though he has got something about him, very composed for his age.

Though he iss still no more than back up. Need a left side player.

I'm still not convinced that hume will play up front next season. though i think he will play.

Poor old porter gets a bashing doesn't here, i don't think he is amazing, though he has got something about him, very composed for his age.

Though he iss still no more than back up. Need a left side player.

Composed?????

Last player I saw running in to dead ends and hiding from the ball like that was Junior Lewis.

Hi stranger, how are you, are you planning on going down next season or is it going to be too difficult expensive to get there?

I'm good. I'll be going down every so often next season, and hoping to go to a handful of away games too. It's not a question of expense, it's just that it will take a big chunk out of my weekend now that I'm based in London. Only having 2 days off and then spending one of them on football isn't something I want to do every week!

From what I hear about Hellings it is kind of telling you two different things, 1: amature football player, finished bottom the dutch league 2: used to be wanted by Boro & Leeds, came through Ajax youth team, signed for 2mil euros by Anderlect. I don't know which one to believe :dunno: we'l have to wait and see! :thumbup:

I have a feeling that we should back hellings to be a success as he could very well be the dark horse of this season. Then again....

I have a feeling that we should back hellings to be a success as he could very well be the dark horse of this season. Then again....

We've got to back all the new players, doesn't matter where they are from, managers have made a name for themselves for bringing unknowns into their team and making them good players.

Allen will give every player a clean slate, if porter hasn't changed his attitude he'll be farmed out on loan or sacked. He's only young and like stearman i think a strong manager could be the making of them

It's all guesswork right now but I can well imagine Porter being used mainly off the bench next season and believe there's no reason he shouldn't have an excellent season.

He will have less need to pace himself and will have the opportunity to deveop his game and stamina to the extent nececessary for concentrated first team work.

Presumably Allen will give him a wider role and this will also enable him to be more effective but people so quickly forget - he was demonstrably our most creative player last season and with such limited players around him.

His biggest problem will be the considerable weight of opinion from fans who believe the use of any young player is risky and who would never give any of them time to progress at first team level.

Hopefully we don't have a manager in the same mould.

Archived