Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Leicester City

I've not posted for a while but I'd thought I'd give you an update on my views.

I'm sitting here with my signed Alan Maybury shirt on and remember like yesterday the day I received it. It was the CL revolution, LCFC.com were going mad with their propaganda bull shit "BUY A SIGNED SHIRT BY ALAN MAYBURY!!!!! THIS GUY IS GOING TO BE MR LCFC IN A FEW YEARS!!!!" yeah right!

My view on our signings so far -

Carl Cort - I still think Fryatt has a future at our club, we have a 20 goal a season striker that we need to instill confidence, come on martin, nurture the lad.

Neilsen - I think this guy could be the difference next season, Henderson and Logan were really prone to being shite just when it mattered last season. This guy is favourite on a peno? How much pressure if we concede a peno that matters in the 90th min at the walkers against blackpool!!!

N'Gotty - One of these that'll do a job. I hope we don't notice him but we notice the 10 clean sheets in a row. I use take taggs for granted, then realised the man mountain was winning us games.

Hellings - I hope it's not just a mackay pressure suggestion..........

mackays head - "SHITE I better start recommending players!!! but none of them would want to sign for leicester, hang on that Hellings will do"

Ricky Sappleton - He's on FM2007 but you can't click on him! Hope he's not the same as above. Anyway, haven't we got a mint youth team?

Kishishev - This is the gem after neilsen - What did we lack last year? A weso in midfield, now we have two!!! Some one who'll do the dirty work. I really liked hughes but the amount of times he exposed us was horrendous - I want rottweilers in midfield.

My starting line up for Blackpool

Neilson

New Kisnorbo N'Gotty Mattock

New Kishishev Weso Porter

Hume Fryatt

It's nice to worry about putting players in i.e Mcauley, Stearman, Hellings, Cort - they would be good cover

I still feel we're really shite down the right.

Kisnorbo is suspended.

The Hume/Fryatt combination is too lightweight. Cort will be given a starting place if fit.

Agree with you about the right side though - it needs sorting out before opening day.

Kisnorbo is suspended.

The Hume/Fryatt combination is too lightweight. Cort will be given a starting place if fit.

Agree with you about the right side though - it needs sorting out before opening day.

Forgot about kisnorbo

I have faith in Hume and Fryatt.

My view.

We rode the crest of the wave and I believed that we were on the verge of something big.

Heskey and Collymore up front with a solid Izzet Savage Lennon midfield!! To me it was the most competative side we have had and rightfully a top 4 premiership line up at that time...

But then the LCFC factor kicked in. Colleymore did himself in, we sold Heskey. O'Neill left taking lennon and then we spend a shed load on absolute rubbish.

In a nutshell ever since LCFC thrashed sunderland that fateful day we have been on a downward spiral. I have seen no evidence of a recovery since.

But I still believe that the biggest dreams can come true.

I agree with the fryatt thing, i think he has something about him.

I'd go with this on the players we have at the mo.

Neilssen

Stearman N'gotty Kisnorbo Mattock

Hume Kisishev Hellings(gotta give him a go) Porter

Cort Fryatt

But it will be very different still to that i'd have thought.

i agree with most of the suggestions made, although i'd revert to a 3-5-2. No teams in the championship play three up top, and i think by playing hume in the hole behind fryatt and cort we can be very successful. Mattock and steraman are both attacking players and would make perfect wing backs, in a team that would have strength and depth throughout that could finish on the top ten. Think thats a realistic target our season,

i agree with most of the suggestions made, although i'd revert to a 3-5-2. No teams in the championship play three up top, and i think by playing hume in the hole behind fryatt and cort we can be very successful. Mattock and steraman are both attacking players and would make perfect wing backs, in a team that would have strength and depth throughout that could finish on the top ten. Think thats a realistic target our season,

there is no way we will be playing with 3 at the back weve far to many first team defenders

Unless any of the new players are injured, I think they will all start, it's just who do you pick around them, this is my Blackpool 11;

Neilson

Stearman

Mcauley

N'Gotty

Mattock

New right winger

Hellings

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Cort.

if stearman and mattock are playing as wing backs that takes two defenders out of the equation. N'gotty kissa and Mcauley as the CBs'. N'gotty can be the experience and cover, allowing the other two to attack the ball. Further to my point earlier i've thought about and levi could be given a chance in the hole instead of hume if he reverts to playin up top.

I've got a completely open mind and will wait to see how people perform pre-season. But I'd make sure any system fits the players available. This idea of choosing a system first and then the players to fit into it is strange to me and suggests far too fixed a mindset.

Neilsen

Stearman

Mcauley

N'Gotty

Mattock

(T.Sinclair) or someone new

Kishishev

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Cort.

Bench...

G-Henderson D-(New Player) DM-Maybury(if still here) M-Hellings A-(McLeod) or Fryatt

We would still be very light and I can't see that team making the playoffs. God I hope Mattock, Stearman, Porter and Wesolowski shine and maybe a few of the others like Dodds, Odhiambo. What happened to Ashley Chambers?

If Lee Hendrie was to sign ideally Wesolowski should be dropped to the bench but I hope to see Weso having a blinding season. Now we are financially stable, I don't see the big rush in trying to get back into the big time. I'd like to see these youngsters given the chance with some experienced players be-side them.

Neilsen

Stearman

Mcauley

N'Gotty

Mattock

Kishishev

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Cort.

Bench...

G-Henderson D-(New Player) DM-Maybury(if still here) M-Hellings A-(McLeod) or Fryatt

We would still be very light and I can't see that team making the playoffs. God I hope Mattock, Stearman, Porter and Wesolowski shine and maybe a few of the others like Dodds, Odhiambo. What happened to Ashley Chambers?

If Lee Hendrie was to sign ideally Wesolowski should be dropped to the bench but I hope to see Weso having a blinding season. Now we are financially stable, I don't see the big rush in trying to get back into the big time. I'd like to see these youngsters given the chance with some experienced players be-side them.

Are you telling me that because we are financially secure you would sacrifice getting to the premiership in order to see a few youngsters play in the championship for a few years? :blink: Surely the aim is always get to the premiership as quick as we can, i see no reason why we would want to prelong it.

Are you telling me that because we are financially secure you would sacrifice getting to the premiership in order to see a few youngsters play in the championship for a few years? :blink: Surely the aim is always get to the premiership as quick as we can, i see no reason why we would want to prelong it.

As a fan you're probably right in wanting to get up their so early, but it wouldn't work out for us in the premiership. We'd get relegated without any grace, because MM's spending power is minuscule up there. We need more than anything to have a backbone of 7-8 players that would do well there, and we don't. So to bring any sense to my argument, I'd rather we get the long-term plan right and make ourselves a premiership mainstay.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see us go up, what Leicester fan wouldn't. There is no doubt what MA has to do, Mandaric won't mess around.

To be honest I just can't see us making the Premiership next season. The club is going through huge changes on the playing side alone. If we go up, I will run through the streets naked and you can hold me to that (although don't watch!). Reading are a prime example of a consistant squad and starting XI. They havn't had huge funds but they field an XI in the Premier League that got them promoted. 7 of this seasons usual XI were in the first team 3 seasons ago. I just want to see some consistancy but with good players. I think a few of our lads have the potential too.

Totally agree. I wanna see Premier League football every season. I'm not keen on the heartache of going down.

S Walsh

M Izzet

N Lennon

S Guppy

M Elliott

Perhaps you could throw in Heskey too.

These were the back bone of Leicester for seasons & I expect it will take something like that to keep us there next time.

Porter FFS... we need to get a new winger as he isn't good enough.

Porter had his stages of decent form last season but nothing that was really consistant, I agree, he needs replacing. He would provide adequate back up though.

Spot on, though many will disagree.

Actually many agree he isn't good enough. I for one think he underperformed like the rest of the squad. If he cannot improve sell him as fast as possible.

Neilsen

Stearman

Mcauley

N'Gotty

Mattock

Kishishev

Wesolowski

Porter

Hume

Cort.

Bench...

If everyone keeps a genuinely open mind it's impossible to tell who will deserve selection but I'd be surprised if our starting line-up including more than 3 players aged 20 or under. Two is more likely with one and occasionally two more on the bench.

While I am all for developing youth talent and have happily backed our youngsters against the likes of Maybury, Hughes, Jarrett, Johnson, Low, Sylla and even Nils in some situations, they'll have a far tougher task dislodging the likes of Kishishev, N'gotty, Cort and others who seem likely to arrive.

It's not a question or rushing towards promotion or otherwise. You try to win all your matches and see where that takes you.

Our youngsters this season will have to compete in the new situation and we'll soon see how serious they are about a career in top flight professional football by the way they react.

But if Hendrie arrives why the hell should Weso be dropped? I rate Hendrie but he should have to justify his inclusion like everyone else. If he plays well and Weso plays even better then the manager should either pick Weso or both.

There is nothing worse for morale than having in-form players sidelined for expediency's sake.

We had enough of that at the start of last season.

As a fan you're probably right in wanting to get up their so early, but it wouldn't work out for us in the premiership. We'd get relegated without any grace, because MM's spending power is minuscule up there. We need more than anything to have a backbone of 7-8 players that would do well there, and we don't. So to bring any sense to my argument, I'd rather we get the long-term plan right and make ourselves a premiership mainstay.

Trouble with that strategy is you'll get very few Premiership quality players to play for LCFC, if they are already that good then that's where they'll be and if we try to develop players with us until the time is right they wont stay.

You have to assume that the £60 mill you get for getting there will buy you a decent enough to team to finish 4th bottom or above.

So far I'm pleased with the signings we've made- there's not been one yet that I've thought really bad of yet which is a good start I guess.

But we really do need at least two wingers and a creative central midfielder before we can start going places. I'm sure Allen is trying his best to get these sorts of players in and I have every confidence we'll see these sorts of players coming in soon.

:thumbup:

Porter FFS... we need to get a new winger as he isn't good enough.

100% agree......I'm stunned people are considering him for a place next season!

He's had his chance and he was fu*king rubbish.......I really hope he doesnt play ever again

I'm sure Martin will recognise this during pre-season and get rid of him (hopefully anyway)

xx

Archived