Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Sheehan to leave on loan?

It's time he went somewhere permanently. Hopefully he'll go there, do alright and sign a proper contract for them. We are just delaying his football career at the moment. Same goes for Dodds. It's been a while now since these were in the Academy side.

It is not their fault they were given no football. Dodds had an excellent pre-season last year and the only reason Kelly didn't use our "best natural finisher" in the first team later on was because early on he preferred to pick the unfit Fryatt and later declaredly decided to "go with experience" ie Donkey Horsfield and we saw what a wonderful decision that was.

Sheehan remains the best attacking left-back I've seen at the club though I cannot judge the new signings.

It's early days but from what I've gathered so far I'd already back Dodds to score more goals and be available for more games than ever Cort will be and there's no guarantee Fryatt will still be here, sharp as he is sounding.

As people have mentioned we seem a long way from getting the 20 goals a season strikers we need and the ever understated Dodds seems unlikely to get chance to prove he can be one.

Why has Dodds come back to Leicester? He hasn't got a hope in hells chance of making the first team. He couldn't even do it last season when the only striker he had to contend with was Hume. The rest were dog mess and he still didn't make an appearance.

This season we've got the arrival of Cort, Sappleton and at least one more to come. Plus Fryatt is back to full fitness, I can't see how Dodds can be positive about breaking in to the first team. Plus, Odihambo and McKay have done themselves no harm after their tally of goals last season.

Dodds will be about 18th choice.

It is not their fault they were given no football. Dodds had an excellent pre-season last year and the only reason Kelly didn't use our "best natural finisher" in the first team later on was because early on he preferred to pick the unfit Fryatt and later declaredly decided to "go with experience" ie Donkey Horsfield and we saw what a wonderful decision that was.

Sheehan remains the best attacking left-back I've seen at the club though I cannot judge the new signings.

It's early days but from what I've gathered so far I'd already back Dodds to score more goals and be available for more games than ever Cort will be and there's no guarantee Fryatt will still be here, sharp as he is sounding.

As people have mentioned we seem a long way from getting the 20 goals a season strikers we need and the ever understated Dodds seems unlikely to get chance to prove he can be one.

Seems a bit pointless them staying here when we are getting an even bigger squad than we had last season, with strength in depth in every position.

If we don't sign another left-back or striker then fair enough maybe, but I can't see us going into the season with what we have at the moment in those positions, Sheehan and Dodds included.

I can't see either of them ever becoming regulars for us and I think they need to get two or three seasons consistent league football.

Why has Dodds come back to Leicester? He hasn't got a hope in hells chance of making the first team. He couldn't even do it last season when the only striker he had to contend with was Hume. The rest were dog mess and he still didn't make an appearance.

This season we've got the arrival of Cort, Sappleton and at least one more to come. Plus Fryatt is back to full fitness, I can't see how Dodds can be positive about breaking in to the first team. Plus, Odihambo and McKay have done themselves no harm after their tally of goals last season.

I've had an email this morning saying we shouldn't get that excited about Sappleton, that he shouldn't really be considered as one of our front-line signings and predicting he'll quickly have a bust-up with Beaglehole.

Wolves have already reportedly increased their offer for Fryatt to over £1million and are clearly persisting with their interest and Carl Cort is already sounding like our new Morris.

Odhiambo and McKay are smashing prospects but I wouldn't rate either of them above Dodds just yet.

If I were MA I'd still be seeking a genuine 20-goals a season guy but right now I'd say is definitely among our top three available strikers.

Seems a bit pointless them staying here when we are getting an even bigger squad than we had last season, with strength in depth in every position.

If we don't sign another left-back or striker then fair enough maybe, but I can't see us going into the season with what we have at the moment in those positions, Sheehan and Dodds included.

I can't see either of them ever becoming regulars for us and I think they need to get two or three seasons consistent league football.

I have to agree, both Dodds and Sheehan will be very far down the pecking order, but I suppose MA will wait till he gets another striker and left back before disposing them!!!!!

Before we punt Dodds or Sheehan out for nothing i would like us to send them out on a long loan deal and see if they can improve. Something can click in some of these young footballers and they can show giant strides and go from zero to hero. If they go on loan and fail we should then get rid but only once we are 100% sure.

I've had an email this morning saying we shouldn't get that excited about Sappleton, that he shouldn't really be considered as one of our front-line signings and predicting he'll quickly have a bust-up with Beaglehole.

Wolves have already reportedly increased their offer for Fryatt to over £1million and are clearly persisting with their interest and Carl Cort is already sounding like our new Morris.

Odhiambo and McKay are smashing prospects but I wouldn't rate either of them above Dodds just yet.

If I were MA I'd still be seeking a genuine 20-goals a season guy but right now I'd say is definitely among our top three available strikers.

It's funny you should say that, because i've been hearing how impressive he looks and that he's an absolute beast to play against. Will be interesting to see how he get's on.

It's funny you should say that, because i've been hearing how impressive he looks and that he's an absolute beast to play against. Will be interesting to see how he get's on.

Hume sounded impressed so let's hope that he keeps his suspect temperament in check and does the business. :thumbup:

I had an email telling me that I needed some Viaggra and Cailis, let's just hope the email you got was just as truthful!!!! :D

I had an email telling me that I needed some Viaggra and Cailis, let's just hope the email you got was just as truthful!!!! :D

Ummmm. Last time I saw you in the hands of a young lady I was a bit worried about your staying power! :D :D

surely joe mattock should now be considered over sheehan anyway

im hoping mattock is really more involved this season

That appears to be the consensus. But if Sheehan has got over his injuries and regained the sharpness and appetite of old then he's a capable player and there's much in it at all.

I just think that with Sheehan being four years older the focus is on fast-tracking Mattock.

be fair, he is at least ahead of elvis and devries.

Shit the bed, an email?!

Really?!

I'd rather get rid permanently to be honest, I have barely seen Sheehan play but once has stuck in my mind when we drew 1-1 with Crewe and his petulence and poor tackling ability got himself sent off at 1-0 down.

Accttuualllllyyyyy IF I remember correctly, the moron got a second booking for deliberate hand ball.

Numpty.

Archived